The Corroboree
incognito

acacia experts? keen 4 a bushwalk?

well the hills are alive here in the central west with acacias of all sizes and descriptions in flower. Im terrible with i.d'ing these guys, and not alot of info available from the NPWS on plant id here. Wondering if anyone proficient in acacia I.D would like to come for a bushwalk with me to a few select secret spots?? Id be happy to bung on a lunch and compensate for their travel etc etc

im about 3.5 hrs west of sydney, and free on weekends. the sooner the better i reckon while they are all in bloom.

if anyone is keen (that is proficient in acacia i.d) please lemme know!

toby? birdwing?

Edited by incognito

Les Robinson's Field Guide to the Native Plants of Sydney has a decent key to the Acacia species of the area. You might have a similar sort of book for where you are, or failing that, could use that very book, as there would many of the species in Sydney would be found out your way.

u have sent it to me b4 jim and i have it mate :) id just like to go for a wander with someone who knows what they r on about. theres gold out there, i feel it in me bones.

cmooooon please? tripsis?

Someone around here has to have the csiro electronic key,

don't you?

If not.. a group buy might be overdue..

well jeez stop teasing me and come with!!!!! sheeeeez! we could tak the key and go wor a bushwalk. its a beautiul spot!

My uni has a copy of it mud, but for some reason it's available by request only.

I'm up for a walk incog. Not sure how much use I would be, but could bring my old copy of Robbo's book along for its key. When are you thinking? Has to work with my uni workload and hectic spring gardening frenzy. :lol:

whenever i have weekends free. would be good to go asap while they r all in flower. acacias r more important than uni.

• Like 1

Maybe...but more important than my garden frenzy? Seems doubtful. :P

fine, ive found a treasure trove of acacias and no one wants to come with :( i know when i am not wanted hmph!

Edited by incognito

just be resourceful, go to your local library, i would do this but i'm mid term for uni, and i don't know enough about them, good luck though :)

if ur not willing to come why bother post?

Let me know when you have a weekend free and I'll let you know if I can come.

good. i actually dont wish you good luck then. :P

• Like 1

tripsis,

why not make said request..

then nobly 'back it up' for them, and the coroborree can help

hold that important torch ; )

Sorry incog. A bit too far for me.

It's just that I reckon it would be a good thing if

people could i.d acacia's more readily.

• Like 1

Why bother when watertrade and incog already have it? Surely it's easier for them to give it to me than to go through the bureaucratic route. I imagine that to be given access to it, I would need to have a valid reason (e.g. proof of research for uni) which I don't have.

omg will someone just come bushwalking with me!!! amazing spot for photography, and fans of birds would really dig. many many birds of prey, kytes (spelling) hawks and wedge-tail eagles. its really one of the only 'untouched' parts of central west nsw bushland. im in love with the place. and soooooooooooooooooo many acacias of all varietys.

omg will someone just come bushwalking with me!!! amazing spot for photography, and fans of birds would really dig. many many birds of prey, kytes (spelling) hawks and wedge-tail eagles. its really one of the only 'untouched' parts of central west nsw bushland. im in love with the place. and soooooooooooooooooo many acacias of all varietys.

i'm up for it pretty much any weekend! sounds like a good place..

youve been there before toby, even if we where in a parallel dimension ;)

where we where was just at the foot of the mountain. mate id be soooo stoked to have u here. lets go next weekend! while they r still flowering!

hopefully tripsis can make it as well. i shall bung on a big feed, vego for tripsis.

yayyyyyy for toby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will bring my csiro key, ive got another wattle key i scored from tafe, though its mainly for sydney wattles. i just know theres gold up there.

Edited by incognito

well toby and i will be heading up the mountain on sat morning. if anyone wants to join us ur more than welcome!

Are you making a day out of it or a weekend? Would like to come for the day, but couldn't spare the entire weekend.