Mountain flowers

Guest Botanist

Anyone herd about the "Iraki mountain poppy"

?

with regards:Botanist

------------------

Locos Cactis

Welcome Botanist,

Good to see an Finnish here, I am half Finnish/Aussie, my old man also came from Oulu, he was born there, (I don't speak or write Finnish..sorry mate!)... I think you have put this posting in the wrong forum, if you want to inquire about the poppies, you should try the "Seed & Plant Exchange" or the "Ethnobotany discussion" forums, the posting you just post is in the wrong place this is for Cacti area.....Cheers, hope I have helped you a bit.... smile.gif

i'd like the botanical name and some details of its usage. could be worth looking into.

Guest Botanist

Sorry, it does seems that I put it in the wrong category..I just needed to get lisence for forums..

I don't know the botanical name of that plant, but if you have the possibility to look the film "Steal the Sky", you'll find a glimse of it

from there, in a seen taken at mountainside.

I myself found a topic about that poppy at "Tieteen Kuvalehti". I don't know the english name about that magazine, but you can visit the website at www.tieteenkuvalehti.com. Year of publish: 1986. Number: can't recall.

Good to know there is at least half finns here smile.gif

Thanks !

------------------

Locos Cactis