The Corroboree
quarterflesh

Hoja santa wanted

hey guys just wondering if anyone else has Piper auritum growing and has either seeds or cuttings available. for some reason my has gotten to a height of about 3 inches and started dying, i had grown it from seed and from 60 seeds it was the only one to sprout. the seeds were nearly impossible for me to aquire and am badly wanting a replacement. if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

post-9044-0-50689200-1296965891_thumb.jp

post-9044-0-50689200-1296965891_thumb.jpg

post-9044-0-50689200-1296965891_thumb.jpg

SAB sells plants, but not seeds. i's a popular plant so there should be others around who can trade cuttings too.

I bought P Subpelatum and P Auritum from SAB. Nice little plants, well packed and priced. I'm going to strike a few cuttings, so if you are prepared to wait a few weeks I can help.

Edited by mr me

There's a massive grove of it growing wild not far from where I live.

I'm having trouble with bugs on my Piper. I only had Derris dust on hand, so hopefully that will dispatch them until I can find a more permanent solution. Anyone got any advice for insects?

I think you can also save that seedling. Put it back into a fully-humid environment, and mist 1-2 times daily. Maybe prop up the leaves so they can generate maximum energy for the plant before they perish. If you're lucky, the plant will have enough energy reserve to send up more foliage. It's hard to tell, but was that seedling getting enough sunlight? It looks etiolated in that photo.

it was not getting direct sunlight it has been growing in the shade all its life , i thought thats how they grew! mr me i would love a cutting or 2. please pm me when they are ready and i will gladly compensate you for your help. i dont have much to trade as i have really only just begun my plant collecting last year. thanks guys

Hahaha i brought those seeds i had from a ebay seller in belize and got screwed over by quarantine, that was over 3 years ago. All good now i sourced a monster from SAB and now cant control it. Your ebay name wouldn't be e*species would it?