The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hutch

A tax that will cut our emissions...

Hutch.

At the risk of starting another bun-fight, I refer again to your comment three days ago at #44, where you link to Bolt citing Richard A. Muller as proof against anthropogenic global warming:

Could you look at this please Woody...Its by Richard A. Muller, professor of physics at Berkeley and i think it is damning...Or is this professor the fraud? If so why this time?

It emerged today that Muller acknowledges that:

None of the effects raised by the [skeptics] is going to have anything more than a marginal effect on the amount of global warming.

This confession comes after a preliminary analysis of the global temperature data that he thought he could do better than the professional groups tasked with the responsibility. That he turns around so soon into the project speaks volumes to the dodginess of the project - and this is from one of the poster boys of denialism.

Another of the poster boys, Steven Mosher, is similarly forced to acknowledge the truth, even if he won't explicitly admit that humans are the cause:

I believe BEST will confirm... the answers given by CRU and GISS are largely correct.

And in the process, Mosher and Watts are shown to behave less than ethically by the usual standards of professional academic behaviour. The link above details it all.

Bottom line: mainstream climatology/physics had it right all along, and the IPCC had it right all along... the planet is warming, just as the science says.

Of course, Watts will do his damnest to spin the matter as hard as he can, but I guarantee that by the end of the BEST project the results will be the same. And probably that Watts will still not have conceded that his original surface stations enterprise was an ideological exercise in futility...

Please note: I am explicitly avoiding any comment here about your take on the subject. I simply want to point out that one of the golden-haired boys of climate change denialism has so painted himself into a corner that all he can do when confronted with the obvious truth (of his own making) is to admit that the mainstrean had it right all along, even as he blows his mates to pieces in the process.

Hutch.

At the risk of starting another bun-fight, I refer again to your comment three days ago at #44, where you link to Bolt citing Richard A. Muller as proof against anthropogenic global warming:

It emerged today that Muller acknowledges that:

This confession comes after a preliminary analysis of the global temperature data that he thought he could do better than the professional groups tasked with the responsibility. That he turns around so soon into the project speaks volumes to the dodginess of the project - and this is from one of the poster boys of denialism.

Another of the poster boys, Steven Mosher, is similarly forced to acknowledge the truth, even if he won't explicitly admit that humans are the cause:

And in the process, Mosher and Watts are shown to behave less than ethically by the usual standards of professional academic behaviour. The link above details it all.

Bottom line: mainstream climatology/physics had it right all along, and the IPCC had it right all along... the planet is warming, just as the science says.

Of course, Watts will do his damnest to spin the matter as hard as he can, but I guarantee that by the end of the BEST project the results will be the same. And probably that Watts will still not have conceded that his original surface stations enterprise was an ideological exercise in futility...

Please note: I am explicitly avoiding any comment here about your take on the subject. I simply want to point out that one of the golden-haired boys of climate change denialism has so painted himself into a corner that all he can do when confronted with the obvious truth (of his own making) is to admit that the mainstrean had it right all along, even as he blows his mates to pieces in the process.

No Woody...no bun fight....I'm done arguing with you. Could no longer give a rats fuck....My time on this planet could and will be way better spent....My issue with you has spilt over every where here and enough is enough....This is booga booga science and I no longer care to hear what you have to say....you do the panicking, you do the worrying and hopefully you will pay and pay and pay and pay...Me, I am gunna take and take and take... I'm already on the pension and fucked so with a bit of luck and as I suspect the only way this blatant liar of a PM will get this massive tax past the poor tax payers of this country will be to over compensate and I just may be better off....selfish but I don't care any more...I am going back to what got me interested in being part of this forum in the first place...Before I crossed your path....Feel happy in the knowledge that you are successful in the art of humiliating people...another thing your an expert at...Maybe its wrong to take a parting swipe but you really have stuffed this place up for me for a while now...I will whoop and holler on the day your proved wrong...I can't wait....Till then, please don't respond to any thing I post...It wont be directed at you.....pretend I don't exist.....You don't...

Hutch.

Calm down. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. Really, I'm not, and I'm as keen to ignore your presence here as you are to ignore mine. In fact, that's already been resolved, so you won't have to stress much longer...

All I'm trying to do is to get you to stop and look at your own sources for a moment, the very ones that you provide to prove your point, and to think about what's happening in that area. If you do that you would see that there is a huge dissonance in the very group of people upon whom you have relied for evidence.

You put Muller forward as an example, and specifically asked for my feedback. As of yesterday, there was some very damning and very clear feedback to be given, and even if it hurts people's feelings I think that the truth of the science is more important than walking on eggshells. I have been polite to you in this enterprise, and I intend to remain so whilst I engage you.

You might imagine that this is about me trying to "humiliate" you. It's not, and if anything I would have thought that it would be more humiliating in the long run to persist in subscribing to a meme that is demonstrably falling apart, and that is doing so as a direct result of the action of some of the very people who have promoted it in the first place.

You asked for my opinion. In response, I am trying to offer you some information that would allow you to learn something that you currently do not know. If you don't want to accept that information, that's fine, but please don't go around in the future saying that the material that you rely upon isn't challenged, when it very obviously has been, and successfully so at that.

And finally, if you truly do not want me to ever engage you again, there is a very simple way to do that. Make sure that your claims about matters of science are not derived from obviously incorrect sources. Then I'll have no reason to notice you whatsoever.

Have a good Corroboree.

[Edit:

A deconstruction of both 'Climategate', and of Muller's entrance into climatology (and subsequent fall from denialist grace).]

I'm calm...thats enough...were done...good bye

The Gillard Government has confirmed there will be a "steady increase" in its carbon tax every year.

But it is giving no details on whether the compensation package it says will make some people "better off" will rise in step with the tax increases.

The Greens and Labor yesterday clashed after a leaked Deloittes report for the Government said a $40 tax would be required to force the switch from coal to gas-fired electricity.

Treasury figures suggest a $40 tax could add up to $1149 a year to overall household living costs, including electricity, gas, food and petrol, before compensation.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/carbon-tax-to-increase-every-year-gillard-government-confirms/story-e6frf7jo-1226057839496