The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
basalamant

psilocybe australiana

hello. i was wondering, if in nsw and vic if psilocybe australiana are difficult/uncommon to encounter/cultivate? i thought they would be easier to find seeming as they grow on bark.. i am curious if anybody has ever come across them in their habitable climate(s) before. thanks.

psilocybe australiana, eucalypta, and tasmaniana are now considered as part of Psilocybe subaeruginosa.

P. Subaeruginosa is a highly adaptable species and i think you'll find in most cases people assume thats what they are. you would perhaps need to use a microscope in order to further define them as what defined P. australiana.

if your interested, the paper that regrouped them under P. subaeruginosa is here:

Chang YS, Mills AK (1992) Re-Examination of Psilocybe-Subaeruginosa and Related Species with Comparative Morphology Isozymes and Mating Compatibility Studies

chang_and_mills_1992.pdf (1.17MB)

and may further assist in your studies.

all the best, Obtuse.

• Like 1

NAH,

the woodlovers are subaeruginosa.

The dung lovers are cubensis.

It took m a few years of eager concentration

before the universe hooked me up to the local magic.

If you hold anything in mind long enough, it will show up.

This has been true for me with every entheogen I was interested in.

Now the plants and fungus acutally scream out loud- sometimes

they just cant be ignored. All in due time : )

• Like 1

sorry basalamant,

i didnt notice that your location is queensland.

you wont have any luck finding P. subaeruginosa in your region, as they only grow in cold regions. either down south or high altitudes.

P. cubensis would be the one of more interest to you as it prefers hotter climates. And as mud points out it is coprophilic.

"An Introduction to the Mushrooms, Toadstools and Larger Fungi of Queensland." by The Queensland Naturalists' Club, printed 1979 would be a good place to start for your studies.

or have a good look here using the search engine, you'll find a wealth of info. :wink:

have fun, Cheers, Obtuse.

I found subaeruginosa in pine forests outside Nimbin so they get pretty close to QLD.

Can you give us a hint about where to look?

• Like 1