The Corroboree
watertrade

Seeds Australia WAS closing down

SeedsAustralia is closing down.

As you probably know The Attorney General has proposed to expand the list of federally prohibited plants.

some of the seeds sold by SeedsAustralia will fall under the proposed legislation.

If the proposed legislation is accepted (and I believe it will be) it will be a criminal offence to own any material listed.

With this in mind I am selling off all my seeds and plants before the change in the law.

SeedsAustralia wasn't open for long and I had plans to develop it further but I don't want to break the law.

All stock will be on sale with a 25% discount until gone. any remaining seeds/plants will be sent to where they are they are legal to own or destroyed.

:(

www.seedsaustralia.net/shop

For more information

www.gardenfreedom.com

Edited by watertrade

Im so sorry to hear your shutting down your business.

but i too wonder if your being a bit hasty. isnt this just a preliminary stage. i would assume you can wait till it is formally announced that it is going ahead before you need to do something about it.

also, are you up for compensation as a result of change in legislation that adversely affects your business.

Cheers, Obtuse.

Such a shame mate. You had a really good thing going there.

I agree with you that this new legislation will probably go through, despite our best efforts. So I understand where you are coming from. Better to try and recover some of your costs now while you still can, rather than wait and have to destroy everything.

Good luck with the sale, I hope you clear most of your stock in time.

Do you have plants for sale too? Couldn't see them on the site...

Might be an idea to list them, as they're worth more than seeds.

I probably am being a little premature, ( wouldn't be the first time.. ;) )

When I can find out the timeframe I may reconsider my timing - any idea? but until then I will keep the sale going.

Alice, I have plants that that I will list & will take pictures when I can - I'm in hospital with my partner at the moment and don't get home until after dark. & I don't really want to sell them !

thanks for the support guys :)

One of my friends studies law. She told me that legislation like this would take at least a couple of years to actually come into effect.

I would suggest at least 1-5 years before this legislation is passed, I guess down sizing stock it not a bad thing when considering all variables.

This is just wrong,I feel your pain,unless people stand up and take action against this,they will take our land, feed us genetically modified food, and live under video surveillance in mega citys, built and controlled by the government to confine and control us all we will all become pre conditioned microsoft clones...killing some cacti would be like killing an ancient spirit..there has to be karma for that, but they have invaded countrys and got away with it,its all part of the NWO they are trying to impose on everyone,look at china thats there prototype,fight for our freedom & rights...this thread has made me so angry......We live in a democratic country and only the voices of people willing to stand up & fight this...so take action ppl....The goverment cant control the masses if we stand united and take action.....We all know the government is responsible for the masse shipments of imported prohibited illicit substances,unless people realise there corruption and seek the truth the NWO will happen... fight now or wait till they start reclaiming land & hurry us away to live side by side like mice in a cage....

• Like 1

This makes me so angry. I need to expand my ethno garden whilst I still can.

Yeah...I reckon hold back on this and keep your margins. At the very worst, if it does seem like it'll become a law, you can do a 50%-off sale or something and everyone on these forums will clean you out in minutes haha!

Your probably right. I tend to make snap decisions nowadays and act on them before thinking them through.

( I used to have a 'two thought rule' for myself where I would reconsider almost every decision )

I will keep it open until we know what/when is happening.

well done to those people taking advantage of my 4 hour sale ;)

I'm such a drama queen. ;)

EDIT: if anyone who just placed an order was caught up in my hype and would like a refund, please let me know :rolleyes:

Edited by watertrade

Let me know when the next closing down sale's on, I missed this one! :P on the other hand I found your website and no doubt will be making an order in the near future!

(and I believe it will be)

yeah sadly so.... do i , actually am looking forward to teh uprising

• Like 1

Good luck with everything Watertrade and I hope partner is well again soon.

I see the wattle is on the list, I think this plant is on the australian code of arms its a nationwide emblem and there gonna try and outlaw it, & phalaris grows wild on nearly every farmland property,this is utterly ridiculous,that would make most cattle and grazing land and infringement to the legislation.........who ever wrote this up may as well add the common tomatoe & potatoe plant also as they are part of Solanacea nightshade family,but unfortunately im guessing they cant outlaw the common tomatoe for the fact it was one of the first genetically modified commercially available food sources, how can they discreetly poison us if they take our genetically modified food sources from the shelves of our supermarkets?Just like they cant take the tax off tobacco so we can all smoke the cancer puffs again without being broke!Not only do they want us to die quietly but with a nicely accumulated bank loan and aussie dream home debt that we can never fully recover from.May the ancestral spirits of peyotes rise from there sacred graves and send forth shamanic witchcraft spirits to poison some commonsense into our fine commonwealth government!

• Like 1

the guesstimates are not quite right. Usually the review process will take about 6 months. Then a bill gets drafted and then it has to pass parliament. I would say that it would take at least 9 months if they were in a big hurry. Given that this law includes a lot of stuff about drug trafficking and precursors i think this is a law that will be dealt with VERY quickly. however, I am personally not planning at anything under 12 months. But it could quite easily be 18 months. because of the precursor stuff i don't think it will be much longer than that.

There will be plenty of opportunity for updates along the way. I know people who will lodge an FOI request for the summary as soon as this is out. That will give us some idea how much pressure was being created. Then the draft bill will be released. This will also be known to us. Then eventually the bill will go to parliament. Once decided it will then become law at a specified date thereafter. It may even include a grace period. It may yet include a legitimate use clause. The whole pant section of it may just be turfed out if we make enough noise.

So yeah, it is far to early to even contemplate these things.

The whole pant section of it may just be turfed out if we make enough noise.

Thats one thing i WONT be making noise for. You may want to see parliamentarians without pants T but i think its something most of us could do without!

• Like 2

this is ridiculous.....

:'(

when the time comes where we can do something about this surely there will be a sticky to notify us all.

well... is there anything else we CAN do?

after getup failed to take it on, (even though the voting #'s ROMPED the competition), perhaps this one is set in government concrete?

not killing our spirits, but honestly... what can we do? apart from march in the streets? (there wouldn't be enough local support in one area for this to happen - and the places there would be, may not be adhered to/paid attention to...)

having said that, you wonder how the hell they're going to enforce this. brugs are EVERYwhere in queensland. trichs are extremely common - from your PC right down to that spachianus growing next to your grandmas letterbox. it's just impossible... :scratchhead:

and imagine the confusion of the court whenever one of dmt plants(as in, half of australia) is mentioned. perhaps this may be a law relying on 'intent'. suspicion means a lot more in court when it's a government that's doing the suspecting.

- sorry to see seeds australia go.

Seriously people

this is absolutely NOT set in concrete

they are simply making a proposition and asking for submissions to discuss it

it is totally possible that they will read our well-researched, carefully written submissions and realise they have been making fools of themselves and throw the whole thing out. Perhaps that's a bit much to hope for, but we definitely have a chance not only to hold back many of these changes, but to make a big noise and educate the general public about it at the same time. It's definitely not time to start shutting down important community services like Seeds Australia.

Thanks guys, I'm going to hold off closing it down until there is some certainty about the laws, i was getting carried away :)

• Like 1