The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ed Dunkel

Sceletium tortuosum cuttings to trade

I have two unrooted cuttings available and two rooted ones (they root very easily anyway) to trade.

¬ I'm looking for Calea zacatechichi (I had some cuttings but they died in the heat a month or so ago)

¬ also a B. caapi cutting would do very nicely smile.gif.

¬ Hen & chicks seeds.

¬ and maybe an Artemisia absinthum cutting/plantlet or other interesting things.

Email me

E D

hoy, i'd be interested in rooted cuttings of that. for trading i have scullcap seeds, lobelia seeds, wormwood cuttings, leonotis leonuris seeds(few), argemone seeds, t.pachanoi cuttings, various other creatures. let me know if you're keen.

oops...and i'll email u as well. 'bout time i checked the mail anyways.

please check your hush

What a responce!!! I have more offers than I can send away to. I'll try and propagate some more (should be easy) and get everyone a cutting in time.

I'll be a little busy this week so I'll have to send them off later. Some time next week.

Hope you can wait.

E D

seems like i'm too late but i've got shitload of calea foliage and cuttings if your interested. [email protected]

Hi sass,

just a question re calea harvesting.

My Calea has grown pretty big and has lots of foliage. I'd like to harvest some but don't want to cripple the plant.

So what do you do?

Just take leaves from anywhere, or the lower branches the higher ones or is there no rule?

Do dry calea leaves keep long, i.e. remain active?

well my calea has grow so big that i dont think it can support it's self for much longer. i've cut huge amounts of it before, like 1/4 of the plant and it just grows back stronger... then again i cant get rid of the syrian rue weeds in my backyard either so i'm not resposible for you crippling your plants wink.gif. as for drying... i really dont know, fresh definitely seems stronger but i think i've used dry with success before as well... my memories not that good on this one... plus the effects arent exactly profound in most cases, one night you take some and have awsome dreams, another night, nothing.

well hope that helped wink.gif

oh and adrian, i'll get around to sending your cuttings soon, i've been flat broke for like 3 weeks, only just got my car back and i should start working again in a few days.

Adrian, did you recieve my email?

E D

ps. assassin, I can get you a cutting a bit later when it grows some more.

[This message has been edited by Ed Dunkel (edited 11 April 2002).]

why do you want to wait until it grows more? wink.gif

Because it is practically bold from all the removed growth (cuttings) I have to wait for the plant to grow some more side shoots.

This means that all the people that missed out will be in poll position for the next round of cuttings, sorrry :|

E D

oh shit, i thought you were asking me for calea cuttings. that's cool smile.gif

Hi Ed

How do you get your sceletium cuttings to root? I have tried once before but they died on me. Do you have any special procedures you follow? That is do you use a makeshift humidity tent or is this unnecesary?

Thanks

Ashoka

Nothing special. I take cuttings of varying lengths (~3-8 cm) and dip them in some root hormone powder (this is probably not even neccesary) and place them in a sandy soil mixture (cactus mix works just fine) and in a week or two they are rooted and ready to transplant.

Try and keep them from wilting by not placing them in a too hot a spot. Have them under shade cloth outside or on a window sill. I find outside on a warm (25ºC) day works best, high humidity is probably not the best.

The slight stress of moving air and temperature fluctuation seems to make them stronger plants in the long run. If you baby them too much they just end up being weak and need more careing to get to strength.

Hope this helps. smile.gif

E D

Guest reville

Hi ed

I will probably have a spare caapi soon

Please hold a few sceletiums for me

cheers

rev