The Corroboree
gogogadget

Replenish our sacred species

Hi everyone i'm kind of calling all perthians (i so added that to dictionary) :bootyshake: but this is a general conception to everyone,i have noticed in many places ring barked tree's, limbs missing mainly on acacia whilst others just are simply removed from their habitat, :crux: i was thinking it may be an idea each spring for forums like ourselves :innocent_n: to give something back to the beautiful gods that give us the medicinal and recreational enjoyment we so much seek, i realize a lot of us grow our own (now,) but we can't say that for the majority of greedy sacrilegious fools who will inevitably either see our favor plants banned or grow extinct from overfishing, so i figure we could each spring collect seeds we have gathered and go tube stock planting in groups, each meet from each state could join for an anniversary plant? i could be jumping the gun here a little but it sounded good from were i stood, :lol: i'd be interested to hear what you all think especially that of the perth meet group

Edited by gogogadget

That's a good idea and I have thought about that before but I don't have access to a whole lot at the moment. Which plants are you thinking of?

There's some patches of bush remaining in Beechboro that I heard have some rare native orchids. However, some people want the land developed. This made me think that I should go grab some if development goes ahead and then I can propagate them and put them in other locations nearby.

sounds like a great idea. would you be thinking of planting on public or private land?

I also think that is a great idea. I have separated 10 acres off of my place and have just finished putting a winding track through it, 2 ride on mower widths wide. It is in awesome walk through as it is as it currently has mostly wattles and acacia and various gums but my plan is to fill it mainly with bird attracting flowering natives...but I am also going to turn it into an ethno wonderland. You will see me become a regular on the trading swapping and buying forums...

I am also keen on donated sacred species....I will be putting together a photo album as it takes shape...I'm thinking at this point that if something was donated I would like to see a small recognition to whom ever provided it where it is planted. Down the track I want to invite people in for a tour. It's a 10 year plan but I'm not going anywhere soon....

Again mate...great idea and keep me in mind if you are ever looking for a home for a special species. I could be a foster parenttongue.gif

Hutch

Edited by hutch

That's a good idea and I have thought about that before but I don't have access to a whole lot at the moment. Which plants are you thinking of?

There's some patches of bush remaining in Beechboro that I heard have some rare native orchids. However, some people want the land developed. This made me think that I should go grab some if development goes ahead and then I can propagate them and put them in other locations nearby.

I have a friend from the AE forums that is donating me a lot of acacia seed i think from what he said theirs a wild variety :bootyshake: it could be it that this could turn into a rogue planting/replenishing thing in the future but i wanted to keep that as a future possibility once we all get acquainted with each other a little more and to see to it that the replenishing scheme works it would make more sense to focus on that first but certainly endangered or rare plants would certainly fit the bill

i mainly wanted to stick to medicinal and recreational for the time being as this is our forums main objective.

sounds like a great idea. would you be thinking of planting on public or private land?

Well i wont be trespassing :worship: but i don't mind pushing boundary's in some instances i was mainly thinking places like borders for property's, habitats the trees bushes flowers cacti grow in naturally here in Perth they have these big square blocks of land about the size of houses tapered to catch rain water theirs often tree's surrounding the tapering and a great place to hide new seedlings/cuttings as it's fenced off from public and ranger eyes in the hope they wont catch shire planting managements eyes,

I also think that is a great idea. I have separated 10 acres off of my place and have just finished putting a winding track through it, 2 ride on mower widths wide. It is in awesome walk through as it is as it currently has mostly wattles and acacia and various gums but my plan is to fill it mainly with bird attracting flowering natives...but I am also going to turn it into an ethno wonderland. You will see me become a regular on the trading swapping and buying forums...

I am also keen on donated sacred species....I will be putting together a photo album as it takes shape...I'm thinking at this point that if something was donated I would like to see a small recognition to whom ever provided it where it is planted. Down the track I want to invite people in for a tour. It's a 10 year plan but I'm not going anywhere soon....

Again mate...great idea and keep me in mind if you are ever looking for a home for a special species. I could be a foster parenttongue.gif

Hutch

How i envy you!!!!, we just bought in Ridge-wood Perth and didn't even think about a property :BANGHEAD2: ah well next time :d, sounds like a good camping trip :bootyshake: i will add you and keep you in mind of some ethnological goodness i'm already very much bonsai prone if you ever need any tips on bonsai drop me a pm, i would be keeping a large bull on my property in the case of seething dmt lutanists habitize your sacred land

all in all i'm a stay at home father so my time is somewhat restricted but none the less i think its is well due time, and thankyou for your comments just keep those seed pouches at the ready

How i envy you!!!!, we just bought in Ridge-wood Perth and didn't even think about a property :BANGHEAD2: ah well next time :d, sounds like a good camping trip :bootyshake: i will add you and keep you in mind of some ethnological goodness i'm already very much bonsai prone if you ever need any tips on bonsai drop me a pm, i would be keeping a large bull on my property in the case of seething dmt lutanists habitize your sacred land

Bonsai hey...I will keep you in mind. Don't need a bull cause I got a ridge back called Bud and a good friend called smith a western...tongue.gif

We are tucked away from the hustle and bustle....hardly anyone knows we are here...could never go back to suburbia....Some people have to I suppose to make a living but once you find your way out you do all in your power never to go back.....

hutch your one lucky dude living on a property like that i would love to see some pics of it if u dnt mind.

now about Replenish our sacred species great idea i think it would also be good to get some of the other states acacias into wa for we only have very limited species and id like to see more of them around i also think some other plants would be nice to start spreading around even someof the native shrooms would be good to try and get growing around wa more i know its really dry but if you could find a nice wet spot in perth or around that areait would be good to see if anyone could get them growing

hutch your one lucky dude living on a property like that i would love to see some pics of it if u dnt mind.

i also think some other plants would be nice to start spreading around

I know I am lucky but I went looking for it when I got corporate burn outtongue.gif

How about we spread around some Salvia Divinorum...biggrin.gif sorry officer...just kidding...

I am trying to upload some photos to an album I was trying to put together but it always fails. I am trying at photo bucket but it will be a slow process. I will give you the link when I am done..

Cheers

Hutchnewimprovedwinkonclear.gif

na it said page not found

wow im not suggesting this but spreading some sally would be great its just a shame u cant grow it from seed

na it said page not found

wow im not suggesting this but spreading some sally would be great its just a shame u cant grow it from seed

I will work on it again....We lost power last night and it has taken me an hour just to get this prick of a thing to start up again....threats of a hammer seamed to worknewimprovedwinkonclear.gif

• Like 1

lol your funny

i bet i could have fixed it for u what was the problem

I wish I had a property like yours. Plenty of room for your dogs to play around too! What kind of dog is he?

LOL @ calling your dog Bud man

Well my roosters name is Randall ( I don't name my chooks as there is too many), my other dogs name is Roger (way before the smacko's ad) My cats name is Douglas and Bud was a rescued dog from the pound that had been flogged to death as a puppy. Didn't have the heart to change his name cause that's all he knew. He is a Ridge Back cross and once I shown him that people can give out love he has become the best dog of my life...Bud may sound sucky but it rolls off the tongue easy and that is what he is...my Bud...Sorry...

Edit: I forgot to name my cows....we have Blondy, Joelene...spelt that way cause I thought she was a he and called it Joe after my father in law(bloody umbilical cord fooled me) and I have my jet black Dexter bull called Vegemite...

Thought I would ad I will only have blondy til the 12 of feb.....the butcher is on his way....

Edited by hutch

Well my roosters name is Randall ( I don't name my chooks as there is too many), my other dogs name is Roger (way before the smacko's ad) My cats name is Douglas and Bud was a rescued dog from the pound that had been flogged to death as a puppy. Didn't have the heart to change his name cause that's all he knew. He is a Ridge Back cross and once I shown him that people can give out love he has become the best dog of my life...Bud may sound sucky but it rolls off the tongue easy and that is what he is...my Bud...Sorry...

Edit: I forgot to name my cows....we have Blondy, Joelene...spelt that way cause I thought she was a he and called it Joe after my father in law(bloody umbilical cord fooled me) and I have my jet black Dexter bull called Vegemite...

Not giving you shit, just bud/cones/etc :P

Oh and anyone who is interested in saving a nice species of plant should keep watch for a phleb thread I will be starting soon :)

Not giving you shit, just bud/cones/etc :P

Ain't I thick and defensive...sorry dude... I'm copping shit elsewhere and connected the two....please forgive me..stupid I knowblush.gif

Edit: wish I had of seen it that way because at first I wanted to change his name...fits him perfectly nowbiggrin.gif

Edited by hutch

wow one of the best backyards ive ever seen it still needs a bit of work but its already 100 times better than mmine

how much rain do u get ova there cause u could get some shrooms just growing wild there especially with all the grass and cows u have

is jealous, very green nice pics m8.

wow one of the best backyards ive ever seen it still needs a bit of work but its already 100 times better than mmine

how much rain do u get ova there cause u could get some shrooms just growing wild there especially with all the grass and cows u have

We have had more rain than normal this year and way below average for the past 6...what does the future hold? Shrooms...NO....I don't know why....Spoors, spoors and more spores....blush.gif I just planted 21 plants......I will up load photos tomorrow...We wont eat this week but It's a startbiggrin.gif

About 4 years ago I planted a big lot of maidenii at a certain park in South Perth... still going strong and most plants are ~3m high now! South Perth Council has been looking after them well!

• Like 1

Really, people should be taking phyllodes from Acacia Acuminata... it is much easier to do and yields are often 1.5%

Make sure to spread the word about this! ~

Julian.