The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bogfrog

Fugu - pufferfish

i was just having a wee look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugu and was wondering if anyone has tried it?

i read a small report in the encyclopedia of psychoactive plants, which stated it had strong euphoric and aphrodisiac effects and was best enjoyed with a partner, but I couldn't find any mention of these effects online.

would be great to hear if anyone has had a personal experience as it seems to be relatively un-accessible outside of Japan.

unaccessable??? U never caught a blowie? :P

it is avaliable

kenji modern japanese

5/242 Hutt Street, Adelaide

it's on my list for this year but restaurant dining isnt on the budget at the moment, i keep hinting it would be a great venue for the works xmas luncheon :lol:

unaccessable??? U never caught a blowie? :P

lol not in new zealand mate!

it is avaliable

kenji modern japanese

5/242 Hutt Street, Adelaide

it's on my list for this year but restaurant dining isnt on the budget at the moment, i keep hinting it would be a great venue for the works xmas luncheon :lol:

lol cheers,

if i ever make it to oz i have something to travel to adelaide for!

i dont know what it is but i have heard of another psychoactive fish found in the south pacific.

heres hoping i catch it by chance one day and cook up and fantastic fishy feed

Not sure i'd be game to be honest...

I found this quote from Wiki interesting:

Advances in research and aquaculture have allowed some farmers to mass-produce safe fugu. Researchers surmised that fugu's tetrodotoxin came from eating other animals that held tetrodotoxin-laden bacteria and developed immunity over time. Many farmers now produce 'poison-free' fugu by keeping the fugu away from the bacteria. Usuki, a town in Ōita Prefecture, has become known for selling non-poisonous fugu.

japanese also eat the pufferfish dried out much like a packet of potatoe chips, i have eatin it like this, it reminded me of a squashed puffer on the wharf and smelt the same, but i ate it anyway, mind you i once ate my shoelace also for some unknown lysergic reason!

lol, you ate your shoelace? was it tasty?