The Corroboree
Casuarius

Banisteriopsis caapi Propagation 101

Thanks for interesting posts Casuarius, are you a healer in PNG?

I think Yagé only grows really well when the planter is in harmony with himself, has non-materialistic intentions and is susceptible for its soul.

It has one of the highest developed spirits of the plant world, together with Iboga.

• Like 1

Thanks for interesting posts Casuarius, are you a healer in PNG?

I think Yagé only grows really well w

hen the planter is in harmony with himself, has non-materialistic intentions and is susceptible for its soul.

It has one of the highest developed spirits of the plant world, together with Iboga.

hi, mp!

Casuarius, is not active, as far as i know, just to let you know.

Casuarius, managed to get salvia divnorum, to seed!! and he grew this seed, sucessfully, incredible grower!!!

• Like 2

Absolutely fascinating, Salvia d.-seeds!

For those who don't know: Salvia d.- seeds are among the rarest and highest priced seeds anyway. It is very difficult and perfect growing conditions are necessary for fruiting, because it is regarded as sterile. It must be hand-pollinated and only a small percentage of pollinated flowers develope seeds.

Generally Salvia d. is a very arbitrary species, it shows its effect only infrequent, I think its dependent on the mood of the plant. I got no effect for years (also with highly potentiated leaves) and after a session with friends, when the vibrations were perfect, she shows me her whole potential, splitting me into two persons, pushing me back and gave me a very cleansing and insightful experience. After this experience she always gave me strong effects.

The healthiness of plants is also highly dependent on the mood of the grower, I think.

Edited by mindperformer
  • Like 1

My plant:

th_386597631_Salviadivinorum17_122_128lo.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent post. I've grown B. cappi from cuttings as well in Florida. What I've noticed is that in St. Augustine it can take a few months before noticeable growth is seen from pencil sized hardwood cuttings. I've also noticed that if there is a green node buried beneath the surface that is encouraged to grow up through the surface that growth is generally much faster and vigorous than any hardwood portion with green attached above the surface. That node buried beneath the surface will also tend to grow thicker faster than a hardwood portion. For an area such as St. Augustine, Florida where it sometimes freezes I would frequently bury very large sections of fresh green vine still attached to the mother vine in long sections 15 ft long just a few inches below the surface of the ground. I did this as we sometimes had freezes which would knock out the above ground vine, but would leave the longer buried pieces of vine alone. Thus, when a light freeze hit that took out our vine... we would be left with a very large root system and a very large thin vine from which many new vines could spring up out of the ground after danger of frost was gone. Admittedly, this is a lot of work and time consuming to do each year, but it ensured the vines grew rapidly and reached the tops of the trees very quickly each year in an area that was not ideal to grow B. cappi in. I've received cuttings shipped and rooted them as well when I was getting started with B. cappi. You don't need anything other than a straight piece the diameter of a pencil works fine. I'm sure the added "T" at the bottom helps, but for many they may not have access to such a cutting and while it may help... B. cappi can root without that as well. Nor does it need to be cut in an "L" shape with a heal. All B. cappi needs is a long slender cutting and things will be fine. That has been my experience. I am sure that the added area for root growth does help however. I hope this information adds to rather than detracts from your already great post.

Edited by Inyan
  • Like 1