The Corroboree
nitrogen

Trichocereus hybrid seed desired, and for trade

I'm looking for hybrid seed - Bruce, Sausage plant, Eileen (has that one flowered yet for anybody?), J1-4 (there are 4 right?), superpedro, various bridgesii, pachanoi, peruvianus, scop - anybody have some interesting hybrids? Drop me a PM and lets swap!

I have some nice crosses myself for trade:

1. seed grown Ecuadorian pachanoi x bridgesii v "Psycho0"

2. Psycho0 by seed grown Cuzco (a bitter Cuzco with spectacular beautiful spines - not sure how potent it is, but it has bitterness which is somewhat unusual for plants of its type)

3. same as 2 but the reverse - psycho0 as the dad

4. SS01 (peruvianoid) by Trichocereus peruvianus monstrosus (TPM) - haven't grown any of these out but my TPM has produced hybrid seed with SS02 that has led to a mutant rate of something like 50% - crests and monstrosus - all 4 of my seedlings have mutated.. Some of this seed (of which there was only like 300 total - from a very small, single fruit) I sent to Australia - don't know how people have done with it - haven't been by this forum in many months)

5. Currently a fruit is developing that is the seed grown Ecuadorian pach x an unnamed bridgesii I have - absolutely gorgeous and potent specimen - see pic below.. That seed will be available in a couple months

Here's the Ecuadorian pachanoi:

oct1st2010019.jpg

oct1st2010024.jpg

Here's my Cuzco:

3Peru242-july2007.jpg

Here's the Psycho0:

possum009.jpg

The unnamed supermodel bridgesii:

Jan24th024.jpg

i like that mutant in the back ground, what is it?

Edited by sharxx101

That cuzcoensis and the unnamed bridgesii are stunning.

Hey i have some scorp x pach and some sso2 x bridgessi if your interested id love to trade for those tpm if your not interested in those would you be keen to sell some. I'm really interested in the freaks

That bottom one is sexy looks a lot like my (psycho) kai

I have never really seen the fascination with cacti, but wow, these are just...amazing. I would love to have something like these around my house. The spines on the Cuzco look beautiful. All of them are just perfect.

Thanks for the compliments! I haven't sowed any of the Cuzco x Psycho0 seeds, but I hope some other have, or will - reckon that will be a spectacular cross - Psycho0 is a long spinned and robust plant, and that seed grown Cuzco is just nuts - the progeny will surely be amazing looking..

I'm gonna try and get some more seed crosses this year - if I do I'll spread the seed around for sure - I'd like some interesting crosses from Australia but I won't require them in terms of me sending out my own seeds - am happy to gift seed..

That mutant in the background is my Trichocereus peruvianus monstrosus - hope it flowers again this year.. Here's a pic of it before it pupped, from a couple years back:

TPM62007.jpg

Edited by nitrogen

That thing is is incredible! Awesome plant nitrogen. Where did you get it?

Edited by tripsis

Awesome buddy some sweet specimens there!

lol eth

nitrogen you have some amazing cacti, i'm jealous

Cuzco, supermodel,. . . damn.

And that psycho0 seems to be loving life.

Don't be jealous - all is coming :-) I'm gonna do free seed giveaway regardless here in a bit, if my cacti mate well..

I got that TPM at a local cactus nursery that has since closed down.. Odd plant for sure - doesn't barely grow, but has flowered the past couple years..

Edited by nitrogen
  • Like 1