The Corroboree
Horus

3rd annual NSW Camp.

Glad it was a success!

Hillbilly's first fungus pic is Omphalotus nidiformis - did you see it at night? They glow in the dark.

The second one might be a Ramaria species.

Third one shouldn't be hard to ID with a book... I'll take a look tonight. Some Bolete.

And the fourth one is a Cordyceps species.

shame we didnt see them at night, I though it was another cordyceps. We actually saw about three or four over the weekend. Only one we got out of the ground though.

the nights were very bright it may have been hard to spot luminescent fungus

i can't imagine a friendlier bunch of people. toby, colhawk, incognito, mind expansion, "optical light" :P hillbilly and all of his doofer friends.

even the leeches were friendly.

still feeding on lactarius. im kinda starting to think its mildly active. makes u feel GREAT!!

is that what it was? i only had a few lactarius. due to carelessness my cookware was quickly ruined and i had no energy to fix that, but definitely noticed an unexplainable feeling that lasted days. might have been the subs healing like i initially thought, either way i could eat lactarius all day long, yum.

i've had it with my leaky tent and chucked it first thing, but my new vehicle will be a tent-free experience. i plan to head south again at first opportunity, i crave NSW, and i didn't find enough to last very long. my ID confidence evaporated the second day and i'm sure i threw away lots of good ones. also failed to sun dry any santa claus caps due to weather.

i can report being fed about once a day too, despite all the meat talk. once a day is more than a dog needs.

thanks again everybody

fucken leech bites itch, when they get you good anyway. remember how i threw one on the fire and instead of dying he just got angry? it itches like shit where he got me. i also copped one as soon as i got home (he survived about ten scissor chops before finally cutting in half) which i can't stop scratching.

Dan copped one on the eyeball on the last hunt, after me joking about it being the worst thing to happen apart from a fish in the penis

my mate and i had to be resqued from near the campsite yesterday by the Police AND the SES, when we got rediculously bogged on that road that leads away from the campsite. horrible end to a marvellous day. the new camp spot is funghi central.

Big ups Oberon police and the Oberon SES. im serious when i say they are a great bunch of guys, especially the police. They really had ourr safety in mind. We gave the SES a donation and are gonna send the Oberon police a liquorland voucher. Fucking champions. Your kidding urself if u wanna drive around there in nothing less than a 4WD. that forest will swallow u up!!

^ Did they find you or did you have to call them ? I remember getting bogged in a 'huge' pot hole on a road off the beaten track, which looked looked just a large puddle. We had to walk to a farm house nearby and get the local to pull us out with his tractor.He charged us $10 bucks. we later found out that he apparently deepened the pot hole himself and charges everyone a tenner to get them out.... Not very 'country folk' like ..... Bastid. Well at least you made it home safe Incognito.

Edited to elaborate .

Edited by Amazonian

the road away from the camp site you say? did a guy with a big pack keep hiking past in different directions scratching his head?

• Like 1

Sorry i didnt come with you that day incog :( i woulda saved your ass, then you woulda owed me your ass LOL

Edited by El presidente Hillbillios

Sounds like y'all had a sick time and I can't wait for next time! Hopefully it won't be when I'm already booked out :P

im pissed jakedanger didnt make it.. whats the story there?

wish i couldve stayed the whole weekend. next year.

still feeding on lactarius. im kinda starting to think its mildly active. makes u feel GREAT!! even my family thought so.

top work hillbilly and crew. the force is certainy with you! xx

Sorry dudes! Been AWOL for a bit. Pissed I couldn't make it; looks like the NSW camps are getting bigger every year.

I had family over Easter (also couldn't arrange a ride) and Mardi Grass the week after.

Glad you all had a good one.

the rangers have already given you the go ahead.

really?

yeah the ranger came over into camp on saturday and said we were welcome back as long as we left the camp site clean and tidy. I was last to leave and cleaned up all the mess, even stuff that was left there from trailbike riders before us. The place was spotless and and pristine when we left.

As long as the dogs dont go into the national park, we dont charge admission and we leave the place clean and tidy. He said we are welcome anytime.

• Like 2

and by 'we', you mean 1500 punters and a stezza that thumps you in the arse while you're sitting in your tent.

hb i returned the following weekend and the site is seriously alot cleaner than when we arrived. wish i could have hung to help you clean up. just got back from the "Uber Zone", its still very clean, and productive :shroomer:

i seriosuly cant wait for matt to tell you the story of our shenanigans in the uber zone, as you simply woulnt believe my tale. Uber Zone is UBER! but man dont go out Boggy Creek road without a 4WD, especially after its been raining. Who wouldve thought a road called "Boggy Creek" would turn into red-clay slush after a night of rain?? yes people, i am fucking retarded!

Anyhoo now ive met the jenolan State forest rangers (well two of them), the Oberon Police Sergeant (Big Bear-fucking champion, heart almost as big as he is, and thats FUCKING GINORMOUS, glad he was on our side!) AND the oberon SES team!!must be the mycellium in the water out there cos they are all FUCKING CHAMPIONS in my books who i would be quite happy to hug, nay spoon.

If anyone runs into these guys out in the forest, dont be skeered, show em some love. they are really cool people.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

Thanks again El presidente to you and your mates for putting this on, was heaps of fun and a good way to unwind.

thank you all!

was great to meet/see or just generally be around a bunch of such beautiful people..

pretty fantastic part of the planet too..

Always a pleasure catching up with you toby smile.gif

the nights were very bright it may have been hard to spot luminescent fungus

i can't imagine a friendlier bunch of people. toby, colhawk, incognito, mind expansion, "optical light" :P hillbilly and all of his doofer friends.

even the leeches were friendly.

Dat's ma name newimprovedwinkonclear.gif, also; thanks for the plants

my mate and i had to be resqued from near the campsite yesterday by the Police AND the SES, when we got rediculously bogged on that road that leads away from the campsite. horrible end to a marvellous day. the new camp spot is funghi central.

Big ups Oberon police and the Oberon SES. im serious when i say they are a great bunch of guys, especially the police. They really had ourr safety in mind. We gave the SES a donation and are gonna send the Oberon police a liquorland voucher. Fucking champions. Your kidding urself if u wanna drive around there in nothing less than a 4WD. that forest will swallow u up!!

Aw man, I didn't start driving until night time on the Saturday so I got lost driving on that road for a coupla hours! I almost got stuck a number of times and it wasn't even that damp. Was driving down this massive fucker of a hill going deeper into the forest on one of the side roads when I decided urgggh maybe this ain't such a good road to be driving on. Was freaking out when I was trying to drive up the hill again and I was trying to turn and the wheels where just going round and round.... Lucky I got out of there! I also ended up in a trail bike riders camp before I found everyone, but they did feed me beef stew and wine so I can't complain :P

isnt toby just the sweetest human uve ever met? fuking lovely human being.