The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mutant

Helminthic therapy for autoimmune diseases

I thought this was pretty interesting

Helminthic therapy, a type of immunotherapy, is the treatment of autoimmune diseases and immune disorders by means of deliberate infestation with a helminth or with the ova of a helminth. Helminths are parasitic worms such as hookworms and whipworms. Helminthic therapy is currently being studied as a treatment for several (non-viral) auto-immune diseases including celiac disease, Crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis, asthma, and ulcerative colitis. Autoimmune liver disease has also been demonstrated to be modulated by active helminth infections.

I wish there was an easy source of hookworms. I am keen to try.

`

Edited by Magicdirt

I'd prefer to get the ones that have been cleaned and tested for blood borne diseases ;)

i got hook worms Captain T (approx 135 adults)

shall i send you some poo....... =)

lol

the have helped some with my crohn's, i have about 20% more energy, BUT i do have periods where if my iron intake is low i feel insanly flat, and i need vitamin b12 injections every 7-10 days....

stool movemnt is consistantly firm....

when the vendors send them to you now, on the article description they just put "allergy test" because they have had probelms with aussies geting thier worm ova...........