The Corroboree
Torsten

eatfoo has been suspended for abuse of reputation system

Going back to the positizing and neging, a problem I see with how it currently works is that I rarely re-read the posts I have made and I assume other also just click the button to go to newest post. This means that if I or someone else makes a post that is considered shit then I most likely will not see that the post has been rated accordingly.

Ofcourse people could start going back and checking their past post to see but I thought I would chuck it out there to see what others think.

This comment is not related to the suspension of eatfoo, just a general comment.

Going back to the positizing and neging, a problem I see with how it currently works is that I rarely re-read the posts I have made and I assume other also just click the button to go to newest post. This means that if I or someone else makes a post that is considered shit then I most likely will not see that the post has been rated accordingly.

Ofcourse people could start going back and checking their past post to see but I thought I would chuck it out there to see what others think.

This comment is not related to the suspension of eatfoo, just a general comment.

So, +/- are just used to rate if a post you made was helpful?

Good intentions and all that, road to hell

Caring as a motivation doesn't equate to productive contribution

Sometimes the result is quite detracting and even counterproductive.

Edited by Archaea
  • Like 3

Caring as a motivation doesn't equate to productive contribution

Yet threatening to ban people whenever they question your arrogance does?

I to am willing to take it all public, Torsten. People need to know how much of a dick you really are. The only thing you don't tolerate is any intolerance to your intolerance. And let me tell ya, the range of your intolerance is pretty friggin' vast...

Edited by synchromesh
  • Like 2

I see our Fungi Friend is having trouble understanding the +/- system hmmm.

:rolleyes:

LOL Must be productive fuck man you're sound like a NAZI!

How about interesting or different?

Too much has been lumped into areas that are unfounded here...so within a thread,if there is an imminent problem, then what do the moderators do actually???

Seems a counterproductive "Status" to me.

As for people leaving on my behalf.....well they must be weak as piss and therefore not much use to a forum that needs solid contributor...like me with all my problems and "Drug-Issues" LOL

• Like 1

I think the default setting is chronological order - so I just use that and inevitably end up checking out older posts that I am interested in.

Secondly, I really think that we all should just get back to discussing plants or something. Plantheads aren't meant to get this argumentative.

• Like 4

my Opa fought in WWII, the german side... should i be taking offence to being called a nazi? ... True, i dont like being called one but after so many years, u adjust and u learn... Ignorant people just need something to bitch about and well, history doesnt go away :P

Why must everything be degraded down to the "Nazi level"...?

Ugh.. why not make a simple comparison to communism? or elitism? or something along those lines? No, straight for the blonde hair and blue eyed enforcers. Just seems low and somewhat insulting at an intellectual level.. :BANGHEAD2: "lets have a discussion" "Ok, NAZI!"

Dont make me Zeig Heil my way out of this community just because i can march, produce the flag and sing the original national anthem... and get a big red banner happening...

Im not that person.. But have been taught and brought up with that mentality. And have chosen to accept my grandfather as he is, a soldier from a different time.. and i accept you as you are, a douche who needs a tissue...

Thats about enough racial-ism i can handle..

Trolling, that is being rude and abusive, should be worthy of a ban. Incrimination and spam too, but posting about conspiracy theories? Really? If I was more paranoid I'd guess that Torsten is part of the illuminati and this whole forum is some kind of controlled opposition where our leaders can see where the psychedelic resistance is heading, and smother any real movement before it ever gains any momentum, with our self appointed guru and arbiter of "quality posts" re-assuring us all that it is actually all just "drivel". *phew* I can sleep at night now and not worry about the threats all around me, well, apart from "climate change".

I understand that the almost evangelical rantings of a conspiracy theorist could be a bit much for some, the global conspiracy we're trapped in is a bit much for me, of course because I see things from a different angle to you Torsten, I must be a lesser quality contributer (or even paranoid). In a supposedly open minded forum, when certain theories are cut down as certified loony bin bull shit, especially by our mighty leader himself, I can see why the defense mechanism springs into action (ego games are a big part of the control grid). The most effective way to dismiss a conspiracy theory is to call the person(s) discussing it names and watch them go batshit crazy defending themselves, then it is not the theory discussed, rather the emotional and mental stability of the person(s), if you can insinuate enough then the theory is destroyed by association with the "crazy guy". Keep reminding us that Mescalito has a drug problem, I dunno what Synchromesh's problem is meant to be, I'm sure SlyBacon and if I keep this up then I too, will have mental problems ;)

...so where are all the other deranged minds? You're told to piss off to some conspiracy forum and lose the friends and connections you've made through plants. Orders are orders I guess.

"A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on."

-William S. Burroughs

Love what you've done Torsten! I don't love what you're doing though!

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1

haha thats the third reference ive heard of torsten being in the "illuminati" haha. i love you freaks.

• Like 1

i like your post dude, but i don't think T is a double-agent and i don't think you really do either. i'm beginning to see the reason why certain types of posts need to be kept to a reasonable level, I support the admin and mods because they made this place and keep it running.

synchro, mesc, i like you dudes, i hope you will just step back in line and therefore stick around. everyone has a bit of an idea what T is like. mess with the bull you get the horns.

in my time here, there have always been people trying to bring the place down. don't be those people.

• Like 3

^^^i agree.

this place, since i discovered it has been gold for all sorts of stuff. i've only been here for three years but from the people ive met personally and thru chat have made me feel like intelligence amongst travellors still exits, in this, very confusing times-even for the best brains amongst us(not me im just a conduit) personally ive let my private life influence comments here from time to time but im stronger now.i still travel all the time )im no god botherer(

so enough with heaviness - we all gotta admit this is t's baby and live with it. it's an ugly,beautiful,profane machine of ethnobotany, so lets keep this ship floating straight and stop giving the mods bs about bs about bs

• Like 7

Trolling, that is being rude and abusive, should be worthy of a ban. Incrimination and spam too, but posting about conspiracy theories? Really?

The problem isn't about the conspiracy theories being posted, but about the volume they are being posted at and the way the posters keep bringing as many threads as possible around to their topic even if it is not related. The main complaint I get is that a nice scientific thread ends up in complete conspiracy garbage so that those with the scientific interest no longer feel like posting their stuff. I'd prefer for them to stay and post than for the conspiracy posters to take over.

Not a single conspiracy thread has ever been censored or deleted for the fact that it was a conspiracy topic. There is no censorship of the content here. However, I do promote the protection of topics. How would you feel if I turned every topic into a discussion on gay marriage? Kinda lame right and eventually you'd get sick of it and probably elave. well, those who are here for the science and who have little other interest see their threads being systematically poisoned and I don't think that is right which is why we are tightening things a bit over the enxt little while until we get back to the natural balance we had before hutch.

• Like 13

You ever go to to a store and see a little kid throwing a temper tantrum at their mom, who just seems to tolerate it and let it play out, and the kid just keeps screaming at the mom, complaining about how their mom not bending to their will is a travesty of justice?

Maybe mom should not have to spend all her time dealing with tantrums and whining kids?

My understanding is that she has chores to do and has a lot of kids.

When the behavior of one child detracts from the general welfare of many more children it becomes a problem.

We should at least have some no tantrum zones, where whining posts will be censored the same way incriminating posts... Well maybe not should, but it would be nice.

You ever hear a kid throwing a tantrum over something petty that they are taking too seriously?

Like opinions online.

• Like 6

As a chill space mod, i can absolutely confirm what Torsten just posted! Though there were few reasons to moderate conspiracy theory content in the past, i get the insane shits from it by now. I get along with mescalito pretty well and had few cases i felt one of synchro´s post to be against the rules. That said, i feel like i´m getting spammed with content that just doesnt fit here. This is not targeted at anyone in particular and i mean the conspiracy content as "a whole". And that needs to stop. Not because we want to censor the content but because there needs to be some kind direction were heading to. Im not saying in any way that we should throw out people but i think its time to set some boundaries in regard to the content. At this time, Im really tempted to move Threads about Conspiracy Theories to the bitches forum right away. Because thats the kind of stuff that i´d overread if i were a regular user. And im sure im not the only one who does that. Im a very wary and sceptical citizen myself and i´m totally for people who dont follow their governments blindly. But there are limits for everything and theres only so much you discuss about conspiracy theories on an ethnobotanical forum. If thats not enough, people need to open their own conspiracy theory forum and only come here to talk about ethnobotany and their social life. To me, that sounds very fair for everyone involved. We just cant take much more conspiracy threads anymore here. On the long term, we´d lose some very good ethnobotanical posters and i cant accept that. We always were one of the, if not the best ethnobotanical forum in the world and i certainly wont settle for less. In regard to the content, i´d say lets get back to the roots. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 2

If I was more paranoid I'd guess that Torsten is part of the illuminati and this whole forum is some kind of controlled opposition where our leaders can see where the psychedelic resistance is heading, and smother any real movement before it ever gains any momentum, with our self appointed guru and arbiter of "quality posts" re-assuring us all that it is actually all just "drivel". *phew* I can sleep at night now and not worry about the threats all around me, well, apart from "climate change".

This forum has ALWAYS had quality control in soem form or another. Which I presume is one of the reasons you are here. Cos if it wasn't for the quality then there are other options. For example an ethnobotany forum that is run by all the people who hate me that has been going for quite a while now, but for some reason doesn't quite have the content or volume [and in any case has censored more threads than we ever have]. See, you can't just take the good without the bad. Here that means that there are certain limits. But like I said, no conspiracy content has ever been removed for the sake of removing content. If conspiracy threads weren't descending into insults all the time we would ahve probably not removed any of them. Like I said before, it's not the content that the problem, but the way it floods the forums in a destructive way. I think you're also assuming a bit too much about me as you seem to have little idea where i personally stand on the various conspiracies. You seem to assume that because I dislike the way a certain theory is presented that I actually dislike the theory, which has given you a bit of a wrong picture.

because I see things from a different angle to you Torsten, I must be a lesser quality contributer (or even paranoid).

I've never said or thought you are paranoid. I do know that you dislike me and the way I run the forums and that you miss no opportunity to state so publically, but I don't have a problem with that. This isn't a popularity contest and I've never noticed you damaging the forums in any way. Mind you, negging/pozzing 12 posts in this thread in as many minutes is probably faster than you can read the posts, so that probably came close to abuse, but looks like a couple of other people did that too, so never mind.

In a supposedly open minded forum, when certain theories are cut down as certified loony bin bull shit, especially by our mighty leader himself, I can see why the defense mechanism springs into action

Sooo, everyone is allowed an opinion except me? I know you're just being argumentative and on the bandwagon, but like I said before, we do not censor content. There is not a single conspiracy theory that has been deleted or denied publicity on this forum. However we will stop a small noisy minority poisoning other people's threads.

Have you ever noticed that most conspiracy threads don't go very far and don't get a lot of visitors? That's why the conspiracy trolls have to inject themselves into every possible thread - preferably in the most read sections such as news& notices. And I make no apology for putting an end to that.

The most effective way to dismiss a conspiracy theory is to call the person(s) discussing it names and watch them go batshit crazy defending themselves, then it is not the theory discussed, rather the emotional and mental stability of the person(s), if you can insinuate enough then the theory is destroyed by association with the "crazy guy". Keep reminding us that Mescalito has a drug problem, I dunno what Synchromesh's problem is meant to be, I'm sure SlyBacon and if I keep this up then I too, will have mental problems ;)

Not all conspiracy nuts are mentally unstable, but then again many are. It's not the conspiracy belief that makes someone unstable, but rather it is the instability that increases the likelihood that someone believes in conspiracies. When I called mescalito mentally unstable then this was before he even posted conspiracy stuff. It was because he was so unstable he shafted me on a trust issue. You should read the thread that caused the problem and I doubt you would still claim he was mentally stable then. And synchro even advertises his instability in his sig line, so please explain to me what your issue is.

• Like 2

I would gladly see an end, or at least a severe reduction, to the conspiracy threads here. In the very least, perhaps there could be one big conspiracy thread, just like there is a single climate change thread now. Would definitely help to tidy up the forum.

• Like 3

We just cant take much more conspiracy threads anymore here

a-freaking-men!

• Like 2

i recommend any conspiracy buff reads robert anton wilson.. seriously, i'm not taking the piss.. he has some exteremely interesting perspectives on many different aspects of 'reality' i don't know what else to say except check it out if you haven't before... unless people are profoundly paranoic & delusional the his opinions shouldn't alienate anyone either... just some very sobering & enlighted perspectives on things.. i think that thread tripsis mentioned is probably a good idea btw & if it gets made i will definitely refer to RAW in it because i think his perspectives on 'conspiracies' is very relevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IEDuwdF2hM

• Like 2

So, will an aluminum foil suppository protect me from probing or not?

i just have to say how much better of a read this place is now that the conspiracy stuff has been quelled, and the assosciated nutters vactated. i agree most of the threads descended into name calling shitfights.

glad to see the place is getting back to its roots, about the plants :wub:

• Like 10

Completely and utterly agree entirely on the above comment.