The Corroboree
random

"My mum talks to aliens"

Did anyone else see this SBS doco "My mum talks to aliens"?

Anyone have any thoughts on it?

What about the construction worker with the dna-tested and identified alien pubes stuck in his prick? :o

freaky.

will have a look tonight, here is the link if anyone is interested

http://www.sbs.com.au/documentary/program/mymumtalkstoaliens

Mary Rodwell is Australia’s leading authority on extraterrestrial phenomena, her son Chris Rodwell is a vet, a man of science and self-confessed alien skeptic – their relationship has reached a critical point and something has to give.

Mary’s beliefs led to the breakdown of her marriage and left a teenage Chris with some emotional scars, so the topic comes with baggage. Packing nothing but an open mind, Chris has agreed to enter Mary’s world via a road trip traversing Australia in order for her to attempt to convince him that the truth really is "out there" and that aliens exist, or she must never discuss the subject with him again.

Mary plans to leave no stone unturned in her efforts to convince Chris. They will meet a host of colorful characters from alien contactees to skeptical scientists. They will take part in a heated debate with university professors, put key witnesses under pressure with polygraph tests and scour the country for concrete evidence of extraterrestrial life.

Along the way they will argue until they are blue in the face about who is right, and for Mary, this really is her last chance to prove to Chris that she hasn’t gone loopy and that there really are other beings in the sky above. This is the search for the truth to save a relationship.

Edited by mac

thanks mac, only have mobile net access so was unable to cut/paste link and info, cheers.

Great stuff. I am a believer.

I have just started watching it now but the first guy's description really similar to a guy I worked with about 6 months ago. He also saw it with his father, although he was late teens.

I feel it just reinforces my ideas and beliefs

Yeah interesting show. It shows how learned closed-minded people can intellectually bully people with preconceived beliefs. If you got more articulate and aggressive personalities talking on the issue - based on the evidence - you could demonstrate there is definately something to it all.

As for the Mr Khouri - perhaps he was having a liaison with chinese clones from the future coming back to get DNA LOL... (Mr Khouri is the guy with the story about the DNA and the boob biting. One of two very impressive alien contact stories from Australia, the other being Kelly Cahill).

Those students and others in that debate were a bunch of stuck up snobby know-it-alls. At this stage we cant prove aliens don't exist, but we can't prove they dont. Save your elitist snickering for another day. Fucking hate people like that.

Anyway, good documentary, some really interesting stories and people. Peters account was something else. I think it'd be easy to get delusional though. For a person lonely enough or something to create memories that aren't there from serious obsession. A lot of bullshit no doubt, but some incredible and worthy stories.

Thanks for the link mac.

cheers

Those students and others in that debate were a bunch of stuck up snobby know-it-alls. At this stage we cant prove aliens don't exist, but we can't prove they dont. Save your elitist snickering for another day. Fucking hate people like that.

Yeh it was obvious they hang on every word of the lecturer that wasnt seeming to take anything serious. I guess he would have made light of the whole thing to his students well before the "debate" and those that took it seriously would have then been ridiculed by the other students for doing so. The problem with ETs and UFOs is that there have been and still are so many fakes it is very easy to dismiss.

Yeh it was obvious they hang on every word of the lecturer that wasnt seeming to take anything serious. I guess he would have made light of the whole thing to his students well before the "debate" and those that took it seriously would have then been ridiculed by the other students for doing so. The problem with ETs and UFOs is that there have been and still are so many fakes it is very easy to dismiss.

Yeah absolutely. So hypocritical that they redicule ufo believers as unstable or stupid yet they blindly lap up every word of their teachers without batting an eye lid. Think for yourself. Doco's like that are good for taking down walls and get people talking without having friends or workers cock their head at them. I remember another awesome doco on ABC about a year or so ago. Some of the footage and accounts on that were insane and seemed fairly credible. Including a couple in their 50's who had footage of a light descending then all of a sudden them being in the kitchen making dinner. Any footage of inbetween those two moments was gone and they reported not having any memory except for an overwhelming feeling of calm and safety.

I'm a believer.

The first witness who failed the lie detector test reminded me of an extremist Christian, which says to me psychotic.

The very topic of the debate "should the government tell the public aliens are visiting earth" was designed to be impossible for the alien abduction therapist to win. Which shows how smug the professor was from how proud he was of himself for winning, like he was the next great mind or something!

The bloke who passed the polygraph had a pretty good story and his evidence really made you think. Thing is, I know they said the hairs DNA was of some sort of rare Mongolian line, but didn't they also say aboriginals share that same genetic line?

Becuase who's to say he didn't just get to drunk one night, pass out at the train station and got raped by an aboriginal with bleached hair. Then woke up the next morning so ashamed he's mind turned it into an attempted rape by a beautiful alien. Which would explain why he passed the polygraph, because he has forced his mind to believe it. 

Just one of many possible scenarios.

I try to keep my mind open to it all, but you just can't trust peoples accounts, our minds are too easierly manipulated and confused and also, people lie, sometimes very elaborately for no good reason.

Personally I'm convinced there's intelligent life other than our own inhabiting the universe (or even galaxy), I'm just not so convinced we are being visited without that physical evidence.

It was a good documentary.

Peace

Maybe we're being visited from another dimension, which cleverly explains the lack of physical evidence.

Hmm...

I found it really interesting, and to me, the dna evidence strongly suggested something weird had happened.

Are aliens real? Are we the aliens? Does getting high help you to see aliens? :unsure:

I agree with only one thing, when the son said at the end that all the questions just lead to more questions.

But if/when the aliens come, what are they going to do to us anyway? Shake hands and give us a hug? Don't think so.

Conceptually, the alien must be forever strange and new to us. (or it is not alien). It is never the answer, only more questions. I'm at peace with this being forever unknown. I want to get to know what is alien and I want it to always be just out of reach, or else the chase for novelty will end.

Ahh.. I like your thinking there. ;-)

of concepts and of mental conception agents.

they permeate your brain and create stimulatory conversation with elements deep within................ that are forgotten.

the unknown is that that pushes our species forward.

to attain this would, ultimately , have deleterious consequences

The evidence for aliens or at laest others visiting us is compellingly strong. Its just that often the people trying to articulate the message arent able to do so clearly, believable and concisely.

There is physical evidence.

Yeah interesting show. It shows how learned closed-minded people can intellectually bully people with preconceived beliefs. If you got more articulate and aggressive personalities talking on the issue - based on the evidence - you could demonstrate there is definately something to it all.

So so so so true........He summed it up best when he said "I don't know"...

Edit: that was in the last few minutes......but Zen was oh so right...been there, felt that...

Edited by hutch

im a believer.

no one believes my fucking abduction? nay operation story though.

im a believer.

no one believes my fucking abduction? nay operation story though.

I haven't heard it and would like to hear.....I'm open minded....

One night I was coming back from one of my regular walks down to the Causeway over the Burnett River.....It was a dark night but the stars were so bright they lit the way. I do this walk 4 or 5 times a week and only rarely do I run into a car....never another person on foot as we are isolated.

This night I was making my way home and in the distance I thought I could see the headlights of an approaching car so I stepped off the road an squatted behind a tree, which is what I normally do until the car had past. (stay on the road and they will stop and ask you are you ok) I sat there for awhile and realized that nothing was coming which was very strange. I made a mental note to keep my eyes open as they may have stopped and turned off their headlights up ahead. I set off towards home and in a few minutes I realized nothing was familiar....I have walked this road at night for 6 years now and I know my way very well. Everything looked wrong and I was starting to get a little concerned and then I popped over the ridge and realized I was back down at the river....I have no idea how that happened...I am the butt of a few jokes with my mates over that one. I will admit I was drinking red wine at the time but that is not unusual....I love a glass on most of my walks....I never did see the car I swear was coming towards me...I have something in my left leg down near my ankle that is just below the skin....It feels squarish about 5mm in size and if I scratch at it it feels like something sharp protrudes from it....

I don't know where it come from or what it is....I suspect it is a piece of glass or similar. This part will sound strange...I don't know how long it has been there....It just is. I know I can get it cut out and I will one day....If it turned out to be of alien origin I would just shit myself....biggrin.gif

Your turntongue.gif

yeah mines not that believeable as it involves around 7ft of cactus. think i wrote a report here somewhere, if i get time this arvo ill try find it for u.

hutch - Remove it already... I want to know what it is! :P

Isn't it interesting how some abduction experiences are terrifying, while others are the complete opposite? Anyway, the UFOs I saw looked just like the ones in the video below, except that they were much redder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPaPZW_lNEo

i was reading an explanation for those last night. it's just buoyant plasma. you know, from a meteor.

Some of the NASA footage is the best to watch, a lot of stuff going on. Some of the "craft" in the NASA videos look organic in nature, not unlike jellyfish or single celled organisms. It wouldnt be a stretch to have creatures such as this inhabit space.

Doctor Edgar Mitchell (Lunar module pilot Apollo 14) makes some pretty full on claims in this video.

The NASA footage with all the dots and stuff is quite odd but have you guys seen the rods explained videos.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/gul1bjImnuM

edit

Sorry I can't get the you tube clip to appear in the thread but please click the link and tell me what you think. Seems to explain the rods videos pretty well.

Also, has anyone seen anything that tries to explain the glowing blobs NASA footage. They do look a look like microbes don't they.

Edited by Sonny Jim