The Corroboree
Torsten

WA schedules several cannabinoid agonists

The WA government today amended the Poisons act to include a number of cannabinoid agonists and cannabinoids. These are listed in the Poisons schedules so far which carries penalties far lower than the drug act, but apparently listing in the drug act is to follow shortly. The prohibition comes into force at midnight tonight.

See page 2152 of the gazette for more details:

http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/gazette/gazette.nsf/gazlist/D85057984AF42B5F482578B10016DC77/$file/gg097.pdf

The WA government has acknowledged that the new laws will probably not cover all cannabinoid agonists and that they will schedule more in the future. It is probably a good idea to keep discussion of alternatives to a minimum so as not to do their work for them.

• Like 1

This crap is never going to end until we all stand up and say enough!! I firmly believe that civil disobedience is not only a right, but a duty in regard to plant and drug laws. We all know they are bullshit, so let's stop playing along! We are playing their game, hiding and ducking laws. I think we need to openly flout the laws, en masse. Make this a widespread discussion, bring it out into the open! Generally users of these drugs and plants are far more educated about them than the legislators, let's take the arguement to them, fight it out! Just my thoughts, as I do not want to live in fear. I'm not ashamed to enjoy nature, nor should any of us be. The laws won't change until we make them.

• Like 5

Generally users of these drugs and plants are far more educated about them than the legislators

It may appear that way when you move in circles that most people on these forums do, but really, I doubt most people who use these substances are that educated about them. Generally I agree with your position, but I really think that we (i.e. educated drug users) are a minority. While drug users in general are a vast majority, and it is in their interests to fight the drug laws, it's really only small communities such as this one that are actually equipped for the challenge.

• Like 1

Good point.

(Now this is only a musing)So what do we do? If we are the only ones who can, do we lead? Or follow?

I leave that to each to decide for themselves.

I'll say this, in the current australian and international political situation, with growing disenchanment, we have an oppurtunity to 'come out of the closet' so to speak. More and more people are looking into alternitives, especially more eco friendly, spiritual alternitives to the modern life. I think this is our chance to become legitimized, just have to get weed legal, if we get that right, the rest is gravy in my opinion :wink:

I think we have to get anything not intended for consumption, on the condition they don't aim to harm others, legalised. I have absolutely no issue with any product, whether that be sodium hydroxide or JWH/synthetic hazardous material/cannabis etc marketed for non-consumption, etc. It is purely the end-users choice how they use it.

weapons grade uranium?

I think the problem with these "not for human consumption" loopholes is that it takes the onus of resposibility from the manufacturer/vendor. The product can be adulterated or lack safety information, and the manufacturer/vendor can blame the users for not following the instructions, when clearly they are selling these products on the ASSUMPTION that the instructions will not be followed. What we really need is for drugs to be legalised FOR human consumption, and tightly regulate the labelling, production, and distribution. I'm not suggesting anything along the lines of the way tobacco is going, but there certainly should be mandatory safety information on any product that CAN have side-effects or be dangerous under certain situations, and there definitely needs to be more strict requirements on the quality than what we have in the current climate.

on the condition they don't aim to harm others

...if you want your own stash, go for it. Otherwise, collect americium fire detectors or radon gas off your stone walls or something else productive. Or you should be able to buy it from some Australian mine source if you pay enough.

Edited by Alchemica

on the condition they don't aim to harm others

Ah, I missed that bit. But where do you draw the line. I mean, you can't just ask people when they come in to buy dangerous goods whether they're using it to harm others or not, and trust their response. So there has to be some limit to what is legally available based on the substance itself. I think I'd pretty much draw the line at nuclear weapons, but there may be some grey areas short of that.

While I can buy household bleach or caustic soda etc., I trust that Australians have enough sense to decide what should, and should not, be directly ingested or aimed at being for ingestion, at their own choice (without otherwise harming others). I won't keep taking up this thread with my opinions, I'll step out of the discussion now.

Schedule 6 poison regulations should allow for plenty of regulation for general harmful substances

I also agree that cumulative or dangerous environmental poisons like mercury , thallium salts or arsenic etc. should be S7

Regulations under other poisons acts should be sufficient to control harmful radioactive sources and other extreme risks.

c'mon, I always wanted to construct my own reactor for home power :P

It may appear that way when you move in circles that most people on these forums do, but really, I doubt most people who use these substances are that educated about them. Generally I agree with your position, but I really think that we (i.e. educated drug users) are a minority. While drug users in general are a vast majority, and it is in their interests to fight the drug laws, it's really only small communities such as this one that are actually equipped for the challenge.

Great post

First Kronic drug charge in WA

A 30-year-old man has become the first person to be charged with possession of the synthetic cannabinoid Kronic following its listing as an illegal substance in Western Australia.

Police say the man, from Albany in the state's south, was stopped on the Mitchell Freeway in Perth on Monday night and allegedly had six grams of Kronic in his possession.

The WA government last Friday introduced new laws banning Kronic and other named synthetic drugs that mimic the effect of cannabis.

The arrested man was charged over the Kronic possession and other drug-related offences and is due to appear in the Perth Magistrates Court on July 5.

Until Friday, synthetic cannabinoids including Kronic, Voodoo and Mango Kush were able to be sold legally at adult shops and tobacconists in WA.

The substances are now on WA's Poisons Act, putting people caught with them at risk of hefty fines and possible jail terms.

The products remain legal elsewhere in Australia but the Victorian, Queensland and South Australian governments have signalled they will ban them, while a ban will take effect in Tasmania by the end of the month.

news.ninemsn

It's simply astounding that it often takes up to 15 years and $600m to produce to market a pharmaceutical product that might not even break even in returns yet some pissweak, 6 week clinical study can be evidence enough to have a compound banned, one that was actually generating tax revenue. Obviously not more than mining is making though right.

Maybe a clinical trial of paracetamol should be done to see if mice given 5 times the recommended dosage, or sustained high doses, suffer any ill side effects that warrant its banning...

It's so obvious its probably annoying to point out the two sided arguments generally presented to us: if we make money from it and the morality police don't have a problem, then you can be trusted to use appropriately. If its for your leisure, then absolutely not!

i cant find anywhere which ones they banned??? That link doesnt work T

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28301&view=findpost&p=310347

JWH 018

also CP47,497

There is one more that missed.

i believe there is jwh018 and jwh081

am 2201 not yet banned and already making ita way around Australia lol

why is it.. i got this sinking feeling that like history before us...

china will become the next drug country of the world with these synthetics ?

because of these synthetics.. the potentiality is going to be insane and enormous.

can anyone else see this ?

suddenly the mexican cartals or the Columbia coke or afghan heroin no longer becomes important.. it will be china ranking in the boom time and it explodes into a multi billion dollar business.

i may be wrong.. but shit it just seams like it.

my conclusion tells me that it will take parliament decades to ban all these cannabinoids , i sincerely mean decades.

they ban one.. they just make another.

so what happens in the future ? they would have to load on more employees at customs and quarantine staff.. i mean have you people any idea the amount of things that are in power and white ? sugar , flour , icing sugar , fertilizers.. if not hundreds but thousands of products.

also bearing in mind this is even before we get to the plant and tree kingdom , more discoveries are emerging with arkanoids.. surely how is government going to keep up ? lol

Edited by 7baz

something tells me cocaine and heroin (and associated cartels) aren't going away any time soon,,

synthetic cannabinoids, i suppose, are at best a niche market, probably not even able to combat real weed in terms of distribution and sales,

it wouldnt supprise me if they banned all herbal smoking mixes whether they contained synths or not

i believe there is jwh018 and jwh081

No, the JWH chems i listed are the ONLY ones to be banned in WA

(the only JWH chems)

Edited by eatfoo