The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

synchromesh

Are you guys sick of my "spam"?

that saying i've had time to calm down, and in reaction to other posters comments i did feel an apology was in order (somewhat) that being said...

15 minutes after you basically washed your hands of it all?

ok, without intervention, i'm apologizing for how i spoke to you, i shouldn't have cussed at you but then you shouldn't have cussed at me....

You cussed at me first, thanks. Don't try and make it look like I started the whole thing.

i apologize for being a rude prick, that i was.... but i'm not apologizing for calling you out, i enjoy coming here and seeing corroboree things, i was sure you were trying to piss me off replacing my content (which takes time to post) don't get me wrong it isn't as if i care how long it stays their but it really shits me when i see something completely off context

You thought I was being personal when I don't even know you? Anyway, the context is whatever I want it to be... that's what makes it a PERSONAL gallery!

ps, my mums gay and has been since i was 12, i didn't get the joke and was very offended by it, now ill move on :wink:

I have no idea what you're talking about, but it looks like you're trying to make me look like a prick again... Nice try.....

Oh boy, you should be the LAST person to complain about wasted bandwidth!

Haha :) Your probably right.

I think I've got a pretty clear picture of this now. let me summarise for everyone.

synchro posts pics of women which displace the 'latest pics' in the forum header which gogo had uploaded.

gogo takes personal offence to that thinking it is intentional or at least annoyingly coincidental.

gogo rants at synchro [without cussing]

synchro replies somewhat perplexed and calls gogo a fucknut.

gogo loses it and lets rip.

synchro start this thread.

gogo rejects any guilt, but a few minutes later begrudgingly apologises.

here is my take on it:

grow up! both of you.

Gogo, your gallery expectation is completely nuts.

synchro, you can expect civil language if you call people fucknut.

gogo, get a grip.

The 'latest pic' feature is not a competition. Tough luck if someone else is uploading and displaces your pics. if you want to drive traffic to your gallery then incorporate the pics / links into a forum post. The 'latest pic' strip is pot luck, not some sort of right. I can't even believe anyone would be so anal to play for 'gallery screen time'. Seriously, I know that uploads take time, but the header strip is really not the 5 seconds of fame you should be aiming at. if your gallery is good then people will link to it and drive traffic that way. And if you think it is good then point people to it via a thread. Don't try and hog the forum strip as you will invariably be disappointed.

While I think gogo was wrong in even making the complaint to you, this is a clear case of both sides escalating, so i won't be taking any action against either one of you as long as you BOTH unreservedly apologise for the language used. While I don't think that synchro uploaded pics to intentionally override gogo's uploads, I think it might be a good idea if you check next time whether the pics you are displacing are gogo's. There is no problem with posting non-plant pics, but most of us do come here for the plants and we wouldn't want to reduce the effort gogo makes with posting his plant pics.

I hope you two can PM each other civilly and sort this out so it doesn't escalate again.

I think I've got a pretty clear picture of this now. let me summarise for everyone.

synchro posts pics of women which displace the 'latest pics' in the forum header which gogo had uploaded.

gogo takes personal offence to that thinking it is intentional or at least annoyingly coincidental.

I didn't even know gogo had uploaded any of the pics to tell you the truth. The pics I looked at before I uploaded mine (just a couple) were uploaded by different people.

gogo rants at synchro [without cussing]

synchro replies somewhat perplexed and calls gogo a fucknut.

gogo loses it and lets rip.

synchro start this thread.

gogo rejects any guilt, but a few minutes later begrudgingly apologises.

Gogo made the first cussings and insults with the first PM. I thought that this was clear.

i'm happy with that, id really like to see an option to not show them on the front page, (not that i'm implying this happens) i sometimes think i'm stepping on somebody's toes every now and then (in the gallery), the only reason i reacted the way i did was because of his remark, but as i said i'm over it, and wasted enough of all of your time,

ps, if was completely unintentional, i do feel like an idiot....

have a great week everyone.