The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
cow_pattie

HBWR question

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about purchasing some HBWR and was wondering about this Fractal strain. When grown, are the Fractals any different from "normal" strains as far as physical appearances go? Or is the name just an indication of its alkaloid content? Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by cow_pattie:

When grown, are the Fractals any different from "normal" strains as far as physical appearances go?

No.

Or is the name just an indication of its alkaloid content?

yes.

There ya go! I just learnt something too. :)

Fractals are the second strongest out there atm arent they i think, the fnq is the strongest. This was discussed in another thread a while back actually.

yeah the FNQ was/is the freshest SAB has/had. i got some a while back. i am too much of a heavy weight though. i remember i had a lot(i wont say how many but it was too many) of seeds in one night, had great fun, it was wild. but then i hear of a few people gone to hospital after having 3 seeds, havnt touched em since. got a little scared with consumption.

I cant find that post but here is another Here

quote:

Or is the name just an indication of its alkaloid content?

yes.

Hehe. If there are still Fractal seeds out there, they are best planted in the ground so that they can grow into plants with seeds showing alkaloid profiles that warrant the name. The freshest original 'Fractal' seed is about two years old now and therefore more or less devoid of goodness (unless someone out there worked out some kind of preservation process I wonder if anyone has any seeding plants from those yet???

that's exactly what we thought too. but in practice it hasn't turned out that way. Sure, there is the initial drop in potency over the first few months, but then to seems to level out. we've actually been asked to reduce the packet size for our wholesale line to 5 seeds per pack for exactly this seed. Feedback also indicates that nothing much has chanced over the last 18 months. I am a bit puzzled by this too. We've even had people comment that there was no difference between fractal and FNQ (even though there is at least 12 months difference). we're on the last kilo of fractal seed now, so will soon only offer them in small packs (but will have others in bulk).

So far, I gather that the Fractal seeds originate from Australia from a specific plant chosen for its unusually high alkaloid content (and isn't a "strain" per se), and that the freshest seeds of it available are about 2 years old (for reasons unclear... maybe it's not cultivated anymore)?

Was/are the Fractals only available in Australia? I plan on purchasing some from an online vendor located here in the States, but if Au has laws against its exportation, then maybe I won't be getting the genuine article.

quote:

Posted by Fractalhead-

I wonder if anyone has any seeding plants from those yet???

Ive got one Fractal seedling from SAB under lights. booming!

dont wanna open new topic so:

i have a question about HBWR :

is the fruit coming from the flower or the fruit grows on its own ?

and if the fruit comes from the flower how much time after flowering will i have seeds??

thanks

ok a new question about hbwr - maybe this time someone will answer...

i wonder if there any interesting area in the plant excepr the seeds that worth to try?

what will happen if i smoke the leavesroot?

or eat them...

So how low is this baseline T? It sounds like its high time for an LC/MS time course experiment If the drop-off does equilibrate to a stable baseline this could suggest that the decrease in potency could be the result of a shift in metabolic equilibrium between the seed on the vine and off the vine. Perhaps there is actual enzymatic metabolism going on in the seed once its picked and the fold decrease in potency depends on the starting levels of certain enzymatic substrates at the point of harvest.

Alternatively, there may be more than one major active, one more stable than the other. The final baseline activity (and degradation curve) may depend on the initial ratios of the actives which in turn may depend on genetics and/or epigenetic factors.

Hmmm interesting stuff... looks like I might have to re-investigate

why is that i have flowers but no fruits??

the flowers drops but i'm not even close to get any fruits... :(((((((((

whats wrong with my plant?

how can i pollinate my flowers without any bugs??

will it work with ears sticks? i did it with mt passiflora plant.

so please help me here - thanks :)

Maybe you should let your chlorine evaporate off before putting plant cuttings in that sort of water!

A pinch of clonex in the water will probably help things along :)

Apo: some councils in Australia now use Chloramine, which doesn't evaporate. It saves them a few cents a kilolitre, but the chemical is also stored in your cells for much longer, and is more toxic, than Chlorine.

They also don't have to re-dose as regularly, because it doesn't evaporate.

You might want to look at using water ager, for aquariums, if you're worried about chlorine or chloramine in your water.

I belive adding some H2O2 will get rid of the chlorine, there is a H2O2 silver nitrate mix available from hydro shops (Hydro Sheild?) that can be used for this purpouse and has the added benefit of the Silver Nitrate which is great for general health.