The Corroboree

does anyone have any information about the different uses of neem. ?

thanks

Smells horrid, does fuck all.

It is very popular in sub continent. Used for cosmetics and in traditional medicine and in the treatment of a wide range of afflictions. It is apparently useful as a skincream for skin problems. It is not used in preparing food afaik.

i have only used the oil myself, it is invaluable for skin conditions like nappy rash, thrush, ringworm. soothes insect bites and hives. i believe it has some kind of steroidal effect.

the tree itself can grow in very arid conditions, so is important in this regard too

Thanks heaps.

I have been using it as a poison free solution to cat fleas, works a treat.

It is very hard to find and really expensive from health food shops etc, like 30 to 40 bucks for a tiny bottle.

I just bought a litre online for 65 bucks so now I have so much of it I was interested in any other uses.

thanks again

I have been using it as a poison free solution to cat fleas, works a treat.

How do you use it on your cat? Sounds interesting :)

yep i bought a litre too. almost through the litre now it has so many uses.

i have also used it to cure scabies.

on cats it is great for ringworm which does not look like a ring on cats but flaky skin

you can make your own head lice treatment with it (cheaper than the store stuff and better), or treat your sucker pests with it.

beautyfull tree, resembling white cedar. the indians use it even in there tooth paste!

i put it in the reservoir of my airponic grow to keep bugs down esp. spider mite.

i've read that villages in india have a neem tree as the meeting spot in the centre of the village, as the neem tree aledgedly keeps away bugs it is a pleasant spot to meet with-out hordes of flies and they make a big tree so great shade.