The Corroboree
ubza_1234

don't cha hate it when..

The last few days I'd been hearing this tinkly hi-speed tune every time there was a lull in the background city noise - sort of like a manic carillon - which I eventually decided must be the ringtone of a phone left behind by one of the builders who are working on the flat next door. After two days of that jangling I was cursing the thin walls and wondering why the damn thing hadn't run out of battery yet.

That should've been my first clue. Then at work today, in a different suburb, there were some rare quiet spells where I could still hear it.

So: don't cha hate it when that annoying song you've been hearing turns out to be some bizarre new kind of tinnitus coming from inside your own brain? I can't hear it without imagining some meth'd-up monk shouting "Allegro, allegro!" as he whips the carillonneurs....in the jingle-jangle morning I'll come following you, you bastard.

• Like 8

dchiw you get one of those international scam ring and hang up phone calls...  at 11:30pm... from Namibia...  and you accidentally pocket dial it the next morning...  whilst you're trying to talk to a boomgate operator via intercom... and your car hands free picks up the call...  and you're confused as fuck why you can't turn the damn radio down - which is squawking at you, seemingly in an entirely unrecognisable language...  and by the time you work out wtf is going on, you've been on their jacked-up prices international subscription call for over two minutes.  :ana:

and because they think they've found a 'live one' the fuckers ring you back later that day and hang up.

• Like 4

On 07/11/2017 at 10:11 AM, SayN said:

dchiw you get one of those international scam ring and hang up phone calls...  at 11:30pm... from Namibia...  and you accidentally pocket dial it the next morning...  whilst you're trying to talk to a boomgate operator via intercom... and your car hands free picks up the call...  and you're confused as fuck why you can't turn the damn radio down - which is squawking at you, seemingly in an entirely unrecognisable language...  and by the time you work out wtf is going on, you've been on their jacked-up prices international subscription call for over two minutes.  :ana:

and because they think they've found a 'live one' the fuckers ring you back later that day and hang up.

• Like 1

a heap of your trichos throw another pup on the exact same rib where a pup is already well established :blink:

Don’t you hate it when you try texting while driving at 100kph with your left hand (but you’re right-handed) and you completely lose control of the car; oversteer; roll the car on the freeway; remain conscious as the windscreen hits the road.. The car rights itself and you’re sitting there with glass everywhere and people looking at you in horror?

Then you spend the night in hospital in a torturous back-brace for a CT scan & x-rays because it was a “high impact crash” and they need to make sure you’re ok before discharging you? You lie there and stare at the ceiling for eight hours, thinking “this is suitable punishment for texting like an idiot”, and how much worse it all could have been?

Then by Wednesday night you’ve organised a cool new car thanks to a mechanic who may have the hots for you and cheated on you a few months ago because he got stupidly jealous, so he owes you one for breaking your heart?

Yeah, me too :lol:

P.S. No matter how good a driver you are - DON’T TEXT AND DRIVE.

• Like 1

Don't Cha hate it when... your charged for express postage and then  receive the parcel   5 days later which has been sent standard postage with a plant that looks worse for wear and the seller ignores your messages. Grr. 

• Like 2

When the postman (or an auspost contractor) leaves a parcel on your doorstep for the world to see when he could have put it behind the massive fucking terracotta pot that is 2ft away and has a generous gap between itself and the wall...

Fucking dickheads

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gimli said:

When the postman (or an auspost contractor) leaves a parcel on your doorstep for the world to see when he could have put it behind the massive fucking terracotta pot that is 2ft away and has a generous gap between itself and the wall...

Fucking dickheads

you too?

mine was yesterday , i cant fault a sunday delivery willingness but when you fall over it later in the evening and its a great big case of sanpellegrino you wonder why they didnt knock or ring the doorbell..

maybe should set up traps like in apocolypto but using something smaller on the spikes like maybe toothpicks if you can ID which one it was so as not to shoot the wrong guy?

• Like 1

dchiw you get ripped off. pretty brazen too. serves me right for trusting randos i guess.

• Like 1

gah dont you just hate it when one of the good people gets ripped off , makes ya wanna go out and shoot the perps for them as if it had happened to yourself or something..

i hope they have their hands firmly stuck in their pockets, trip over a brick into some dog shit and roll over broken glass tryna get up and then accidentally down some concrete and metal staircase for ya

whats a rando if i may?

dont cha hate it when you agree and empathise and then realize there's a part in it you don't understand?

^ random

• Like 1

When a kamikaze myna bird flies head first at your car and gets stuck between the AC condenser and the grille and then you have to pull half the front end off to get the bastard out because the dog is trying to dig it out.  It's the second time it's happened, the last time it was a pigeon. So far this car has been hit by a wallaby, a dog and about 8 birds, I'm starting to wonder if animals can't see silver.

bird1.JPG 

bird1.JPG

bird1.JPG

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Sallubrious said:

When a kamikaze myna bird flies head first at your car and gets stuck between the AC condenser and the grille and then you have to pull half the front end off to get the bastard out because the dog is trying to dig it out.  It's the second time it's happened, the last time it was a pigeon. So far this car has been hit by a wallaby, a dog and about 8 birds, I'm starting to wonder if animals can't see silver.

bird1.JPG 

I hope you snapped its neck. Fucking pests.

dont cha hate it when you died on Friday night but don't remember it till Monday morning.

• Like 2

Dont cha hate it when a web page you use frequently goes from free to monthly subscription :-(

• Like 1

They don't know what caused this one yet. Could be typhoons. Could be another fucking dickhead capt'n dropping/dragging the boat anchor.

• Like 1

When an ebay seller cancels an order of an item you won but has no mention of "can't send to WA" in the item description

Guess I'm not getting TBM...

don't cha hate it when you can't hate it snowing anymore ... i guess some things are loved to hate which flashbacks to an erasure song really ..

the annual march of the mosquitos. I know they play an important role in pollenisation and shit, but when they wake me up night after night with trying to get blood out of my earhole to raise a family, cos it's too hot to close the window but too poor for fly screening the fuk'n the things....parasite conundrum.... bill gates, get yer shit together already......however, being woken from my dreams four times in one night with the "bzzzzzzzz" does actually verge on lucid dreaming, or, allow me a few moments of dream respite/contemplation to briefly analyse what my subconscious is trying to tell me while i find and kill my personal bzzzzzer,  and then resuming the dream state...like the intermission at the movies, several times over, interesting learning state but i'd prefer a decent night's sleep. you fucking malaria spawning,disease transmitting, bite welting, motherfuckers Fuck Off...ah, feel better already.....

• Like 4