The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

First subs of the 2011 season!

Images tomorrow - subs have arrived early. One guy is old and I think he might have pinned in late Feb which is unheard of...

Was gonna head out last sunday for a look but hangovers and such ruined that. They were fruiting early to mid march last year and after the summer we have had ive no doubt there would be a few in the right spots. Good stuff BM.

lovely news.. might have to come out for a bushwalk in a week or so bro! i have a feeling this season is going to be a fucking ripper.

WOW! soooo early, im gonna head out after i have a snooze! it's raining as we speak so should be good times.

Does anyone else find that the woodchips fruit first?

Does anyone else find that the woodchips fruit first?

I haven't visited my suburban patch yet this year (woodchips), but I'd be really surprised if it was happening yet. Even with all the rain, it hasn't been anywhere near cold enough yet in Melbourne.

At least another month away for us I'd say, but it's just about time to start going and saying hello, let the mushrooms know that I've missed their beautiful caramel hats. Let them know that I respect and admire their wisdom and that I'm looking forward to speaking with them face to face. :wub:

Edited by Rabaelthazar

yeah im not surprised.

its been so wet and cold this year, that i though it was pretty well a given.

well done.

I went out last weekend hoping to find something to photograph, but no luck where i am.

strangely still too dry, so not enough ground humidity.

perhaps ill have better luck this weekend, now weve had a little more rain.

Cheers, Ob.

nice one Zen bro :) it has felt subby lately with a couple of cold snaps coming through. I figured with some altitude there might be some premmies about.

Will have to try and find the time for a milk cap walk soon, yum and yum.

That's crazy. Subs already? Up here in Sydney I found a bunch of Slippery jacks in pine plantations this last December. I rarely see those before mid-May and I've been hunting them for 30 years!

That's crazy. Subs already? Up here in Sydney I found a bunch of Slippery jacks in pine plantations this last December. I rarely see those before mid-May and I've been hunting them for 30 years!

Supa flying saucerz 2011... A random find between my place and the train station...

post-3828-0-84835000-1299746906_thumb.jp

post-3828-0-15871600-1299746976_thumb.jp

post-3828-0-14424200-1299747032_thumb.jp

post-3828-0-84835000-1299746906_thumb.jpg

post-3828-0-15871600-1299746976_thumb.jpg

post-3828-0-14424200-1299747032_thumb.jpg

post-3828-0-84835000-1299746906_thumb.jpg

post-3828-0-15871600-1299746976_thumb.jpg

post-3828-0-14424200-1299747032_thumb.jpg

Awesome. Well done Zen. That find must've got the heart racing with excitement!

Usually when the season kicks in here they are literally everywhere. You almost get sick of seeing them or seeing people picking them like two minor celebs from when Home and Away started. But I wasnt expecting to see them this early. Ill have to start looking for some edibles as there are mushrooms everywhere.

Supa flying saucerz 2011... A random find between my place and the train station...

It must have been a good train trip.

Seriously....Im moving to freakin Victoria on day!!

awesome.... at last I find myself in victoria for the sub season, can't wait for my first encounter with this mushroom!

wow, so only another 3 months to wait for W.A. :P

• Like 1

wow, so only another 3 months to wait for W.A. :P

Same for SA :(

I can't wait to get my camera and I down to where the action is... this thread makes me so jealous.

Amazing! I had my 1st dream of the year in the past week too!

"Same for SA"

I dunno man, I think things maybe a little earlier this year. There's been some low night temps in a few hills locations already & I've had shaggy manes popping up in my compost bin!

:drool2:

awesome.... at last I find myself in victoria for the sub season, can't wait for my first encounter with this mushroom!

Make sure you have an experienced person with you, Gallerinas kill slow and nasty, not a way you would want to move on

About a week ago i was passing through a town with fairly high altitude, couldnt help but check a spot that is quite reliable, but damn no luck. Was no mushrooms of any sort there. Been a fair bit of rain this past week though, and the temps def cooling down up there so im not too surprised.

Good find mate!!

mmmm, went out for a hunt saturday with a mate. The hills are alive ;).

Had the best feed of pasta with chicken and saffies , was hard to find small ones for a feed though, must have flushed some time ago as was mostly big bastids and huge patches.It was raining again whilst we were up there so an early start this year but generally that also means an early finish........ Follow them downhill

First dream last night, strangely of cubes and fences... but still - the dream came.

What is up with the dreams my beloved Sabbers? I love being on the email list and all but seriously... how many of us get the dreams?

They're odd hey, I don't dream about other shrooms.

No joke for me the 1st is always in March/April and I might have a couple more in season & then that's it until next year.

This last was a beauty - I was flying over the roadsides with my eyes peeled.