The Corroboree
Bebs

Dan Schreiber: Australia's Terence McKenna

I was about to say how dodgy that guy sounds, but I was thinking of Dan Winters, from a different interview.

I was a bit dissapointed to find out about this guys court battles and plagiarism allegations after having watched the interview and then done some research.

I couldn't find any information in reference to the court case and plagiarism you are referring to niggles...do you have any links?

Dan Schreiber recently hosted Dan Winter and provided much of a platform in australia for him or at least in NNSW. I like Dan Schreiber, but I think he got sucked into the Dan Winter thing.

For the plagiarism and court judgements see this link:

http://www.danwinter.com/GermanAdvisory-English.html

Thanks Torsten...

(delete what I just wrote cos Torsten has answered )

And theres my 100th post.

Giveaway. Free hugs at the meet this weekend!

Ill have to dig through my happy fun time special larder and see if I have any goodies to share in celebration.

I've been listening to Rak Razam's podcasts today,

Stumbled upon this gem

Rak Razam's interview with Dan Schreiber

Thought some of you might enjoy it :)

yeah I really enjoyed this interview with Dan Schreiber[ too. His theories about bufo marinus being an activator of acacia tryptamine fields is pretty out there! I resonated with the idea of the self being a reflection of the universe, I think one of the examples he gave was global chaotic weather patterns being a reflection of the current human psyche. I have had very profound experiences of the natural world responding to my internal thoughts, such as the howl's of wild dogs rising and falling with my level of fear. I picture it as the physical material world, both the geosphere and biosphere, being the substrate for the mental noosphere to grow on – the physical and mental worlds are living in symbiosis with each other.

I was about to say how dodgy that guy sounds, but I was thinking of Dan Winters, from a different interview.

I was a bit dissapointed to find out about this guys court battles and plagiarism allegations after having watched the interview and then done some research.

I was skeptical about Dan winter as soon as I heard him talk, so not surprised to see he has ripped off other peoples ideas. Its strange how people are attracted to these kind of arrogant, know-it-all, charlatan types....

I was skeptical about Dan winter as soon as I heard him talk, so not surprised to see he has ripped off other peoples ideas. Its strange how people are attracted to these kind of arrogant, know-it-all, charlatan types....

Yeah it really upsets me that the bad eggs manage to put a negative perception on the 'alternative' views, particularly cos a lot of the bad eggs like to present themselves as someone to turn to for help or someone who knows it all...

His theories about bufo marinus being an activator of acacia tryptamine fields is pretty out there!

LOL, yes, especially since he's got his chemistry wrong [or at least he did when I heard him speak on the issue a couple of years ago]

i luuuurved his take on cicadas!! was my fav talk at ega07. very cool guy.

I have had very profound experiences of the natural world responding to my internal thoughts, such as the howl's of wild dogs rising and falling with my level of fear.

Yeah I'm prone to that a lot as well. Psys can mess with your ears just as much as your eyes.

Confidence is a powerful thing. Like moths to a flame.

• Like 1

I find Schreiber's constant declaration of a perennial religion/spirituality (the idea that all paths lead to the same destination) extremely imperialistic and neo-colonial. There are many diverse religious ultimates that sit in stark contridiction to each other, for example, from theistic theophany to non-dual emptiness. Do all roads really led to the toad road???

When he proclaims that 'all paths lead to the same destination' the worlds cultural and spiritual diversity is rubbished in the name of prophetic rhetoric and the mobilisation of his own movemet. A common political move to enlist believers.

I do enjoy a good story teller who can weave the imaginal and causual worlds, but when the underlying ethics are corrupt, I do fear for the followers.

The US supreme court recently agreed that Mr Dan Winter is in fact a crpto-tyrannical alien from the planet Arcturus sent to earth to manipulate and mutilate young New-Age entheogenic minds.

I find Schreiber's constant declaration of a perennial religion/spirituality (the idea that all paths lead to the same destination) extremely imperialistic and neo-colonial. There are many diverse religious ultimates that sit in stark contridiction to each other, for example, from theistic theophany to non-dual emptiness. Do all roads really led to the toad road???

When he proclaims that 'all paths lead to the same destination' the worlds cultural and spiritual diversity is rubbished in the name of prophetic rhetoric and the mobilisation of his own movemet. A common political move to enlist believers.

I do enjoy a good story teller who can weave the imaginal and causual worlds, but when the underlying ethics are corrupt, I do fear for the followers.

You know some big words, I'm guessing I know what theistic theophany may be, and I know that non-dual emptiness is a hard concept to grasp :lol:

I'd say that the conclusion that all paths lead to Rome is one made by many of us, for in the transcendent state it seems there can be nothing beyond 'beyond-ness', the eternal void and the ephemeral forms it creates are integrally the same.

It seems that that particular state is the universal oneness that we as questioning individuals dissolve into when the questioner becomes the question, so although different formalised beliefs may paint different pictures of their path there and what "there" is exactly, once any of us get there there is no point of differentiation to discuss being there, one can only discuss the path to get there in it's myriad forms.

The worlds diversity is emanating from singularity, it is out of singularity that one creates multiplicity. Out of [n]one there are many, out of nothing there is everything. Ying/Yang, paradox, chaos theory, fractal realities, the holographic principle. It is through diversity that we catch a glimpse (or blinding light) of unity.

Do we observe the continous or the discrete. The forest or the trees. ...Or non dual reality which is unexplainable as there is no counterpart to explain it to, nor do the explaining.

The US supreme court recently agreed that Mr Dan Winter is in fact a crpto-tyrannical alien from the planet Arcturus sent to earth to manipulate and mutilate young New-Age entheogenic minds.

:lol:

Edited by The Dude

You know some big words, I'm guessing I know what theistic theophany may be, and I know that non-dual emptiness is a hard concept to grasp :lol:

I'd say that the conclusion that all paths lead to Rome is one made by many of us, for in the transcendent state it seems there can be nothing beyond 'beyond-ness', the eternal void and the ephemeral forms it creates are integrally the same.

So here we have it, a probably young, white, Aussie DMT-enlightened prophet declaring that 'the transcendent state' of all religions is more or less a disembodied Wilberian-Vedanta non-dual reduction. Hubris, inflated, bolstered, naive, imperialistic and clumsy all appear to fit the bill.

While Non-duality, 'the void', and emptiness, are popular teleologies imported from the East to the (New Age - psychedelic) West, the traditional sources of these doctrines are not in agreement over the nature and truth of 'the non-dual transcendent state'. For example, in the Hindu tradition nonduality (as Satchitananda) is not categorically the same as the Buddhist doctrine of Nirvana. In the theistic religions (eg. Judaism, Islam, Christianity) the 'One-truthism' of non-duality is further problimatised. For example, for certain Persian mystics non-duality is not the ultimate end, but one important phase on the road to certain kinds of embodied angelic theophanies.

People often cling to the non-duality telos (ultimate end-point, purpose) because it destroys person-to-person relationship including the possibility for dialogue and argument. Therefore his position is protected, or hidden, in the oblivion beyond; a psychological defense bleeding into narcissism and authoritarianism.

So when persons says that 'all religious rivers lead to the same cosmic ocean', I become very suspicious over the way they are pushing their own creed.

Edited by entheophanic

gregg... is that you? :innocent_n:

So here we have it, a probably young, white, Aussie DMT-enlightened prophet declaring that 'the transcendent state' of all religions is more or less a disembodied Wilberian-Vedanta non-dual reduction. Hubris, inflated, bolstered, naive, imperialistic and clumsy all appear to fit the bill.

While Non-duality, 'the void', and emptiness, are popular teleologies imported from the East to the (New Age - psychedelic) West, the traditional sources of these doctrines are not in agreement over the nature and truth of 'the non-dual transcendent state'. For example, in the Hindu tradition nonduality (as Satchitananda) is not categorically the same as the Buddhist doctrine of Nirvana. In the theistic religions (eg. Judaism, Islam, Christianity) the 'One-truthism' of non-duality is further problimatised. For example, for certain Persian mystics non-duality is not the ultimate end, but one important phase on the road to certain kinds of embodied angelic theophanies.

People often cling to the non-duality telos (ultimate end-point, purpose) because it destroys person-to-person relationship including the possibility for dialogue and argument. Therefore his position is protected, or hidden, in the oblivion beyond; a psychological defense bleeding into narcissism and authoritarianism.

So when persons says that 'all religious rivers lead to the same cosmic ocean', I become very suspicious over the way they are pushing their own creed.

Hi Mr E...no its not me...its a friend of mine who thinks in similar ways. But I think he makes a valid point...I would argue that in claiming one knows that all spiritual paths lead to the same end-point gathers a form of subtle authoritarian power. It was a trope used I think in the 60s when the psychedelic movement needed to align itself with the authoritative power of religions - and to upset the way religions and religious spokes people rank their endpoint over others - form of narcissism. If you join them all together e.g. 'all paths to the same Ocean' you get a kind of religious detente - a blend or hybrid. However each hybrid is born out of struggle, war, trade etc and each one needs to be explored for its shadow side. The New Age One-truthism trip sets up a new religious authority e.g. the perenial wisdom which is largely an outgrowth of Americanized New Age-ism - which has been faulted as something of a neo-colonial form of spirituality. I can refer the interested reader to a couple of papers on line at www.relationalspirit.com (or the forum on psychedelic hybrids) I find a di-polar reality fits better with my own experience e.g I am a distinct divinity within a divine unity - a sacred dualitude as oppossed to a non-duality which rubs out the person in favour of some higher self which also seems to trap our consciouness in a somewhat narcissistic structure. To claim that we as distinct beings disapear into some Ocean of non-being seems a bit tardy to me and why the universe would discard and obliterate the personal soul (when there are so many other sprites, spirits, powers, presences, angels etc) with such fervor does not really fit with what happens in my walk. To be sure - there are times when I have participated in what appears to be the uncreate god or Deus Absconditus (hidden jewel) but it is myself the Deus Revelatus (manifestation of God) that expereinces it and reports back . To claim there is no one left to tell the tale seems incoherent and perhaps the outcome of absorbing the authority of certain brands of Hinduism or Adviata vedanta. So no... enough of this New Age, non-dual so called impersonal One-truth-ism and its poor old end of the roadism.

:innocent_n:

Its strange how people are attracted to these kind of arrogant, know-it-all, charlatan types....

Tragically strange....

Idiots Guide on How to Tell an Arrogant Know-it-all Charlatan from a Lovely Person? hehe! What would the check list be?

Idiots Guide on How to Tell an Arrogant Know-it-all Charlatan from a Lovely Person? hehe! What would the check list be?

A copy of bob dylan's 'when you gonna wake up'... oh and perhaps reflecting on those wounded qualities that cause one to unconsciously project salvation onto 'Arrogant Know-it-all Charlatans' at the expense of critical reflection and reality.

yet maybe in certain circumstances such a projection doesn't come from a place of unconscious wounding but is simply a normal process of social maturation, ie. learning different ways to discern, judge, feel, reason and contemplate while relating to other people; the 'pulling-back' of projections and finding your own centre so that you may interact (or not interact) with the centre of the other

Edited by entheophanic

I have had very profound experiences of the natural world responding to my internal thoughts, such as the howl's of wild dogs rising and falling with my level of fear.

this is true for everyone, you just happened to be listening and getting it.

This Dan Schreiber guy doesn't feel like a guy to trust. I think the comparison wrongs McKenna.