The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
LikeAshesWeFade

Heimia Salicifolia

Very interested in this wonderful herb that hasn't been looked into enough! As far as my understanding goes, this plant is legal to do whatever you want with it. Most of my research on this plant seems to point to it being quite a decent substitute to MJ, producing quite a relaxed, euphoric and well-being state?

Can anyone back this up for me? I have 4 on order and have recently quit the MJ, as it's just a bloody joke what you get for your moneys worth thesedays! sad.gif

Cheers guys! biggrin.gif

Edited by planthelper
tag

there was quite an extensive thread on here from last year about using heimia for benzo withdrawals. tstantra seems to have done a fair amount of research/experiment with the plant. Mescalito and others have used it to great affect with benzo WD's...

My personal exp with it isn't that much... but I think that was more from my method of using it. I was trying to use it as a tea rather than smoking it. I found the smoke too reminiscent of ganja and just that alone produces anxiety in me.

There is a good deal of knowledge on the forum here if you look around. Something that I remember is that it needs to be cured properly. I don't really remember how though, could be in the sun?

peace

I wouldnt say its 'like MJ' or a particular 'MJ substitute' but if your getting off MJ you may find that one or two cigs of heimia can mellow you out nicely with no real apparent drawbacks when smoked for most people. It also seemed to help me with headaches.

i agree with Auxin,

not really much in the euphoria side of things but a very nice relaxant

one big cones worth put into a red bull can bong, tastes rather mid way...actaully quite refreshing when compared to pot, no aftertaste...smoking equivilant compared to chewing parsley.

no immediate effect after 3 minutes.

5 minutes decide to top up with another heimia puff, so far nothing extraordinary. seems to me that nothing will happen i just get that feeling.

Edited by santiago

Its nothing like MJ. Ashwagandha is far more interesting for mine.

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

so here i am.............no result, heimia is a great legal alternative but seriously no effect.

yet to try a tea but i dont think i would bother, thats the easiest way to answer it..........with the truth.

Yeah I heard that somewhere in QLD several years back there used to be Heimia pills going around. I guess it's only a very mild relaxant and maybe effects alot of people differently.

Guess I'll try it myself and see how it goes! :) Cheers for your input guys!

isn't the main sort of external, (for want of better description) distortion auditory? And doesn't it affect vision by making things seem yellow? I suppose I could use the wealth of information the internet provides but I'm just kinda discussing it here instead lolz.

In my other post above I wasn't suggesting the affects were like ganga, just the taste of the smoke... sort of tasted to me like smoking ganja leaf a bit and just that taste makes me feel anxious.

with Sinicuichi i noticed a nice stoning effect no euphoria.

i didnt cure it in any special way, just let it dry out in my room. tasted a bit shit tho so i mixed it with Salvia officinalis and it tasted/smelt much nicer

It's been a real help in my case,I hadn't used it before tantra brought it to the table(thanks man and kindness for sending me some).

I've found the whole yellow vision and auditory hallucination thing to be non-existent,but I don't smoke much in one day/session maybe?

As Auxin said it's helped me with tinnitus and headaches especially,tho it's caused tinnitus at times?

Mainly I use it in conjunction with chamomile tea in the mornings and it eases lower back/shoulder and neck tension.

When picked and cured at the right time it's more potent for sure and the smell and taste is DIVINE:wub:

It should smell and taste berry-like,like strawberry.....sweet.

And yep it is calming not stimulating like say pot might be for example.

and it eases lower back/shoulder and neck tension.

exactly what i use it for,

i like to quid around 3 to 5 tips each around 2 inch long to help ease neck/shoulder cramps.(the lower amount of tips used are in hot weather as the plant seems stonger then)

it has cut my reliance on pain killers,

cannot thank t.s.tantra enough for introducing(and suppling)this plant.

• Like 1

yes do read up on tst's method.

i remember i tried it in a tea a long time ago, a while later, i was in a-LOT of pain... not to sound hypochondriac... but seriously, my whole body ached. actually pretty scary. and no effects...

but yes, i've heard good things about mentioned "tst's method".

When picked and cured at the right time it's more potent for sure and the smell and taste is DIVINE:wub:

It should smell and taste berry-like,like strawberry.....sweet.

You can't give me more specific info. on this? i have 3 of em myself, just babies tho ^^

[/u]

(the lower amount of tips used are in hot weather as the plant seems stronger then)

Excellent information, thanks for sharing. This is exactly the type of feedback we need on this species.

I am certain there is an optimal time of harvest for this one. Does anyone have any ideas on time of year, time of day etc that this species was harvested traditionally?

been wondering for a while about the effects reported online from using uncured heimia and thinking it seems like it could be hydrogen cyanide poisoning ?

t s t .

strongest effects from regrowth after heavy pruning in spring ?

strongest effects from regrowth after heavy pruning in spring ?

i think heavy regrowth in summer after the drought is broken, makes the best material.

one can prune them down to almost the ground level, and this will encourage good new and virgorous shoots.

at times i forgot to water some heimia plants kept in pots, and all the foliage and stems had dried up and died,

but once they were given water, they jumped back to life, with a good growth rate.

to harvest periodicly the whole plant down to the ground level, means aswell you will get less seed pods in your

herb. i know the seeds are aswell potent and get processed with the rest of the material,

but if you don't prune the plant hard, they will produce almost only seeds, on hardly any green herb.

PH you seem to have a bit of knowledge with this plant, i thought i would ask here rather than start a new thread..

is it possible to take heimia cuttings and is there any particular method to use to get them to root or is it fairly easy?

i think it would be possible to take cuttings from this plant, but i have never done so.

thats because it's very easy to probagate by seed.

if you don't want to wait for seedlings to grow big, and you have a mother plant you could take cuttings from, i would try to divide the plant, like this you might get a few sections and all of them with roots already.

i think to remeber that some people took cuttings of this plant, without much trouble.

if you cut off a say 30cm long piece of the mother, and cut that into, 4 sections of 3 node'd cuttings you will end up with cuttings of different wood texture (ranging from hard wood to soft wood cutting), than if some of them strike you know for the future which wood was the best for probagation.

the harder the wood, the longer they take to form roots, but it avoids damping off.

the softer the wood, the faster they will strike, but more cuttings might die of rot.

get the balance and you are a winner.

but the seasons have aswell a big influence on your sucess rate and speed of rooting.

very easy from cuttings....i use hardwood ones from heavy prunnings....just push em in the soil water n wait.no hormones needed,

t s t .