The Corroboree
folias

Acacia Floribunda

Instead of going out there and trying to find Acacia Obutsifolia and going through all the hard work to get some bark and possibly maim or destroy some native flora, there is a far more common tree and it is called "Acacia Floribunda", which is more common, and has a very friendly, refined tryptamine content.

Unlike, Obtusifolia, where you will get a small tryptamine content out of the phyllodes from most strains, you will get 0.3-4% from the Phyllodes that is of killer quality and that you can make brews from.

Also, this goes for Acuminata on the west coast, the phyllodes contain up to 1.5%, so I hear. The bark contains more, but at these sorts of yields who is complaining when it is so much easier to take the phyllodes.

I guess people are taking the phyllodes of these species because bark has traditionally been taken because Obtusifolia phyllodes are not to be useful in SOME strains - having said that, some strains on the south coast of NSW, contain good quality tryptamines at about 0.5%.

KNOW YOUR STRAIN!

Julian.

Edited by folias
  • Like 4

Also i'd like to add, floribunda appear to be easier to grow, and grow a hell of a lot quicker. :wink:

and you can find them at bunnings, etc. well, maybe for not much longer.

Cheers, Obtuse.

(edit: spelling)

Edited by obtuse
  • Like 2

having said that, some strains on the south coast of NSW, contain good quality tryptamines at about 0.5%.

KNOW YOUR STRAIN!

is this from personal communications with someone or cited in literature somewhere?

This is interesting...I'd like to hear more (and grow some).

Also i'd like to add, floribunda appear to be easier to grow, and grow a hell of a lot quicker. :wink:

Any guess at a rate? This sounds promising!

i tend to neglect both my floribundas and obtusifolias during seedling stage, so they probably dont get as good a start as they should, plus i keep forgetting to innoculate them with soil from other acacias. but on the plus side i guess it probably weeds out the weaker plants.

my tallest, is a three year old floribunda that must be 4 metres tall, once i got it in the ground it bolted, its siblings are now doing the same. i have noticed with some acacias that they are generally slow to start, but get to a certain height and then just go crazy.

my obtusifolias on the other hand seem to be much slower to grow.

but hey, im no expert, so im sure people can do a lot better than me.

i am finding its best just to plant the seedlings into the ground and forget about them. i have seen longifolias just magically appear out of nowhere. lol

Cheers, Obtuse.

>is this from personal communications with someone or cited in literature somewhere?

it is in personal communications with myself!

Most of this underground research goes "unpublished" and people like myself may post some material, and much of it relates to variabilities rather than certainties.

"the literature" still says that maidenii contains 0.6% DMT and people still believe that one report from one strain is consistant with all strains.

For example, I am told by a reliable researcher, there is ONE STAND of Maidenii somewhere outside of Sydney that I am told contains 0.5% DMT.

Good luck with most strains though! You will be lucky to get 0.1%.

Julian.

Thanks for the tip.. brewable phyllodes from a very local source could be theoretically very useful. A friend has a bunch of these on her property actually. Just out of curiosity, is there any usage for the bark as well or is it just phyllode???

hi julian, have you found Acacia floribunda to be just as variable as the other species?... do you know if this species varies between areas?...

Edited by volcanicplug

This is all news to my ears Julian. I've not read anywhere else (other than a week old post at the nexus) of Floribunda containing N,N. Is there any evidence that I have missed to support this new discovery?

And also, which phyllodes are best - old growth or new growth?

Will try my hand at growing some asap. ;)

It was mentioned last year at EGA in Jeremy J's talk. Pretty sure it's in Snu's book too.

I don't have that much experience with it.

It seems to be pretty consistant however, around 0.3-4%. The bark being around the same.

Julian.

Edited by folias

I do hope that word of mouth is sufficient and publication of such things is avoided,

no need to believe that things are not factual unless published

there really aren't many people out there who would make bold claims out of the blue

• Like 2

As stated, with the case of Acacia Maidenii, it is published and it is entirely wrong! And look up "Acacia Maidenii DMT" and you will find hundreds of pages that assume that Acacia Maidenii always contains DMT at around 0.4%! And hundreds of reports of people trying to extract from it and then getting nothing or almost nothing.

M*lga's site

http://users.lycaeum.org/~mulga/acacia/index.htm

has one primary message.

"Maidenii is a dud, don't bother with it - Obtusifolia is the one you are after!"

That is the first site that used to come up in the search engines, but people often seem so blinded by who or what appears authoritive that will simply report it as authorative because it is published and "scientific", over and above a web site which states clear and experiential knowledge, which is actually more useful and correct.

Julian.

• Like 2

"Maidenii is a dud, don't bother with it - Obtusifolia is the one you are after!"

On that note, my maidenii will be going into the ground tomorrow and I may never visit them. Anyone want some seeds? :P

I don't want to drift away from A.floribunda too much but thought I would add that it would be nice to know more about obtusi's, by which i mean time of year concentrations are highest etc. Pity they don't put out like other plants do so telling which was strongest was easier.

That said one lady in 'the spirit molecule' questions the real benefit of such blasting in hyperspace, I think I recall Torsten also mentioning something about this. Personally and without reading/seeing 'the spirit molecule' doc or book I came to the same conclusion. It is interesting and pretty wild being blasted to the other side but really a slowly process of lift off seems to me to be more healing/beneficial. How the fuck do i assimilate an Egyptian sarcophagus telling me to place my hand in the mouth of the cobra its holding? Seriously....

I think the future lies in acacia's without the cyanogenic glycosides, (i think that is what they are called). So that a brew can be used rather than a major chemical process resulting in the turbo version of dmt consciousness.

just an opinion however, I still think the blast is cool.... just not really that workable.

maidenii is not "dud" it's just highly variable. you just need to know exactly what to look for... and where.. but i agree, there is much more convenient alternatives.

Edited by paradox

I think the future lies in acacia's without the cyanogenic glycosides, (i think that is what they are called). So that a brew can be used rather than a major chemical process resulting in the turbo version of dmt consciousness.

what acacias are known to have a low cyanogenic glycoside content? would it be unadvisable for one to make a brew from maidenii phyllodes to test potency (in the absence of extraction apparatus)?

Possibly dangerous question right there... as cyanide content might also be highly variable in some instances and inadequately studied in scientific publications that state numbers.

Just something to keep in mind if someone says "dude ________ has no cyanide!"

due to current conditions in aus, maybe word of mouth is the best for the time being. obv too late with this plant, but in the future....

and any potential dangers like in the post above can be explained...by word of mouth

what acacias are known to have a low cyanogenic glycoside content? would it be unadvisable for one to make a brew from maidenii phyllodes to test potency (in the absence of extraction apparatus)?

from my understanding of what t has posted, a simple extraction using vinegar and water in a well ventilated environment should get rid of any cyanide compounds....

there may be other actives in some maidenii.....

t s t .

Edited by t st tantra

Ever since the last outdoor EGA I have looked everywhere for florabunda in north Q....

I have never seen one in all my travels.....so they are either hiding or I need to wear my glasses more

a bunda my ass :lol:

I just put 18 maidenii seedlings in the ground yesterday - are you saying there might be some value to them? Brew or extract? I'd lost all hope.

I just put 18 maidenii seedlings in the ground yesterday - are you saying there might be some value to them? Brew or extract? I'd lost all hope.

All depends on the strain. Good strains(>0.1% alkaloid in phylodes) of A.Maidenii seem comparetively rare from my own and others experience though they most certainly exist. I can confirm that strains with values such as in several early studies of around 0.6% alkaloid are not in error.

Edited by Mycot