The Corroboree
tipz

loking for natives ?

I have a FOAF who is employed as an arborist/horticulturalist for the south australian government. His job is to go around with a hand held gps locator and record and map the location of all types of fauna.

I gave him a request not long ago to find and locate acacia acumunata ! Within weeks he had multitudes of locations for where this species grows endemic within SA. And i was surprised at how prolific this plant is here ! ( i dont think he ventures too far from suburban adelaide and its surrounding national parks though)

I was just thinking if there were any particular species of interest that people would like me to ask him where to find them ? He may allready have them mapped or it may be something he could read up on and look out for if it is something he is unfamiliar with.

If i can help i will - but thought it was too good a resource to to not take advantage of !

Any requests to put on his watch list people ?

Does he have a friend working near the ACT region?

:) worth a try

Im afraid not wazzad - i think he can only be of help to those in the surrounding adelaide region ! sorry chief !

Hi Tipz, when/if you get the chance, could you possibly ask your mate if he knows where to obtain

Capparis spinosa subsp. nummularia

It's known as a Native passionfruit, despite being a caper etc..

• Like 1

Hey Tipz - any chance I could PM you? I'm elsewhere (not in SA) but would love to know his exact qualification, the name of it etc, and who he is working for, in order to perhaps contact someone of a similar description in my area. Would be greatly appreciated! ;)

nevermind

Edited by tipz