The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
7baz

thought banning synthetic drugs is bad ? usa doing the very opposite...

god.. makes one wonder whats next ?

i smell a revolution coming on in the not too near distant future..

FDA’s scheme to outlaw nearly all nutritional supplements created after 1994 would destroy millions of jobs and devastate economy

Mike Adams

Natural News

July 7, 2011

Supplements

Yesterday we reported on the FDA’s new scheme for outlawing nearly all nutritional supplements formulated after October, 1994 (http://www.naturalnews.com/032912_F…). That was just the beginning of this story, because a detailed analysis of the proposed new regulation reveals extremely disturbing revelations that would absolutely gut the nutritional products industry if these regulations are put into practice.

Below are the highlights of the most offensive and onerous portions of these proposed new FDA regulations. The source of all this information is the FDA itself, which proposes its new rules in a rather lengthy post at:http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceCom…

• Every nutritional supplement company will be forced to submit comprehensive NDI (New Dietary Ingredient) documentation for EACH ingredient used in EACH product they currently sell. This will amount tohundreds of thousandsof NDI applications flooding the FDA offices. This is a clever FDA scheme to place a huge burden of research and paperwork on every dietary supplement company in the USA. In the FDA’s own words:

“The statute places the obligation for submitting the notification on each manufacturer or distributor. Any other manufacturer or distributor who wishes to market its own dietary supplement containing the same NDI should submit a NDI notification to FDA explaining its own basis for concluding that this new product containing the NDI will “reasonably expected to be safe” under the conditions recommended or suggested in the new product’s labeling.”

• All supplement companies must REMOVE their products from “interstate commerce” for the 75 days after the FDA receives their NDI applications. No product containing an NDI application ingredient may be sold in the United States or it will be considered “adulterated” by the FDA and thereby subjected to confiscation.

• While the NDI provisions of the 1994 DSHEA act merely required dietary supplement companies tonotifythe FDA of new ingredients, the FDA is now distorting this into a de facto supplement approval process. Without the FDA’s new approval, nutritional supplements will all be labeled “adulterated” and potentially confiscated at gunpoint by the FDA (see FDA raid links below).

• The FDA does not support electronic filing for NDI applications. All applications must be done on paper and thenmailedto the FDA (yes, as in dropped in a metal mailbox with a paper envelope). The 75 days of waiting does not begin until the FDA says itreceivesyour application.

• While a few ingredients that were in widespread use before 1994 are exempted from these new requirements, the FDA refuses to publish any list of “grandfathered” ingredients. Instead, it requires each supplement company to figure it out for themselves. In addition, even pre-1994 ingredients must receivenew approvalsfrom the FDA if they are “altered” in any way, including changing the particle size, increasing the amount per serving, using a super-critical extraction process, baking the substance or even harvesting it from a plant at a different life stage of the plant. In other words, nearly all ingredients use in dietary supplements today are considered “adulterated” by the FDA.

• As a result of the point above, nearly all dietary ingredients will be required to receive new approval by the FDA due to the agency’s broad definition of “adulterated.” Note that changing the mg per serving of the nutrient makes it “adulterated,” as does altering the target market. So if you sell vitamin C to senior citizens, and it’s approved by the FDA as a dietary ingredient, you will need a NEW application and approval if you now sell that same vitamin C to children.

• The requirements for “proving” the safety and efficacy of dietary ingredients is entirely unreasonable. FDA says it requires companies to submit peer-reviewed scientific journal articles, clinical trial test results and even, in the case of botanicals, to provide the name of the scientist who originally gave the plant its Latin name. (Seriously? Is it a trick question?)

• The FDA hasno obligation to “approve” any NDIsin a timely manner. It merely says it will acknowledge receipt of the NDI application within 75 days.

• If one company receives approval for a specific dietary ingredient (resveratrol, for example), that approval does NOT apply to any other company.EVERYcompany must independently apply for approval of resveratrol, and each company must independently supply all the research and documentation required to support the safety and efficacy of that ingredientin the amounts usedin its products, andin the context of the marketingof that product.

• Companies that sell dietary supplements containing ingredients that have not been approved under these new FDA regulations will be accused of selling “adulterated” ingredients and can have their inventory seized by federal marshals or have their company founders arrested for selling “adulterated drugs” even though they might only be vitamins or herbs.

• These proposed regulations are NOT a law under the control of Congress. Neither the House nor the Senate has any control over this. The FDA can simply issue these regulations on its own, regardless of what publicly elected officials want the agency to do. The FDA is run byunelected bureaucrats who answer to no one and write their own “laws.” (See attorney Jonathan Emord’s bookThe Rise of Tyrannyto learn more.)

• The FDA can simply choose to DENY all applications and thereby outlaw virtually all nutritional supplements. There is no obligation by the FDA to honestly and accurately review any applications whatsoever. It can simply rubber stamp ‘DENIED’ on every one of them. In the FDA’s own words: “FDA’s failure to respond to a NDI notification does not constitute a finding by the agency that the NDI or the dietary supplement containing the NDI is safe or is not adulterated.”

• The real kicker in all this? Synthetic molecules that mimic dietary supplements (i.e. those used in pharmaceuticals) are EXEMPTED from all these requirements! So synthetic molecules need no approval from the FDA, while the natural ones do! This conveniently exempts the pharmaceutical vitamin companies who use synthetic vitamin chemicals rather than natural, full-spectrum nutrients.

This has been planned for a while.

Project Alimintarius

i have noticed my topic is a lil confusing in relation to the story.

in this case it food and not drugs.. but in my opinion at the end of the day it all mounts into the same direction and conclusion.

should this come here to Australia and on a global scale... i would be very very worried indeed.

i think more and more people are slowing waking up and seeing what this NWO ia all about.

this is all sincerely insane.

This has been planned for a while.

Project Alimintarius

i know...

Codex Alimentarius

and people laughed when they saw this you tube video because it didnt happen back in 2009 as perdicted.

warning.. this video can sincerely offend.

warning.. i have no doubt in my mind any average normal human being will be extremely emotional after seeing this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyLI8UVdTzQ

Edited by 7baz

holy fucking shit.

i want to eat synthetic banana

this is some serious shit.

i believe the time has come where people seriously need to consider and get into the habit of growing there own fruit and vegetables....

you know what i find kinda amazing ?

these hot topics and stories just dont end up in these type of forums..

there going everywhere , ever computer and video game forums.

Edited by 7baz

^^^ You've just missed them..... They regularly get discussed. You just need to look.....

Welcome aboard :)

Edited by Slybacon

i believe the time has come where people seriously need to consider and get into the habit of growing there own fruit and vegetables....

If it were only that simple. Unfortunately the vast majority of the unwashed masses are in no real position to consider this. Their lot is to be at the mercy of short term leases where there is no stability. This keeps the exploiters happy and the vast populace under control.

Self-sufficiency is exactly what the whole system is set up to prevent. Survival-anxiety is the biggest tool for creating a nation of slaves.

I haven't read the whole article because in the past I have found Natural News to be so full of shrieky, fear-mongering, poorly researched bullshit that I don't usually bother. But just for the sake of discussion, I pulled out this little snippet:

• The requirements for “proving” the safety and efficacy of dietary ingredients is entirely unreasonable. FDA says it requires companies to submit peer-reviewed scientific journal articles, clinical trial test results and even, in the case of botanicals, to provide the name of the scientist who originally gave the plant its Latin name. (Seriously? Is it a trick question?)

Although I think herbal substances which have been in use for centuries should be exempt from clinical trials, aside from that I don't see these requirements as being unreasonable at all and I don't have a problem with natural medicines being regulated in a similar way to pharmaceuticals. All drugs have side effects; some worse than others; and if natural medicines are to be considered as valid as pharmaceutical ones, then they should be subjected to the same requirements - ie, that they are effective at treating the diseases they are claimed to treat, and that they are relatively safe. While there could and perhaps should be different models for addressing these questions for pharmaceuticals that were synthesised yesterday and herbal substances that have been traditionally used for ever, if herbal medicines are effective, then we should not object to them being regulated. If they are not effective, then we should definitely not object to them being regulated, because regulation would remove the snake oil products from the market.

I'm not saying that I think the US gov. will do a good job of the regulation or that pharmaceutical interests will not do their best to derail the natural products market (in cases where they cannot profit from it) via this regulation - but I think we need to be wary of viewpoints that defend our 'right' to sell snake oil products just because they are herbal based.

The comment regarding 'the name of the scientist who originally gave the plant its Latin name' just shows that the journalist who wrote this article knows nothing about botany - the name of the scientist who originally gave the plant its latin name is known as the 'authority' and is necessary to distinguish between different plant species that have been accidentally given the same name by different scientists. Authorities are often listed as part of the latin name (ie Salvia divinorum Epling & Játiva) where Epling & Játiva are the authors that described the species and gave it its name. It's not an unusual requirement to include this information at all.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binomial_nomenclature#Authority for more info.

Edited by occidentalis
  • Like 1

There's way too much regulation and curtailing of individual freedom as it is. And its a ridiculous waste of human resource. If I want to buy snake-oil then it's none of anybody-elses business. Besides I may have a different opinion from the moronic bureaucrats who usually administer this stuff. Don't people ever want to run their own lives.

People who need regulation should take some laxatives. :puke:

i didn't read it, but theres no law to say one can't grow the plants and make extract you're self?

It's already implemented in the EU in some countries and had been for some time now.....food/drugs/plants/minerals...to them it's all the same.

Foods contain drugs, as drugs are products that have an effect on the Body/CNS/Brain....therefore drugs are food and foods are drugs.

Yep they gotchya comin in and goin out.

Colloidal Silver is banned in the EU as it's considered a Drug!

Here some still scoff at the idea of Colloidal Silver even doing anything...mainly those who haven't used high a purity product on a regular basis....it's just a mineral with a certain partical size and structure...Silver nonetheless :rolleyes:

Time to go back through some of those threads and click the links some thought laughed off as "conspiracy" :P

Overgrow the Government and say no to GM FFS..for our kids sake!

There's way too much regulation and curtailing of individual freedom as it is. And its a ridiculous waste of human resource. If I want to buy snake-oil then it's none of anybody-elses business. Besides I may have a different opinion from the moronic bureaucrats who usually administer this stuff. Don't people ever want to run their own lives.

People who need regulation should take some laxatives. :puke:

I tend to agree with you philosophically, but practically I see some problems. Do you think it would be OK for me to claim that my snake oil product can cure cancer, and get rich selling it to desperate people who are trying anything to survive a bit longer? The modern history of medicine is riddled with examples of things like this happening and it is only because of adequate regulation that it happens a bit less today.

I would love it if everyone was able to take their health into their own hands and make rational, evidenced-based decisions about the medicines and supplements they use, but when I see some of the nutty shit that some of my friends are into, I have to question if it's realistically going to happen. Even if it was, to make those decisions, you still need adequate information, and hence you need regulation requiring that products in the marketplace are well enough studied to have that information available.

• Like 1

I tend to agree with you philosophically, but practically I see some problems. Do you think it would be OK for me to claim that my snake oil product can cure cancer, and get rich selling it to desperate people who are trying anything to survive a bit longer? The modern history of medicine is riddled with examples of things like this happening and it is only because of adequate regulation that it happens a bit less today.

I would love it if everyone was able to take their health into their own hands and make rational, evidenced-based decisions about the medicines and supplements they use, but when I see some of the nutty shit that some of my friends are into, I have to question if it's realistically going to happen. Even if it was, to make those decisions, you still need adequate information, and hence you need regulation requiring that products in the marketplace are well enough studied to have that information available.

The only problem I see is people interfering in other peoples business.

Damn right I want my health in my own hands. I do not want bureaucrats standing between me and my health.

If after doing research into your snake oil product I beleive that it actually works, then again I do not want some bureaucrat standing between me and my health. Having control over my own health I see as a basic human right that nobody should interfer with.

i didn't read it, but theres no law to say one can't grow the plants and make extract you're self?

On a practical level most people can't even manage to grow the food they eat let alone all the plant products they may wish to use.

^^

totally agree, i live in a balconyless studio appt. myself, the only available space i have for growing plants is filed with cacti atm.

however i was just saying that even though commercial products need to jump through the new hoops, there still may be room to move,

even if you can't grow your own you might know someone who can, or get involved in a co-op/

again just hypothesising, just like drugs being illegal doesn't stop it thriving in the right circles, get my drift?

Don't get me started on GMO's. I am furious that the basic process of feeding myself is now an activity frought with hazard and a veritable minefield. This poison has been widely introduced into our food chain in the most underhanded manner with extremely little scientific research.

I have no faith in bureaucrats. Where there is money, there is corruption.

• Like 1

^^

totally agree, i live in a balconyless studio appt. myself, the only available space i have for growing plants is filed with cacti atm.

however i was just saying that even though commercial products need to jump through the new hoops, there still may be room to move,

even if you can't grow your own you might know someone who can, or get involved in a co-op/

again just hypothesising, just like drugs being illegal doesn't stop it thriving in the right circles, get my drift?

Your OK Qualia. I just don't like things being made difficult.

We are all in some serious deep poo! shitstormS on the horizon!

Watch The Flouride Deception

It's a waste-by product from Aluminuim Smelters and Agricultural Fertilizer production....unprocessed.

No it's not clean,no it's not "Flouride",yes there are worse things in some water supplies as well,yes it increases calcification in the glands,no it aint made in a chemists lab.

R/O and other fancy Aluminium filters are required to remove these toxins and boiling the jug as we all should realise will increase the concentration per ml as pure water vapes off.