The Corroboree
Yeti101

Bin Laden dead?

and the $50 Million Dollar question is who got the reward?

and the $50 Million Dollar question is who got the reward?

I did, but I donated the lot to Sea Shepherd. Bin Laden's indvertant legacy is that he will be the saviour of marine wildlife, a little known cause that was close to his heart.

osama_bin_laden_and_shark_1267805.jpg

That Bob Ellis piece on The Drum is an eye opener as far as human nature goes!

There's a lot of hate there about Ellis' point that shooting an unarmed bloke and dumping his body at sea, and then lying repeatedly about what happened, was bad for global relations. People just don't seem to grasp the fact that there are two sides to a coin, and that what might seem 'right' to conservative USAdians isn't 'right' to billions of other people in the world.

One commenter had the temerity to accuse Ellis of not understanding the effect that the WTC attack had on people:

Bob Ellis :

04 May 2011 6:45:29pm

To celebrate a war's end is human, understandable and useful. To celebrate a man's hanging, decapitation or assassination is barbaric. This is why no Australians celebrated, with champagne spurting in crowded streets, Osama's death and so many Americans did.

It now turns out he did't resist at all, his wife did.

And we celebrate this?

Do we?

Veuve Clicquot:

04 May 2011 9:41:02pm

Sorry to disappoint but I did bob. I had a dear friend in America whose brother in law perished in the Pentagon on 11-09 -2001. I called him up today and it gave a small bit of closure to both his wife and himself. You probably don't understand that sentiment and never will.

FWIW my friend makes some food products and all profits from 1 of his lines go to supporting the families of those killed at the Pentagon.

Bob Ellis :

05 May 2011 3:21:47am

My sister was killed by four hoons and I know how your friends felt. But if my sister's four killers were to be shot in the face and buried at sea I would not laugh or drink toasts or celebrate in a crowded street as these young Americans did, even now.

Maybe that's just me. I think death is serious and I'm not looking forward to it, and it shouldn't be treated in a careless, carnival way.

And I suspect you agree with me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Killing someone (whether it was done last week, or years before) and dumping his body at sea so that no-one can verify his identity or cause of death is an extremely stupid thing to do. Unless of course you're looking to keep international tensions inflamed (and thus secure more public and political support and funding, a la Long Kiss Goodnight), to raise domestic approval, and to hide the truth. I suspect that all three reasons are in fact in operation here.

Again, many here know that I am not a big fan of unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, but the events of 1 May are difficult to read any other way. After all, how many offical stories are there that have been released since the news first broke? (Is there a site that catalogues the various stories?!) How many laws were ignored to achieve this operation?

And why not keep the body? If they didn't have enough respect to not shoot an unarmed man in front of his wife, why do they suddenly have enough 'respect' to ditch him in the drink (which isn't an Islamic custom as they tried to pretend)?

They dumped the body at sea, worth 15 million [bounty hunter], if retrieved still worth such such as from a submarine [dna testing] from a US embassy.

• Like 1

Yeah the U.S. has a great reputation!

I really don't understand how they are putting up with this when he wasn't even recently killed as was initially reported by the PRESIDENT!!!

Are the American public doing what they should do and overthrowing the Government?...when they have been repeatedly lied to over and over again.

How many times can one man die?

How many times can people forget?.....it's like their memory gets wiped just as they wake up each day.

The chemtrails and HAARP technology must be very overpowering.

I'd like to know what % of the U.S. public doesn't trust Obama and why is he still in power?

:scratchhead:

Nevertheless the documented lies are presented in this clip.

This better?

:lol:

• Like 1

Yeah, I must admit, I don't like Alex CIA jones either.

In the 90's, the Osama Bin Laden in the videos was a black man with a grey beard. Does anyone know anything about that? Maybe he learnt Michael Jacksons secret and Obama wants it for himself?

Obama needed Bin Laden dead so that the American people were distracted while he did his dirty work so he can rush his new legislation through the senate enabling him to install his own unelected government officials.

Obama is in the process of undermining the constitution and setting up a dictatorship.

http://noisyroom.net/blog/2011/05/08/senate-seeks-to-create-caesar/

In the 90's, the Osama Bin Laden in the videos was a black man with a grey beard. Does anyone know anything about that? Maybe he learnt Michael Jacksons secret and Obama wants it for himself?

That's the most ridiculous statement regarding "The War On Terror" that I have ever read. Pigmentists are people too. And Michael Jackson was not the Bali bomber.

rap news: thats brilliant

neighbor vid: is there a mirror of that somewhere? someone must have a copy somewhere...

^^^^ Its been reposted.... Quite often you can get around country restrictions with Tor.

Or any proxy site set up in an allowed country for the material.

LOTS of negative remarks about the death of a cowardly killer. We were trying to stop a Muslim Extremist (not to be confused with Muslim) for years, and for a long time we could not do it. We were celebrating a mission accomplished. Uncle Sam grabbed America's hand and whispered something in her ear for the first time in a long while. That is why we cheered - not because "a human ceased to be alive".

Uncle Sam grabbed America's hand and whispered something in her ear for the first time in a long while

Its a pity it was all chinese whispers and bullshit but i guess saying there was no WMDs, al qaeda is really a made up list and the twin towers (plus #7) werent brought down by crazed terrorists is like saying the sun doesnt shine to an american.

Rivada, you should remember that Osama did not strike first. Sure he killed thousands of American innocents (if you believe the government), but how many hundreds of thousands of Iraqi and Afghani innocents are dead now? You think America is in the right? For what reason? Just because it's America?

And even then, you only have the word of the American government that it was even him. Not even a photograph? Well that isn't sketchy at all!

He was a leader of killers, (death of a cowardly killer) but why isn't Obama on trial for the same reason as a leader of killers? Oh, and also, no trial? EVERYONE has a right to trial, it's meant to be inalienable.