The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
friendly

once again

Hello All: I disappeared last year after I had a 'neurological episode' and couldn't keep up with anything anymore.

I think I have now recovered enough to hopefully pick up where I left off.

It's good to be back.

Edited by friendly

Welcome back friendly!

Welcome back :)

I've very keen to hear if you've been doing any more massage oil experiments?

welcome back :)

Thank you all. The books, lectures and documentary are all on hold until I recover more fully. The stroke left me with much less memory and very little energy, although I am fortunate there was no permanent physical damage. It's taken me a whole year to get this far back.

I have, though, solidly documented that ancient Indian, Egyptian and Mesoamerican (Mayan) societies have essentially the same creation and death/rebirth myths, featuring, (of course) Nymphaea water lilies. This is a chapter in one of the books, and if nothing else gets done, this much is worthwhile on its own. If I ever figure out how, I will post some photos that illustrate this particular theory.

I still work on the massage oils. I get a massage almost every week (a fringe benefit of my job) with one or another of the varieties I have developed so far, and have even sent out bottles to friends. As far as sales go, the cost of the ingredients makes them too expensive to be, IMO, a viable business option. They make great gifts for masseurs and masseuses, though. Someone my age can't know too many people who are into massage and willing to work for trades. The S.d./blue lily oil based one is the one most requested, although the one with Sceletium added to the S.d and blue lily oil is a close second. No one else gets the one I personally use, due to potential legal ramifications.

I am willing to give out recipes, if anyone wants to go to the trouble of making (or purchasing) the required extracted ingredients.

Is it still ok to mention things that are legal here in the USA, but not in Oz?

hi, friendly, it's so good to hear from you, and as for most of us, you pop up once in a while into my head,

and hey, my latest craze might become lotus! :)

i think just looking at lotus plants and drinking lotus(or lilly) alcohol whilst doing so will be one of my next relaxing and life giving enterprises.

you can mention anything legal in the us, and not legal in oz, and anyway with your writting stile, you would get away with writting about anything,

anyway, wellcome back, and thx for all the things we learned from you already!

Very sorry to hear of your illness.

Your posts here have *always* been outstanding, and your absence had lowered the quality of inormation on these fora.

Great to hear your back on your feet.

cheers

ed

Once again, (sic) Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Much more of this and I will need to get a larger hat.

I came to the conclusion that this would be the best place to refine my writing skills as I continue to recover. I had absolutely no energy for writing(or doing)anything for the past year, but now that my energy is returning, I need to get back into form. I will try to be as concise and informatiive as I can, but it may be a little rough around the edges for a bit.

If you can get the real thing, Blue Lily essential oil inhaled nasally as an aromatherapeutic is quite excellent. Hold your breath after each inhalation. This is very important. It synergizes well with most things.

Stay away from anything sourced from India, though. They don't think it smells nice enough by itself and always add their own favorite fragrances to 'make it better'.

Good to see you back - we missed you! good to hear things improved quickly and that you are back in the game.

Blue lily essential oil? I have never come across that. Just the absolutes. do you know what the yield of essential oil is?

Torsten: I assume you are referring to the best of the commercially available products from Thailand?

If so, to me, they are same product under two names. I use essential oil as the term because it is solid at room temperature and liquifies when you hold it in your hand.

An absolute oil, by definition, is the part of the essential oil that is solid after distillation, dissolved as much as possible in alcohol.

Becuase the whole thing (what I call essential oil) solidifies at room temperature, then melts in in the heat your hand, I would call it an essential oil. If it were dissolved in alcohol,(an absolute) it should not solifidy at room temperature.

At least, that is my understanding of the thing.

Have you seen the extremely new-agey website that sells Blue Lily oil for $100.00 per ml? They use a lot of my published information (with no credit to the author) and have the most blatantly awful new-age 'mystic' bullshit sales pitch I have ever seen.