The Corroboree
Rocketman

Kanna Sceletium tortuosom

Hi I'm interested in the anxiolytic effects of this plant and would like to study it. In order to do so I need to be able to purchase it as an extracted alkaloid or grow it from cutting or seed. If so any information as to useful solvents to extract it would be good and which part of the plant has the highest concentration ie. mesembrine. Cheers

Herbalistics usually have kanna/kougoed for sale, the also have info on the website for DIY preparation, and give a reference to a paper that discusses alkaloid concentration in different parts of the plant. You may have trouble finding a more concentrated form of mesembrine and related compound locally.

check out planthelpers sceletium extraction on this forum,

it's the original and the best, and my work was what inspired the herbalistics team,

unfortunately, they never gave me any credit, but copied all my ideas.....

it's the original and the best, and my work was what inspired the herbalistics team,

What are the differences between the Griffonia Simplicifolia and Kanna? I am taking 5-HTP at the moment and am wondering if using Sceletium aswell would cause more bad than good.

^ - Scrap that.. haha I just realised it is nothing like 5-HTP.. I dunno what bloody plant I was thinking about that is similar to the Griffonia. But Sceletium.. This is DEFINITELY something I must look into!

Edited by LikeAshesWeFade

Maybe u shood "gently" remind him of this point - no-one should tolerate plagiarism - it's my pet hate :angry: .

But i digress.

Darren has always been prompt and diligent whenever i've dealt with him. His B**z pwdr is adequate at 1g and > levels.

Your tek for the sceletium extract/fermentation process is replicable and enjoyable. More power to ya Ph

Great read.

peace

Edited by etherealdrifter

Maybe u shood "gently" remind him of this point - no-one should tolerate plagiarism - it's my pet hate :angry: .

But i digress.

Darren has always been prompt and diligent whenever i've dealt with him. His B**z pwdr is adequate at 1g and > levels.

Oh by the way, your tek for the sceletium extract/fermentation process is replicable and thus sound. More power to ya Ph

Great read.

peace

Thanks it's dinner time now so I will digest the links included in all your posts. Thanks to all for so many replies in such a short space. I will surely have a few questions afterwoods. I will post as soon as poss.

Planthelper could you please post a hyperlink to your post regarding the extraction of the alkaloid as I am unable to find it even when using the search bar with this website cheers

Planthelper could you please post a hyperlink to your post regarding the extraction of the alkaloid as I am unable to find it even when using the search bar with this website cheers

Hey dude, you might also be interested in looking for some Aptenia Cordifolia, from what I've heard it's meant to be a decent substitute to Kanna. :) Can't seem to find any proven research on it though.. everything seems to point straight to Sceletium for the full effects.

Edited by LikeAshesWeFade

I will have a look though I still would like some info on extraction of the alkaloids

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16913&view=&hl=sceletium extraction&fromsearch=1

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2618&view=&hl=sceletium extraction&fromsearch=1

(i think post 25 is interressting)

but unfortunately, it seems, i might have posted the sceletium a/b tek at the old EB.

anyway, sceletium is not a kind material to work with, but any standard a/b will do the trick. as a solvent you can use only dcm or chloroform. if you use, say shellite as a puller, the yield will be close to zero,

but maybe it's realy good stuff. the raw alkaloid mixture is an oil.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2006&view=&hl=sceletium extraction&fromsearch=1

i know of another tek by fractalhead and psychoO and other good info.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1833&hl=sceletium extraction&st=0

Edited by planthelper

Hey dude, you might also be interested in looking for some Aptenia Cordifolia, from what I've heard it's meant to be a decent substitute to Kanna. :) Can't seem to find any proven research on it though.. everything seems to point straight to Sceletium for the full effects.

We have done experiments on Aptenia and reported the results back here to the community.

My experience is generally, stick to the Sceletium species. Addition of the roots into the fermentation bag seems to increase the potency.

Spoke to someone yesterday who has been using Sceletium without fermentation, but generally I like to follow the traditional prep where possible.

great to have you around again apo!

it seems that, the yellow, old and sceletisised leaves and stems are getting used without fermentation.

btw, i love the taste of fermented sceletium.