The Corroboree
incognito

good hip hop?

also try the original east coast and west coast classics - the nonce, organised konfusion, aceyalone, casual, souls of mischief, THE PHARCYDE, main source(large professor), also alot of dumiles' earlier stuff (KMD, monster island csarz) and MF GRIMM, one of dumiles' early affiliates. then there's Leaders of the New School which is busta rhymes' high school trio.... PETE ROCK and any associated collaborative work, the beatnuts' first two albums.. new kingdom (old psychedelic hip hop), The UMC's... christian hip hoppers The Boogiemonsters, rza's and method mans earlier stuff (check out Gravediggaz for RZA), there's alot of good material released by madlib and associated affiliates (check out Quasimoto, Lootpack), also his younger brother has some good stuff too (OH NO). Also Commons' earlier stuff, REALLY boom bap, completely different nowadays. also Da Bush Babees... Das EFX, Lordz of da underground.. Da Youngtas.. NICE and SMOOTH... also the late Nujabes, japanese hip hop, absolutely beautiful to listen to, i used to break to it. lastly there's O.C., an amazing dutch hip hop group called Pete Philly and Perquisite, onyx, public enemy and WORLD REKNOWN.

and of course the zillions of excellent rappers and beatmakers around the world who are currently trying to get into the industry - sometimes we spend too much time with our heads in the crates and forget what's on the turntable right now.

hip hop is the purest form of expression :wink:B)

• Like 1

I forgot to mention Edan.

edit: Tyler the Creator and Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All are fucking ill, especially for only being a bunch of 17 - 18 year olds.

Edited by centipede

Aesop Rock , ultramagnetic mc's (kool keith), bIAS B , channel live, KRS ONE , eric b and rakim, just ice, BIZ MARKIE, SAAFIR and the hobo junction , lord finesse, Diamond D, ugly duckling, def wish cast, freestyle fellowship, Gangstarr, ACEYALONE, del ,souls of mischief , moka only, DIGABLE PLANETS, jeru tha damaja sun rises in tha east, onyx , umc's , LOTUG, BLACKMOON ,smiff 'n' wesson , bcc , styles of beyond, sage francis, atmosphere , slug, nujabes, MC SOLAAR, da arab mc's,roots manuva, action bronson, mr lif , the roots, ORGANIZED KONFUSION, O.C. word life, DIVERSE, dr octagon, brethren, K'naan , K-os , kid koala, mos def , talib kweli , DJ EVIL DEE , de la soul, a tribe called quest, ZEPH & AZEEM, deltron 3030 ,blackalicious, EPMD, dilated peoples, big pun, DREAM WARRIORS, the pharcyde, BLACK SHEEP, Big L, leaders of the new school, king britt, grandmaster flash and the furious five , company flow , funkdoobiest, artifacts, brother ali, trem, katalyst, sleek the elite, jedi mind tricks, EXTRA PROLIFIC, schooly D, loop troop promoe, danger mouse and jemini, swollen members, NON PHIXON mate I got more...

i don't know if someones mentioned yet but i've been heaps enjoying Das Rasicst... pretty creative, leftfield hip hop, me like.

edit: thats Das Racist...

Edited by paradox
  • Like 1

Jean grae

Eminem is a great rapper, shame he and many others of his ilk are so misogynistic and homophobic.

A great Aussie rapper I've been getting into lately is Drapht:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe3bkHqZeT8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfVI64HtKHw&ob=av2e

My brothers are good rappers, but they are lazy cunts.

these guys (hoods up 495/moscow death brigade) are my favourite hip hop. something about extreme left wing russian skinheads forming a rap posse to sing about the folly of consumerism really interested me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEmhamo7p9w

Edited by dionysus
  • Like 1

Big L was mentioned earlier but is a good one for early dirty US rap, another one killed with a shotgun i think. Nas first album illmatic was always a classic.

Plutonic lab codes over colours is one of my favourite oz (mainly hip hop) albums.

36 chambers wu tang and other shit but nothing compares

Early nwa

ALL NAS

Ready to die biggie

liquid swords GZA

Chronic and 2001 dr dre

Pre sellout ll cool j

Dont like much aussie hip hop but hunter is a lord r.i.p

And.... Salt n pepa haha not really but saw them live last year and they rocked

And at centipede who mentioned digi sncks rza, cant stop me now one of my favourite songs ever but straight off the block is a joke song right?

another group/producer who has great production is " stoupe the enemy of mankind " from his group called " Jedi Mind Tricks "

Jedi Mind Tricks - Razorblade Salvation(ft. Shara Worden and Liz Fullerton)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0kds4gSSXM

another one of my favourites is a producer known as " Blue Sky Black Death "

AZ - Never Change (Blue Sky Black Death remix)

hopefully you find somethin you like in this post! if so i would be more then happy to recomend some more stuff! i'm sure i'll be able to find some hip hop you like. i have an expansive knowledge of the genre :)

• Like 1

Mixed bag but with some good tracks: Roots Manuva, Lupe Fiasco, Kidz in the Hall, Chiddy Bang, Bobby Ray, Kid Cudi, Pigeon John.

Same but for Aussie: M-Phazes, Mantra, Spit Syndicate, Illy, Horrorshow.

THE ROOTS

Edited by chilli

With nearly fourty replies they must have been mentioned, but i cant be fucked reading through to check.

I have been listening to Bliss'n'esso a lot lately and rate them quite highly.

Some pretty switched on lads with some great lyrics.

Haha, run that shit! I love that track, and Edan generally.

Song is pretty cool, even though it got overplayed on the radio.. but the video clip cracks me up:

I skipped to the last page so don't know what has been mentioned so here goes:

American:

Atmosphere

Jedi Mind Tricks

KRS ONE

De La Soul

Tribe Called Quest

Afu Ra

Big Punisher

Black Star

Brother Ali

Mr Lif

Jurassic 5

Dead Presidents

Del The Funky Homosapien

Hieroglyphics

Dilated People

Immortal Technique

English:

Jehst

Braintax

Swedish:

Looptroop

Promoe

Australian:

Pegz

Mantra

Illzilla

Thundamentals

Hilltop Hoods

Drapht

Downsyde

Funkoars

The Herd

Horrorshow

That should get you started!!! If you tell me which ones of those you are liking I can give you more........

Highlights from the above list

Horrorshow - In

Pegz - One Day

i might have posted this in the track of the day thread, good shit,