The Corroboree
Sola

Coleus blumei

Hey guys, it's a matter of chasing the sun for me ATM, and I ain't winning! Working 12 hour days, I only get to my plants on early dawn and dusk :) it's ok we've still been having a few beers!

As for seeds... Yes to self fertile for me, unless a neighbour has one, but it would be at least 7mtrs away. Just dry the flowers and crumble to release seeds (3-5 each pod). Experiment with the flowers afterwards also!!

Flowering will inhibit vegetative growth ten folds. Lanky flower stems and dying stunted leaves are what you get. I am successfully reveging 2 mother plants but its taking a fair while. But yes it is pushing 20-30 new shoots! The clones on my porch receiving 3hours direct sun have recently started booming. SMALL waterings have been once or twice a week for this explosive growth. Whereas the mothers are in full sun with 3-4 waterings a week.

Pics to come next day off I promise (3 weeks straight and counting!!)

D00d

• Like 1

so seriously, I can't be bothered reading the entire 11 pages, but has anyone who has had any success with coleus attempted to extract the actives and figure out a protocol? Eg H2O extract, acetone extract? acid/base...

A few of us have had positive experiences with the plant, and a few have had nil effects. Best results IMO are from fresh leaves.

I think it's taking a more plant selection lead ATM, rather than any old over hybridised nursery job. The thread is well worth a read, it picks up to more relevant info from page 8 I recon.

• Like 1

I've just taken some pictures of my purple green coleus and some freshly picked flower stems (some completely brown, some still closed). I've sealed them in a ziplock bag if anyone wants to try and propagate from seed?

Flower stems - gallery_11647_554_473713.jpg

My main plant - gallery_11647_554_631688.jpg

A crappy shot of the flowers on the plant - gallery_11647_554_1022845.jpg

Cuttings from main plant - gallery_11647_554_211609.jpg

^^^ not very colourful...

yeah, they're self fertile flower spikes - are picked when they're dried, lots of seeds produced

Thelema, so far, most of those who claim it is indeed active, say its mild, not overwhelming. So far noone made an extract that makes it super potent and super noticeable. But yeah, read the thread!

ok here are pics

strain 2

post-9832-0-23125600-1354861230_thumb.jp

post-9832-0-91714500-1354861242_thumb.jp

an update of strain 1 in a bigger pot

post-9832-0-75864000-1354861256_thumb.jp

strain 1 cuttings

post-9832-0-32877900-1354861267_thumb.jp

post-9832-0-96996300-1354861277_thumb.jp

strain 2 is difficult to cultivate, very slow growing. displays the most promising traits tho.. had a mishap and snapped two branches yesterday which im currently trying to root.

strain 1 in the big pot has started kicking in again and has some sweet coloration. the cuttings have started booming in 4 hours direct sun and small infrequent waterings but dont display as attractive folliage

d00d

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

• Like 3

I've just taken some pictures of my purple green coleus and some freshly picked flower stems (some completely brown, some still closed). I've sealed them in a ziplock bag if anyone wants to try and propagate from seed?

Flower stems - gallery_11647_554_473713.jpg

My main plant - gallery_11647_554_631688.jpg

Cuttings from main plant - gallery_11647_554_211609.jpg

That's the one!! Same as mine. In oz. 40 leaves+ boil down. :)

your strain 2 seems to have the colours mixed up. nice effect!

not very similar to my strain though... I think

Yeah, it is a beast of its own!! I cannot find one like it now, after 12 months of looking!! Very very stocky, very leathery leaves that are thick as!

Number 1 is identical to the above strain, but only under stressed growing conditions or flowering. Otherwise the leaves are quite bright in both direct an indirect sun.

I will post leaves of which I harvested during flowering. They are quite dull an of red/maroon appearance Compared to the usual colour. This is because I harvested them after flowering I believe... In fact I lll post my entire propagation picture log, tommorrow

D00d

I have read/heard that the plants die after they set seed, is this true?

Not entirely, but it is a long task to reveg, I'm currently experiencing this if you wanna read my previous posts.

Ill get that cutting to you also, I haven't had a single day off where I can purchase stamps/visit a po to send anyone's packages.

D00d

• Like 1

its a good idea to cut off flower stalks for the most part of the year.

Reveg is not so problematic, if its too cold bring inside in near a window...

• Like 1

My colour is washed out not only due to the flowering (which I've let go waay to far as you can see) but also because this thing gets full sun. New growth is definitely more vibrant. It is a very basic colour pattern though... could be a good sign activity wise?

has anyone tried co administering this plant with an MAOI?

Edited by Safez

^^^^

good idea

leaves are worn out and fade/ evolve their colours lots faster in bright / directy sun

the plant should be in relatively bright but shady place. the colours dont fade as fast and the leaves last more like this...

• Like 1

Further to the seed i have already sent out, i will have alot of mutants strain seed at the end of the season. If anyone would like some please pm me.

I think it would be a good idea to spread this strain around for people to experiment with

I'm keen on growing this if anyone has spare seeds or cuttings let me know.

• Like 1

Roopey will u be attending Sunday? Ill happily bring you a cutting and seed, if not ill post it out Friday along with Klips cutting... Pm me your addy again man!

I've just finished going through old photos of my plants / tested material and can also say it was dull and colourless to an extent. Whether this is a sign of activity or just a sign of when we choose to use out plants (end of growing season), I'm not sure. I will definitely factor this into my data collection and it may even call to do two harvests, one during growing season and one during flowering...?

D00d

Stunning little collection Dood.

I recently aquired one that looks very similar to your 'strain 2' they sure are visually rewarding :P

Still any seed floating about?

hi bogfrog yes im sure i can rustle some of this seed up for you. pm me your addy and ill get it over within a week or so.

ill have a giveaway of seedlings within the next few months also.

my mutant strain seeds have also germinated, quite slow atm like most coleus seed

d00d

• Like 2

I thought it'd be worth a mention that my seeds have showed colour on the first set of leaves after the coleytons. Mutants strain however still has green leaves going into the second set of true leaves.

They also grow quite slow when young an I keep mine moist always allowing to dry out moderately once a week.