The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
dr dognutz

Reflections

I'm turning 30 next year and lately i have been reflecting on my life so far and interpreting past events as major turning points in my life. Like everyone i have regrets, but my path to date has shaped the person i am today. I have an incredible feeling that there is something missing from my life that i am overlooking... I feel like there is more of a spiritual side inside me that is just out of reach and is kept locked away.

My question is what drives you?

And for the guys that are over 30, wat sort of things do you wish you had of done when you were my age?

:scratchhead:

Travelled more.

Cheers, Obtuse.

Used my brain more instead of my loins :P

I think by age 30 alot of ppl come to the place where you are now..

I've given up alot of worrying about what society/family/outsiders think I should be doing, and started to focus more on what I want to do with my precious time on this earth

Listen to your instincts more, and let the answers come to you instead of trying to think too much about what it is you're looking for or missing..

I'm turning 35 this yr so perhaps i'm just a slow learner :P

Abandoned

Edited by dworx

around 35, that idea of making the most of, and enjoying life really does sink in (more like slaps you!), and has significant impact.

time becomes precious, and you realise how it really does start to speed up. especially if you have a young family.

but as pointed out, make the most of now. work towards doing the things you want to do and dont put them off.

Cheers, Obtuse.

Cheers guys, Its already starting to make sense... i have a really bad habit of over analyzing things to a point were i find it hard to make confident decisions.

At the end of the day i just want to be happy and live a worthwhile life. I thought it would be interesting to hear from other members and thier opinions

Its always good to reflect and learn from your past, just living consciously is the first step to happiness imo :)

Abandoned

Edited by dworx

other paths you may have walked in your youth may have led to a different and possibly worse outcome, your here now because you have chosen the right path already.

Santiago: thats exactly how i feel about myself at the moment.. i know i have arrived in the right place through the decisions i have made and now im just wondering how i should approach my life from here on in. Its like i have just woken up from a deep sleep and im only now becoming aware of myself if that makes sense :unsure: