The Corroboree
DuG

for real?!

bet you i know who that is, maybe. why do you say you ripped yourself off?

Edited by ThunderIdeal

oops have I inadvertently trolled? good luck to him though. I mean if he can actually sell at that price, well...

I hope they are not members here, such GREED :o

Sheesh. That tbm is the same size as a section I took off my big one the other day. If anyone wants to pay me 120 for it, I'll throw in a free pere cut. Lol.

• Like 2

Plants will be sent bare rooted but wrapped in damp paper towel

source-the perioskopsis ebay above

quick better hurry this guys throwing in a free damp paper towel, gotta be worth the money.

:huh::)

what an idiot, i doubt this guy is a member...what member here would charge that for damp paper towel.:scratchhead:

I think I know the TBM guy. it if is who I think it is then he's a good guy. must have just got his wires crossed somewhere about the value of these babies. I reckon he just multiplied what we charge for a rooted plant by the number of sections on his plant, not realising that that's not how it works. Probably the max for multipups is about $3 per pup. the ebay process will soon sort it out and show him the actual value.

• Like 1

Everyone here is right, the cactus is expensive but every day the price of every product gets dearer in every shop.

The prices that are set in shops are taken from the sky.

If you are of a different opinion then tell me, who regulates prices and on what basis are they regulated?

Also, does stem size and quality matter, for a stem of 20mm or 100mm are they both the same price?

For a low quality or high quality cactus, is the price the same also?

You write that you were ripped, but you have the freedom to choose.

On eBay you can get other penis cacti that are very small, low quality and for a special cheap price for you, however if you want one that is very high quality, very big stems, you cannot get it for the same price.

Penis Cacti links:

Cheap (Bidding starting from $14)

Medium (3 Stems, $25 - One stem is $8.33, Low quality, Small size)

Expensive (High quality, large size, only $1.67 per stem more compared to medium)

It's up to you if you want cheap rubbish quality things.

My price isn't set from the sky like every shop, the hard work and years long care involved costs money as well.

errr, TBM on ebay. man I ripped myself off :unsure:

• Like 1

Meh... Ebay is about charging whatever you feel like knowing someone will think it's worth it. Probably better value for money then that pickled onion airship (a pickled onion on a pencil) somebody was selling on Ebay.

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1

Meh... Ebay is about charging whatever you feel like knowing someone will think it's worth it. Probably better value for money then that pickled onion airship (a pickled onion on a pencil) somebody was selling on Ebay.

yeah, if someone wants to pay that much then good luck to them! i haven't sold on ebay for years, but i once sold a rooted 30cm pc cutting for $140 on ebay back in the day... & i started bidding at $15 or something... pretty funny

• Like 1

Everyone here is right, the cactus is expensive but every day the price of every product gets dearer in every shop.

The prices that are set in shops are taken from the sky.

If you are of a different opinion then tell me, who regulates prices and on what basis are they regulated?

Also, does stem size and quality matter, for a stem of 20mm or 100mm are they both the same price?

For a low quality or high quality cactus, is the price the same also?

Prices are not taken from the sky. They are taken from the marketplace. Supply and demand is what determines price. In order for any cactus to demand a high price (ie >$100) it needs to be exceedingly rare (TBM is not), or very old (one your size can be acquired in 2-3 years from a single section cutting).

Your cactus is priced at approximately double what it would sell for in a reputable nursery (and it would come with pot not a paper towel!). Good luck with your sale. You'll need to find some sucker to rip off, luckily ebay has plenty.

• Like 2

bolek you make it sound like brain surgery, growing cactus is about as easy as it gets mate, this absolutelly gives me the shits lately......the whole industry has reached the point where it has just sold out, from the top almost to the bottom. im actually glad its going underground soon.

• Like 1

Bollocks Bolek if prices were plucked from the sky my business would have been dead and buried 10 years ago. As Bit said prices are normally set by what someone is willing to pay (the market value) or the price is set by adding cost + profit margin. But if you are running a business you would know this. If you are doing this as a hobby like most of us then we sell for what we all think is a fair price.

There is no better advertising than a happy customer. :)

Cheers

Got

Edited by GoOnThen
  • Like 1

Heh. A similar conversation was had a year or two ago with someone selling high-priced columnars, which were apparently fed cœlacanth emulsion, bathed in llama milk and polished with crushed lapis-lazuli mixed in brazilnut oil. faint2.gif

Everyone I know bought their TBMs (including some with as many segments, and in as good if not better condition) for about a third this price. Given how easily they grow, I'd recommend a newb simply buy a smaller plant for around $10 and watch it grow over a few years, which is satisfaction in itself. "Quality" is almost secondary, as good plants can go down-hill after purchase if not cared for appropriately, and dodgey cuttings can perk up and sail into vigour and rapid growth within a couple of months if given the right conditions.

• Like 2

I dislike TBMs. Why did I even buy this horribly mutated freak of a plant? :( It looks so sad.

And to be on topic. That price is outrageous. Outside the borders of good taste for sure. I hope the mealies read ebay.

• Like 1

Greed indeed, check out the eBay history, this guy's made a small fortune selling HBWR seed over the last few months, you'd think he'd be happy with the tidy profit he's made from what is a weed in his area, without trying to sell a small TBM for such ridiculous price. Yes some ignorant noob might pay your price, but however you look at it you're taking advantage and ripping them off. Very poor form :(

• Like 2

Bolek, your avatar pic makes you look like a wanker :P

Edited by The Dude

Everyone can pick and sell weed seeds on eBay for how much they want even you.

I only have cactuses for men, so they don't put their dick on my plants, but my best business is:

1000064r.jpg

You can take a few flying lessons and I will give you a special discount, only for you. :lol:

Greed indeed, check out the eBay history, this guy's made a small fortune selling HBWR seed over the last few months, you'd think he'd be happy with the tidy profit he's made from what is a weed in his area, without trying to sell a small TBM for such ridiculous price. Yes some ignorant noob might pay your price, but however you look at it you're taking advantage and ripping them off. Very poor form :(

• Like 1

Dude, you need to lay off the crack, and I ain't talking about drugs lol.

since when did we start positising complete rubbish, someone do me a favour out there and get rid of my positive :scratchhead: on this thread, what a joke

teehee, that was me that positised you santiago. Mostly for the point that growing cactus is the easiest thing!

hi there fellow tasmanian any chance you have any cutting for sale would love to buy anything really am sick of same old at all the shops please thanks kate