The Corroboree
sharxx101

Melbourne Meet Celebrate Spring!!!!!

^ Yep , no worries sharxx. More than likely, I'll be there. :)

:(

This is the second meet I won't be able to make because of changed dates. Both times have been to farewell a departed member, so the change is very much justified. A bit sad I can't be there though.

^ Bugger Rabaelthazar. You gotta get yourself a clone.

A clone would be awesome for a while and then I'd get sick of him, of course he would also get sick of me and we'd end up trapped in some paradoxical stand-off.

Clones never work out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rXHhGWdQwA&feature=related

pardon me sharxx, but who are adrian and will? were they members here? i mean no disrespect and as such may even feel uncomfortable at a meet dedicated to them without knowing them. it would feel like gatecrashing a funeral.

^ Adrian and Will were (are?) members here. I met Adrian at another tribute which was also at the Melbourne Botanical Gardens. It was my first time meeting any SAB members. Adrian went out of his way to include me when visiting a few special plants, and made me feel welcome :) . The tribute was for a SAB member that i had not met ( Chemical Shaman). I felt the same way as you Frank...' gate crashing a funeral', but if i hadn't gone, then i wouldn't have had the pleasure to meet Adrian.

We are all one at the end of the day. :)

this is all so sad............

ive been reading the comments here and at ae and have been moved by the real heartfelt words.

love

i didn't know these brothers in question personally

but, i'm still going franky baby :)

we are all 1

I'll give you a game, Drifter, next time I actually make it to a meet.

will b.therepassive get off your arse and come down got a couch with ur pinko name on it

Edited by dc

this is all so sad............

ive been reading the comments here and at ae and have been moved by the real heartfelt words.

love

i didn't know these brothers in question personally

but, i'm still going franky baby :)

we are all 1

Well said mate

will b.therepassive get off your arse and come down got a couch with ur pinko name on it

I agree PD will be good to catch up again

We can still have a meet on the arrange date if people want?

I am in, but I thought this would be a CELEBRATION of the lives of the member who have passed lately. This is no FUNERAL! OR MOURNING! As per the first post.

• Like 2

Hey Melbourne crew, don't forget daylight savings starts tomorrow ( Sunday 2nd October). Clocks forward 1 hour. Meet at 12 , daylight savings time.?!

• Like 1

lol amz

shit...............shitshitshit

so 1 hr forward, that means i get 2 hrs extra to fix my bouffant , fix up a batch of minicakes,make sa tray of antipasto , mix up my homebrew, tell the neighbours, clinch my arse, tell my neighbours, ring passive, ...

ah fuck i should be there by 3pm :P

Man, I wouldn't mind going. I mean I've been coming here for information for over 10 years and been a member for 7 years and still haven't met the majority of ya. But it just doesn't feel right to me, kind of like I'd be diluting the celebration of Adrian's and wills life, since I didn't know them. 

I might just rock down to the city for something to do and just quickly come past to say hello, if no one thinks that would be disrespectful of course?

Anyway, I hope there both in a happier place now and sorry to anyone who's lost a friend.

Peace

man i'd love to met ya jebez :)

10 years of info here :)

anyways, lots of us would like to mete u

celebrate life is my maNtra

waa1

would be good to see you jabez :D

• Like 1

ahh drats I am stuck in the country and won't be able to make this one, I'd be up for a secondary spring meet later in the month if others are keen?

enjoy the sun (?), im sure yas will make it a proper shindig in honour of Adrian, just pretend i am out there lurking amongst the bushes as per usual..

Edited by ferret
  • Like 1

Won't be able to make it, really want to just not easy with work and being so far away. Would you guys be interested in a nth vic meet up at some point, maybe go out to Fields cactus gardens for the day or something?

Thanks for the great company and scrumptious food guys ( as always).

I am now the proud owner of a potted cactus from Adrian's garden . I have written his name on a plant label and stuck it in the pot so i will always remember where it came from.

Cheers :)

Didn't really want to get out of bed when I woke up today.

But in the end it was very good that I did, you guys are all legendary.

I feel another meet in two weeks would be truly awesome. I know we usually only meet once each season but we should make an exception for Spring!

3409803732_d3cc039c2b.jpg

I was always feel sad and left out when you all have a meet.

Especially this one. While i did not know Adrian, I knew Will. It would have been nice to celebrate both their lives with you all.

RIP guys. :wub:

Anyway looking forward to seeing all your faces at EGA.

I'd like to propose a meet, or at least a small get together, the week after EGA, if your all not ega'd out.

Cheers, Obtuse.

oh man...did i space on the meet? it was today wasn't it? :unsure: craaaap.

i second the motion of a second meet!