The Corroboree
mutant

What zodiac sign are you?

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:) thank you, it means alot.

I will reply back

not in my finests hours my self anywayz

but yeah bog, you sound as if you were 10-15 years older than you are.

what happened to you sounds shitty, very shitty //// so the optimist in me says, how lucky you are to be a leo in the the middle of this!! ;)

being a leo, it is indeed a strong ego. maybe the ego is not so bad after all ;)

Edited by mutant
  • Like 1

Ego has strong survival instincts :) helpful indeed

• Like 1

I tend to take everything with a grain of salt but found it amusing that the last time I had a free online chart done, under Neptune in Scorpio it included the words:

"You are willing to experiment with substances like drugs in order to push your understanding of your inner being to the extreme."

Edited by trucha

I still think the time of conception would be more telling than the time of birth. I can't see how moving from the mothers womb to the outside would impact the child's attitude; the trauma involved can be repeated at many times throughout the child's life, so why it would be most significant at 9 months (give or take) is beyond me. What if a child is born 2 months early by Cesarian section? I watch my little girls personality develop over time, are you saying there are significant patterns followed if it develops as the planetary alignments change creating a certain type of personality? What if the child's personality is genetically set to develop quicker than others?

I can sort of understand how cosmic rays, alignments etc. could possibly impact the way we behave, however wouldn't it affect you throughout your life, not just at birth? And does what we do during life to avoid or increase these impacts also count? Like sun-gazers, or Earth dwellers?

Seriously, I'm trying to work this out scientifically, not just dissing the entire thing.

And I'm assuming that our personality is significantly affected by

a) gravitational fields (hence planetary alignments) and or

B) electromagnetic fields (which means the sun and the Earth have a significantly greater impact than the planets).

c) something we haven't discovered yet

as opposed to the actual circumstances we are surrounded by as we develop, which seem to me should have a greater impact on how we respond to circumstances than gravitational fields.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there must be more to this than we are led to believe, or the basic premise is false, and a highly complex belief system has been created around a simple fallacy.

• Like 1

Im not gonna try and answer your questions, i'll leave that to mutant, since he knows what he's talking about but personally i reckon that birth is especially significant for the fundamental sculpting of your personality because that is the first moment when you become YOURSELF as a separate identity to your mother.

Up until that point, you are really an extension of your mother, you eat what she eats, hear what she hears, feel what she feels. When you are born and the chord is cut, you become an individual.

Not to say i dont agree with you that the conception would be crucially important too, birth is more defining you as an individual entity though.

TBH i think i was conceived on shrrooms :o

Have a look into 'rebirthing' WW, very interesting stuff.

Edited by bogfrog

trucha>>

to be honest the position of neptune in a sign (scorpio in your chart) is relatively weak position as Neptune is a "far away" planet, that means this position is common is all the people born within a 2 year period. What is significantly more important as Neptunian position, is the house in which Neptune is, and whether it forms aspects. And yeah, Neptune is related with drugs. If neptune makes strong aspects, that scorpio quality of him might be enhanced indeed, and yeah again, scorpio is deep and can understand 'deep'

Remember you always have to compine each position with the main and most important positions of the chart.

I remember you're a "super Libra" huh? I recenty met a female super libra, a friends ex, and I told her what you had said "so great need for balance that it ends up imbalanced" , she laughed and thought it appropriate.

froggy, you said it very nicely.

hey whitewind you crazy dude

you can't work with this scientifically.

The most scientific way I know you can truly explore the potential of this system is

first analyse your own chart, that is the person you probably know most.

and then analyze several more, if you think they're somewhat fitting, then you might also notice their statistical accuracy related with the character traits, pros and cons and so.

You want scientific?

have you watched this?? well this is what happened to the last dude that believed in astrology and tried to make it scientific

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35733&hl=

but he's got interesting ideas. He mentions the period of time between conception and birth. (dont understand exactly what he says, but he mentions a Jung theory which supposedly matches astrology.

he also mentiond birth and cosmic rays.

So if you want a real hypothesis as to what is the nature of the effect

then

it has to be the birth time, cause its when the newborn is exposed to the cosmic rays alone, as bogfrog says, when the chord is cut, the the baby is for the first time an individual. The womb might be protecting the baby from the cosmic rays or mayeb not...

but hey, I am not sure anyone knows what the fuck these "cosmic rays" are these, or how they could be measured and linked with statistical astrology. With a huge funding and lots of gnostic fields? I am not sure the cosmic rays are truly the explanation.

I know no explanation only have observed the statistical correlation. This is the most scientific I can get it to be, for me.

but lets face it, it will not work. astrology is a miasma for science.

I think I am Metal Monkey Gemini. Chinese element/zodiac/Greek zodiac

^

Has this label and it's connotations mirrored anything you have recognised in yourself?

I am a sheep in lions clothing.. Or perhaps, and I think I prefer this alternative, a lion in sheep's clothing.

(Chinese zodiac / Greek zodiac) (Greek zodiac / Chinese zodiac)

.. Which I think is quite accurate to my nature, and style of relating to the outside world.

I’m an Aries. Ironically, I’ve always been told I fit the description of an Aries perfectly. Though, think I’ve had some of that determined fiery ambition knocked out of me in recent years.

I don’t know, thinking maybe I just need to hook up with a nice leo, might inspire me to bring some of that old energy back into my life. :)

Thanks Ceres and Mutant, good discussion, I share the same DoB and year as Ceres, time of day could be different but it was a good read for me. haven't read it all yet as I am at work but thanks muchly for all that sharin'. aah :)

I don't believe in any of the Zodiac stuff & have found when I checked my Zodiac with a mystic astrology book I could just pick almost any sign and find they matched up just as well. I think it is just the way everything is worded so that what is not written can be filled in by the individual.

Does anyone know why your Zodiac isn't set by the conception date instead of the birth date? The date of conception was most important to Vedic culture not the birth date.

Edited by Leaves

I don't believe in any of the Zodiac stuff & have found when I checked my Zodiac with a mystic astrology book I could just pick almost any sign and find they matched up just as well. I think it is just the way everything is worded so that what is not written can be filled in by the individual.

Does anyone know why your Zodiac isn't set by the conception date instead of the birth date? The date of conception was most important to Vedic culture not the birth date.

maybe, I dunno, but maybe, its cus birth date is a lot more definitive. I don't know much about Vedic culture and how they approach sex but I know my own approach would be to get it on multiple times a night, every night, so the moment of conception would be hard to pin point. also because conception can occur hours to days after the actual deed takes place and there's just no way of telling. I don't think spermo punches in on the clock as he enters the egg, correct me if I'm wrong though. check your timesheets

Obviously. But just like reading a fictional book or watching a fictional movie, I think sometimes it’s just fun to let your hair down for a while and let your imagination override logical thought for a while.

It’s probably not always such a virtue to always treat life so seriously.

• Like 1

The real astrology has been kept hidden by the illuminati for hundreds of years!

but I was told that by a rosicrucian so I dunno :P

so like... maybe some ppl spent their whole life thinken they were a Gem

and found out they were born under some Bull

ugh

Its only what you make of it..

..like all things I suppose.

I find astrology to be a useful counterpart to the many other sources of insight available to me.

I try not to judge which information is more or less "true" or "valid".. Because who am I to judge.. I'm just one little human being seeking to understand myself.

Its up to you to take what is meaningful or 'rings true' to you and disregard the rest.

Also, It helps to not read the astrology in the news papers and actually create a personalised birthchart,

All you need is your d.o.b, time of birth and location.. Even if you can't find the exact time, you can still generate a chart. It only takes a moment. Who knows what it might say..

http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal

I would far prefer to be informed by a diverse banquet of information, to pick at, sample and taste all the diverse flavours of human thought that I find on the table before me, than to limit my palate to strictly scientific, plausible, logical information.

I would far prefer to be informed by a diverse banquet of information, to pick at, sample and taste all the diverse flavours of human thought that I find on the table before me, than to limit my palate to strictly scientific, plausible, logical information.

I suppose. I will admit, reading though that natal chart does actually seem to give an enlightening (from lack of a better word) perspective of oneself, which can not be attained though fact & logic.

Peace

drunk and herbinfluenced rambling coming, take care, this is a rather messed up period of my life, but I am usually quite objective and passionate with stuff I am interested about, more so when I have done a pretty proper "study" in the subject.

me being an atheist, and a non-psychedelic theist, meaning, I do not believe psychedelics open doors to spirits, real spirits, or other external "forces", and as an atheist respecting religious spirituality I am convinced all these mumbo jumbo is coming from an internal , esoteric sense of "god" , spiritual I will say, 'cause I am godless and , let's face it, "god" is a multi-fuck-up concept, doesn't really mean anything, as they've interpreted it and had us eat it by force. Now spiritual and ceremonial is another thing...

So in terms of organised religion I believe that the better days of religion have come by, are no more, dont no longer exist, how do you say it.

Planets might have been the first 'gods' of the civilised world - maybe, because people had noticed that statistical difference, then studied, then come up with astrology. Maybe.

I think I am Metal Monkey Gemini. Chinese element/zodiac/Greek zodiac
(Chinese zodiac / Greek zodiac) (Greek zodiac / Chinese zodiac)

dont wanna be a bitch , but since we're discussing zodiac, and I have no idea of other systems, like say the mayan might be even more accurate, but where do you find info on studying the chart in mayan or chinese terms?? ?? ok fuck that, know what I mean??

but anywayz, let us know how the different systems compare, by being a bit more fluent about the whole fucking shit.

the chart is personal, and something to be looked up for a lifetime.

the object of the natal chart, the person, is not static. It follows the law of nature as well. As the body matures, the brain does too. So, other elements of the astrological chart of the 20 y.o. guys here are sure not to have fully expressed themselves, and that is even if you have catalyzed change through the use of ambiguous methods :P

So , if you like, explain you chinese and zodiac sign, and then we discuss. gimme some food for thought guys and lets make a real survey here is SAB !!

stil the same session.

hey fuckers, check the whole chart of yours, you lazy ass bastards, dont you get it ?? you have to do it right!!

sunchaser>>>

I like aries

they are so energetic and have this "lets go now" mentality, that they are prone to accidents !

despite they can tend to be opressive , and I I can easily see how that occurs - me having all the basic plantes and shit on fire elements ,lots of fire . Well I haven't seen many "fucked up" fire signs charts !!! help me!!!! Most seem good and solid 'fire' cases. excluding bogfrog, of which the chart I ahve to see again to remember, know what I fucking mean?? I remember she is a leo, but the other shit in the map show different qualities from fire signs and all....

a natal chart is something pretty compicated and you interpret it , for life

the statistical power of this system , this "astrological knoowledge" , is only revealed when you do a deep character analysis

Thanks Ceres and Mutant, good discussion, I share the same DoB and year as Ceres,

same year same.similar date??

hey these are very interesting comparisons

again I suggest you bring it up or PM me to do a survey

Leaves>>

Assuming I run* the astrological point of view of the thread, then , I am not interested in that kind of sceptical bullshit.

* = not only I am a super Sagitarrius, but also have a bit of 1 house , Aries aroma. I understand exactly what the pioneer means.

I was reading characters through logic and psycholgical and psychiatrical studies before astrology, and they seem to match!

I have to add that astrology can add much depth in an already scientific , psychological analysis of character.

The findings are really amazing for me. I cannot dismiss what I find my self.

the only sample that didnt match (I thought it didn't match a lot, even though this guy had relatively freshly broken up with his girl. , but he was a guy that I dont know at all much, go figure. He was Leo and had also element of gemini, but I couldn't interpret it into anything at the time !

this

I am exploring the phenomenon and you are just confusing stuff , with the sceptical "so what's the basis of it all?" question. We dont know about any causality. We dont know shit. Most serious modern astrologers dont claim much either. They might speculate , but they are usually theist too, so its a fucking mess anywayz!!

Even if we suspected this or that causality we would surely be unable to prove anything

so me personally I am stuck with the statistical success of the method. Do these words mean anything to ya?

PS: this method, the astrological NATAL or BIRTH CHART is pretty fucking amazing IME. I have yet to read a bout Yungs archetypes, which is of a great interest of mine

PS2: the lovely female 2.5 y.o. child of my sister is Aries with the ascedant virgo, already shows both of these expressions her character INO+IME

PEACE & LOVE THROUGH KNOWLEDGE - how difficult can it be? a lot - then lets do it!!!!~

Edited by mutant

Final post

ha! , have some aggressive hint (explained later in the astrology notes) :

hey fuckerz. take some time and ask you mother aht time you were born.

you fucking idiots.

dont you fucking understand?

the fucked up astrology that we are having today exists ONLY 100 years. That is: are you a sagitarrius? this week these are you general suggestions meaning nothing more than some good advice

Sadly this is done easier , when the sense of individuality is lost. In modern societies when the "pose" of being 'stylish' and all that shit, is largely an imposed motiv, a pattern, so children are prone to it

astrology , native chart astrology, and that is why I try to say it lots of times (but no joy!),

is something that takes quite some time to analyze. Lots of interactions and synthesis to be done in both astrological and psychological

the one I am talking about is the one practiced before the stupid columns of every "decent" newspaper in the world

dunno if its the illuminati,

but they certainly did a nice work.

I estimate some 70% for the females and 40% of the males (this is an underestimation I think), believe in astrology. shame they usually dont opnly admit it.

its sad , from my point of view, to see people that are theist and into psychedεLicka kind of subjects but dismiss zodiac signs.

but I have long realised that not every man or woman are interested in this kind of superstitious "nonsense" , as I called it before my interest, research and reform...

but this is done in the same way not every person are interested why we are like this, or like that , or what the fuck not.

People are not really interested in truth, in "know thy self" and that kind of "heavy" philosophical crap.

I am hedonistic enough myself, but have an internal seeking maching, I am vary curious muthafucka.

sagittarius sun and leo moon

sun in the 1st house, of aries

moon in 8th, the strange house of scorpio

but being a super sagittarius from the saggitatius ascedant

apart from that

lots of shit to explain

the aggressiveness I sometimes how in dialogues, some kind of verbal violence which I show IRL too, is "easily" exmplained by the certain positions in my chart involving the position of the governor of Sagi's, the Jupiter conjunct Mars in the 9th house, the house of jupiter and sagi.

that, to those that do not undesrstand even basic astrology and especially the sceptics, is:

this is a passionate and somewhat offensive talker , one that might easily raise tones especially in subjects that mean more to me in any way make me more agressive when debating, like say politics

so yeah,

sceptics, beware!

we're discussing the phenomenon and not the etiology

etiological qustions piss off!

^^^

well I attempted to do it more agressive, but couldnt. this is because I am also true apart from occasionally agressive when debating. Did it in the begining too, so its alright and characteristic.

PS3:

loggin off now

peace

hope this was entertaining as well as educational.

Well I know it was for those with large FIRE influence and actual curiocity for astrology.

Edited by mutant

"hope this was entertaining as well as educational." /|\

Indeedily!

Honest Expression... its very hard to do!

but when ya find it, theres nothing more liberating :P

cause even when ya fucked up, at least ya gnow where ya fucked up at

its better than pretending lolz but I only speak from my own experience in that regard

ultimately I do believe in astral influence... but i don't really know all the reasons why yet...

I like how you put it about the planets being the first "Gods"

I don't agree, but I think thats more realistic than the average "perspective" I guess

theres certainly something magical about the elements of nature and those giant spheres of gas and rocks

the laws of motion, and yada yada

psychadelics maybe a shortcut for somethings, but none of that matters without the right mindset

nor is it a necessary factor in understanding lifes mysteries... but sure, if ya want, ya can build an entire religion around

a funny plant that told me I could learn alot from an apple? smh

fact is, ya can't find something if you don't really want it, and you can't just want something as a fad

so the secret is more about discovering what you really want... and I don't mean just happiness, hugs and sex

duh

but sure, its way more complex , theres alot to it,

most learning is about oneself, and its hard to look at oneself when looking for something in oneself

so one must look outside of oneself, to learn about oneself

does that make sents?

laff

• Like 2

sunchaser>>>

I like aries

they are so energetic and have this "lets go now" mentality, that they are prone to accidents !

despite they can tend to be opressive , and I I can easily see how that occurs - me having all the basic plantes and shit on fire elements ,lots of fire . Well I haven't seen many "fucked up" fire signs charts !!! help me!!!! Most seem good and solid 'fire' cases. excluding bogfrog, of which the chart I ahve to see again to remember, know what I fucking mean?? I remember she is a leo, but the other shit in the map show different qualities from fire signs and all....

Zodiac in degrees 0.00 Placidus Orb:0
Sun Aries 5.55 Ascendant Cancer 0.44
Moon Virgo 13.29 II Leo 8.19
Mercury Aries 6.36 III Virgo 18.21
Venus Taurus 9.21 IV Libra 22.08
Mars Aries 22.58 V Scorpio 18.20
Jupiter Sagittarius 10.56 VI Sagittarius 10.05
Saturn Scorpio 2.58 R VII Capricorn 0.44
Uranus Sagittarius 9.03 R VIII Aquarius 8.19
Neptune Sagittarius 29.14 IX Pisces 18.21
Pluto Libra 28.46 R Midheaven Aries 22.08
Lilith Aquarius 1.05 XI Taurus 18.20
Asc node Gemini 29.06 XII Gemini 10.05

Well that’s my Natal chart if that’s what you were asking, I was born at 13.26, I’ve always known that, so that was easy.

Other than that, can’t say it makes much sense to me, haven’t really read that much into it, in regards to fire signs or whatever. All the descriptions below it did seem to describe me fairly bloody accurately though and then I started typing in random dates and times to see if it would also describe me accurately and it seemed to be way off, so I don’t know. If nothing else, I guess I can see the value of it as a tool for giving you the confidence to radiate the positive aspects of how you perceive yourself.

I’m probably just bored really, I’m searching for something, ANYTHING, which will satisfy my mind and make me content with what is.

Anyway, it is actually quite interesting when you let your ‘logical’ guard down and just go with the flow, I will give ya’s that.

Peace

Edited by SunChaser
  • Like 1

stil the same session.

hey fuckers, check the whole chart of yours, you lazy ass bastards, dont you get it ?? you have to do it right!!

a natal chart is something pretty compicated and you interpret it , for life [/]

Assuming I run* the astrological point of view of the thread, then , I am not interested in that kind of sceptical bullshit.

* = not only I am a super Sagitarrius, but also have a bit of 1 house , Aries aroma. I understand exactly what the pioneer means.

PEACE & LOVE THROUGH KNOWLEDGE - how difficult can it be? a lot - then lets do it!!!!~

Final post

ha! , have some aggressive hint (explained later in the astrology notes) :

hey fuckerz. take some time and ask you mother aht time you were born.

you fucking idiots.

dont you fucking understand?

sceptics, beware!

we're discussing the phenomenon and not the etiology

etiological qustions piss off

I love you mutant :)

(Ps. Its bogfrog here)

Reading these posts made for a fantastic, gigled-filled start to my day.

I can just imagine you furiously thrashing the keyboard in defense of astrology.

I have never been a very logical thinker.. Im more of a 'feeler'.. So its easy for me to accept astrology into my understanding, because it feels right.

But i suppose its important to remember, not everyone can suspend their scepticism so easily..

And verbal aggression often generates hostility, which tends to drive people away from open consideration. If you want people to consider astrology, maybe not so much name-calling?

I understand your passion. Very much so, i get the same when ppl try to invalidate my ideas, but a teacher is always receptive. If you want to teach us about astrology, bend, flow, let people question.

Its better to consider such questions and allow others to ponder in the way that they will before arriving at their own conclusions, than to want them not to question at all.

Debate is good. But it should be informed debate.

Perhaps if people would like to question astrology, having viewed and considered their own birthchart should be a basic pre-requisite for having such a debate.

Honestly it doesn't take more than 10 mintues to generate and read your birthchart.. And it makes a pretty geometrical pattern at the bottom which shows you where all the planets where when you arrived into this world :)

Heres mine, they are all different. I did one for a friend and his came out with a 6 pointed star!

post-8023-0-89336100-1377656783_thumb.jp

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Ceres