The Corroboree
gogogadget

Replenish our sacred species

About 4 years ago I planted a big lot of maidenii at a certain park in South Perth... still going strong and most plants are ~3m high now! South Perth Council has been looking after them well!

how is that? nutrients from the scraps they leave during their 90 minute smoko under its shade? :innocent_n:

I have been thinking about something like this lately!

I have heard from people how entire sections of Acacias in some areas (I'm assuming around York) have been completely stripped, which also apparently got the attention of Department of Conservation and Land Management (or whatever they are called now).

I have never used the alakloids that come fro this plant, and I think I would be hesitant to if it meant a whole tree dying.. It shocked me to hear about people who are using a supposedly enlightening substance acting in a way that is so destructive, greedy and small minded.. I really hope it is no one from this forum that has been doing this!

I read on one forum where someone was saying to try and be conservative with how much they took and maybe think about replanting them and fools were saying "nah its cool they grow everywhere" Yeah not for long with ignorant greedy cunts like you around! :BANGHEAD2:

Anyway, I have no idea where would be a good place to do some guerilla planting like this, or how to go about it generally.. assuming I get a couple of hundred seedlings going, does anyone have any suggestions of ways to go about this discreetly?

Edited by chilli
  • Like 2