The Corroboree
planthelper

catha edulis seeds 4 sale

ph,

hope you don't think i was complaining on the viability of the seeds, stoked with the phf2.:worship: probably something i did my end that they haven't come up, or maybe they are taking time to sprout as it has only really started getting warm in the last 2 weeks. i dunno, never tried to raised edulis from seed before so it's all trial and error. i'm just happy to add to my collection, cheers mate.

Pablo knows he was probably to blame for the majority of his losses, but genetics probably did play a part in it also, simply due to the PHx seeds having a higher rate of heterozygosity than the NL-selfs. Its bad enough to breed with a sibling or even cousin, imagine how bad it would be if ya bred with yourself!

Anyways, it could just be human error on the user-end, I'm not really sure if bisexual plants have any genetic coping-mechanisms for selfing (they could have something similar to moles perhaps?). What are your germination rate experiences with raising the two (PHx vs NL) PH?

maybe you have to post a few times before you can use the pm.

i got plenty of seeds left!

btw, the other day, i noticed that some of those seedlings display extreemly big serration of the leaves!

Hey ph just a general question, I had two of the seeds germinate in the same pot - one died (I over watered, but it was very young)and the other is alive, and growing its second set of 'leaves' which are displaying serration. However, it has been about two-three weeks to get to this point. Does it usually grow so slowly? I was always under the impression it grew rather rapidly.

Peace and thankyou!

Edited by Khala

Hey ph just a general question, I had two of the seeds germinate in the same pot - one died (I over watered, but it was very young)and the other is alive, and growing its second set of 'leaves' which are displaying serration. However, it has been about two-three weeks to get to this point. Does it usually grow so slowly? I was always under the impression it grew rather rapidly.

Peace and thankyou!

yes, catha seedlings are very slow at the beginning, but once they are around 15cm tall, you can fert them more, and they will impress you with there growth rate! :)

most of the ph f2, seedlings seem to grow even faster than anything else i'v seen before.

i think some of the seedlings are weak growers though, but not many. a f2 means it's highly unstable, that's the downside, but the upside are new varieties!

update!

most people here, trade seeds which viabilety does not get tested, in regular intervalls, but i do this with those catha seeds, to make sure, i don't trade dud seeds.

so right now, i'm testing the viabilety again for those seeds, to make sure, they still germinate well.

i suspend my catha seed trade, till my seedlings come up, or somebody else, germed some of those seeds, within the last few weeks, as such, establishing viabilety.

have a good one! :)

• Like 1

For the purpose of information. Mine did not germ, im no khat genious though.

I have had a couple germinate within the last month planthelper. I also got a nice surprise this morning with a new seedling

th_ff4734dc.jpg

Edited by DeadStar

Got >50% on the ph f2 seeds in the past 3 weeks. nl and vw going down in the next few days so I should have a report soonish.

Pablo knows he was probably to blame for the majority of his losses, but genetics probably did play a part in it also, simply due to the PHx seeds having a higher rate of heterozygosity than the NL-selfs. Its bad enough to breed with a sibling or even cousin, imagine how bad it would be if ya bred with yourself!Anyways, it could just be human error on the user-end, I'm not really sure if bisexual plants have any genetic coping-mechanisms for selfing (they could have something similar to moles perhaps?). What are your germination rate experiences with raising the two (PHx vs NL) PH?

Isn't it called a-sexual in plants ? This means bearing boy and girl bits but not able to pollenate oneself i believe.

Also PH i know i pmed you a while back but am keen to buy 20-50 seeds depending on price. Ill pm you when i get home this post is kinda like a reminder to myself :D

ph f2, catha edulis seeds, viability update!

7 nov planted 26 seeds.

11 day's later, the 1st seedling emerged.

a few day's later, 14 seedlings had emerged,

on the 24 nov; 22 seedlings were up!

this seed is still highly viable!! :)

Edited by planthelper

planted these seeds a few months after getting them from PHWasn't sure if I had procrastinated away their viability. I tried to germinate these seeds with no luck at first. Felt guilty I had pissed away an opportunity to grow these hybrids.After some time I had pretty much given up on them.Then I put the heat mat under the seedling tray for shits and giggles and they germinated immediatley. Subsequently more than a few of the seedlings dieded under questionable circumstances- I attribute these fatalities to an isolated incident of negligent arboricide perpetrated by myself. ( I am complete shithouse when it comes to green thumbery) (exposed to elements too soon,dried out,blunt trauma.... the list goes on) The seeds worked fine.I on the otherhand.........

(.Early batch ordered around when they were first offered by PH(threw away dated seedbag)

phhybrid002.jpg

planthelperhybridseedli.jpg

I had one germinate, and it got it's cotyledons and then was emerging a second set of leaves but they got eaten by something! And then it tried again and got eaten AGAIN! And it hasn't grown at all since, I am (wishfully) thinking it is building super roots.

catha edulis seed storage experiment:

batch 1, seeds stored in the fridge, of 26 seeds, 20 germed well, after ~7 month storage time.

batch 2, seeds stored indoors at floor level, no aircon, no heating, and it get's hot here,

of 26 seeds 5 emerged healthy.

shows you how important cold storage is!

ph x op : about 50% germination rate

nl : 0% germination rate

Unfortunately the nl seeds didn´t germinate :(

Hi Ph

Just wanted to let you know have had 7 phf2 pop up so far,, but lost 3 along with 2 SAB NL puppies, due to heatstroke. Thanks for the great seeds!

Edited by simon79

hi!

again i say, that some online sources claim, it's totaly impossible to grow qat from seed, which we know is not true at all.

but obviously, it can get tricky to grow them this way.

i don't know why the NL did not germ for you, all i know is that they were stored the same way as the ph f2, and that many people (including myselfe) have risen NL from my seed.

i got a new batch of NL seeds, so pm me, if you are interressted.

btw, ph f2 seeds, will not be available again, for quite a while or maybe for ever, because the plants which produced those seeds, all died with the rains pf last year (yasi).

i will reply to all of your pm's tomorrow, i was just super busy, and had little pc time, thank you for your patience.

Are these still/or more(?) up for sale??

Are these still/or more(?) up for sale??

yes!

NL seeds, a fresh batch has arrived, which ought to give you maximum viabilety.

PH f2, is only available in the old batch, and it's viabilety was last tested by me, on the 24 of nov 20011.

there will be no, new batch of the ph f2, because all the motherplants died, but i'm hopefull it might happen again in a few years time, with the replanted specimens.

• Like 1

attention please!

i'm recalling my NL seed offer, because on very close inspection, i ended up with only very few, top notch quality seeds.

this current batch, was simply not as prolific as i hoped.

i'm sure though to have more NL seeds in the future, and can assure you that many people all over the world and mostly in oz, managed to grow healthy plants from my NL seeds.

:(