The Corroboree
Sola

Wikileaks media coverage

well, one aspect of it could be that they have lots of people analyse it pretty thoroughly before releasing it.

I suspect they hold onto the leaks for leverage and keep people second guessing what they have and don't have.
I agree with wikileaks putting this treasure trove out via a hundred mini-releases. When the iraq and afghanistan leaks were made it was news in the US for about 4 days, and then us short attention span zombies lost interest and forgot about it before more than 0.01% of the leaked documents had even been mentioned! A slow release is the only way to get the leaks across to americans.

As for what gets leaked when, yeah thats open to being taken advantage of, but at the very least this guys proven himself more reliable than any politician I can name so if someone has to be in charge of those decisions it might as well be him.

• Like 1

Guest svarg26

there would be peace if the zionists were all dead. i am not left or right, but it's nice that people feel the need to label themselves as something. nice one. i can't wait to see you all bow down to your lefty (or whatever floats your boat) god julian assange, when the internet has been shutdown.

keep up the good work guys.

peace ;)

there would be peace if the zionists were all dead.

I suspect that this attitude is itself indicative (at least partly) of why we don't have 'peace'. I don't think that you can fix the world via intolerance and hate, if this were the case it would be fixed already. While I do appreciate that you would say that it's the 'zionists' who are full of hate and intolerance, the way you express your opinion makes you seem no better.
  • Like 2

"If only the struggle between good and evil were so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere

insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them.

But the line of good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"

- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Like 1

The label was tongue in cheek. I'll put it this way, "freedom fighters" or "peace keepers" and not in the orwellian double speak sense. The fight is a constant struggle against our own daemons and the convenient projection of them onto some omnipotent conspiracy scapegoat so that we can sleep well at night knowing our hate is directed at the right place! ...and an extra super special wink to you :wink:

Every time you speak hate, nay even feel hate (y'know all them lower vibrations in hippie talk) you co-conspire with the forces of evil. Become a "useful idiot" and don't even know of your complicity as you make an effort to instill hate by blaming some seemingly omnipotent political group. (or any scapegoat for that matter)

Stop giving them the power, even just through your state of mind, even by trying to convince others that it's all their fault you make them more powerful as the almighty scapegoat of all your own misdirected projections - that they would happily direct at themselves as this gives them power over you.

You can't hate and blame zionists for being weak and possessed by this negative energy allowing them to perform such atrocious acts, as doing so allows this energy to possess you as well. It's an eye for an eye that got us all half blind to begin with. It's all unconscious and a call to sleep and death, hey if you're feeling tired by it all then sleep well, I'm trying to wake up!

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1

Guest svarg26

sending my feelings of joy and love to the palestinians won't help them. by the time the world has awakened from its slumber, it will be too late for everyone. the zionists are a different species and don't play by your new age rules. maybe some research into who funds the new age movement is in order.

i believe in peace. but i also believe in self preservation.

when it comes down to it, which one would you choose?

peace.

I will say that giving as much as you can back, as well as remaining in a stable centred state of mind, whilst maintaining compassion and empathy but not malice and weakness is the only way forward to positive change. (saying that I could give a lot more)

From my own personal experience typically "negative" emotions drain me of energy and the ability to make any meaningful positive change. And i can not be happy when feeling hateful. If I remember to remember to remain mindful and I become conscious of this emotional trap I've set up for myself I can easily climb out again and I feel I've learned from it, whereas had I just ran with it I'd also learn but it'd be a more dramatic lesson.

Consider the effects of world war II. The german people got into some real bad scapegoating and got manipulated by these forces. Now we can all say at least we learned a lesson. But haven't we learned it a few times too many by now?

I rather be productive than prejudiced. On a personal level I can see the effect that "sending my feelings of joy and love" has on my immediate surroundings, and i know the effectiveness of propagating hate is easy as hell when you feel weak and powerless and give your power to those you blame (it's an energy trade). This rhetoric if told to masses of people must have a compounding effect multiplying the draining feeling and lack of effectiveness I experience on a personal level.

These may be new age ideas, I don't know how prone to suggestion my mind is. Apparently my personal experience of all this is seeded by your zionist conspiracy. I don't care if I'm right or wrong but I know I rather learn from my own experiences than other peoples ideas.

I will say this, that in as much as wikileaks brings light to the shadows it is a force of good. However this double edged sword, through exposing these dark shadows can have people feel disillusioned in the morality of their governments and it could cause again these negative emotions to emotionally bash us into submission. I see it as an opportunity to lift the veil and stop believing lies. It maybe timed well to discredit certain governments and institutions and not others but surely the public should see it discredits all governments in the forms they take now.

Edited by The Dude

The leaked facilities document is causing some stir...

But I think Wikileaks are just walking the walk...total transparency and no self-censorship (which in some cases is worse than censorship). The best democracies are messy, loud and uncompromising.

Maybe I am being a relativist terrorist. :devil:

Keep'em coming. The more dialog there is within our societies in regards to issues of 'security', transparency and accountability, the better off we will be.

Edited by Dale Cooper
  • Like 1

Guest svarg26

passive resistance is removing oneself from the grid, becoming self sufficient and only using cash. to put it simply, stop buying their crap. if everyone did this, their banks and corporations would crumble and then the people could arrest them and prosecute the zionists for crimes against humanity.

negative energy doesn't give them their power. money is their source of power. stop the cash flow and you stop them.

passive resistance does not mean kneeling down and putting your head on the chopping block. projecting positive energy around the globe is fantastic, but it wont affect change. the new age movement has stifled the natural human urge to take positive action.

remove the fuel from which the cancer feeds and the cancer dies.

is that hateful and negative or just plain smart.

having positive energy is all good and dandy, but it's the practical use of that positive energy that will overthrow the zionist scourge.

my empathy makes me want to do something to help the situation facing humanity. sitting on my hands will help no one.

take action before it's too late.

Live with the WikiLeakable world or shut down the net. It's your choice

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2010/dec/06/western-democracies-must-live-with-leaks

These leaks spell doom for web freedom

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1335699/WikiLeaks-cables-These-leaks-spell-doom-web-freedom.html

go julian!!!!!!! you da man!

Edited by svarg26
  • Like 1

The last post you made actually made sense and didn't call for hate, aggression, violence and death. Don't we all feel that much better now? :lol:

I totally agree with every point you made in that post! ...well apart from the real life effect that our emotions have on our surroundings. Feeling positive and centred and confident allows you to ACT in such a way and changes the emotional state of those around you - possibly allowing them to act positively too. Feeling downtrodden and hateful and powerless might just have you kill someone to feel powerful again. In fact that seems to be the modus operandi of war - nothing to do with security or revenge, it's a vicarious power trip.

Passive resistance to the system, active assistance of our communities. I think we can all agree on that... unless your a fascist capitalist swine.

Edited by The Dude

IMO- its a very very smart propaganda system.

All this negative media about top secret files. To me, it seems someone wants u to see them....

• Like 1

I definitely agree with svarg26's last post, through only spending your money where you think that organisation, company is worthy

then you get to vote more often than just every couple of years.

I would never call for violence as there will as many people pointed out here be someone else to take their place unless you fix the

problems that initially lead someone on that path. For example why are there so many murders in the USA? When you break it down it's

quite simple, lots of weapons with people that have often been taught how to use them, a reasonably large percentage of the population

that has actually been to a 'conflict zone' and a less than adequate education for the poorer people. Put those elements together anywhere

and I think you would have similar results. The Romans probably had trouble keeping order in areas of high density es-serviceman as well.

Anyone who has personally known people who have survived war knows that they are changed forever. Everyone reacts differently;

you do the odds and some will react in a way that does not help a harmonious society.

BTW I'm really pleased I found this site as I didn't know/ hadn't met too may people who could see through the everyday for what it really is.

Thankyou

ok there are 2 trains of thought on this subject.

this assange guy is just an attention seeker.............or he's actually trying to do something constuctive.

the rape charges have been dropped and he has now plea bargained for the weirdest charge there may possibly be which is ''sex by suprise" and thats genuine....believe it or not.

this guy will go down in history and im neither for or against him but possibly and im saying possibly the history books may write in no specific order hitler, hussein, bush, obama, assange.

this is not a negative for the USA, all these documents have shown is that sure uncle USA has some opinions on world leaders......and they have every right to do that, its not against the law.

what it does highlight is that the USA has put alot of effort, time and money into trying to solve the worlds problems,making a real effort to do the right thing not just for the good of a nation but for the good of the world, even if moralistically they are wrong on some levels this wikileaks scandal shows the good side of USA's intentions and not the bad.

leaked cables confirmed that the US were aware that the city of Falujah, post the 2004 bombing,experienced "higher rates of cancer, leukemia, infant mortality, and sexual mutations than those recorded among survivors in Hiroshima and Nagasaki."

article

"The Iraqi city of Fallujah continues to suffer the ghastly consequences of a US military onslaught in late 2004.

According to the authors of a new study, “Cancer, Infant Mortality and Birth Sex-Ratio in Fallujah, Iraq 2005–2009,” the people of Fallujah are experiencing higher rates of cancer, leukemia, infant mortality, and sexual mutations than those recorded among survivors in Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the years after those Japanese cities were incinerated by US atomic bomb strikes in 1945."

this is not an issue of embaressing diplomacy, it is an issue of crimes against humanity, grave breaches of the same human rights they get righteous about.

there is no symmetry here.

• Like 2

Guest svarg26

i am glad to have finally cleared up my position on the issue at hand. my veiled tongue in cheek reference to have julian assassinated was only a call for justice. it was never my intention to promote the use of violence as a peace keeper.

take care.

peace.

• Like 2

PROTEST TO DEFEND JULIAN ASSANGE AND WIKILEAKS, AND STOP THE SUPRESSION OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH RALLY ON WORLD HUMAN RIGHTS DAY, FRIDAY DECEMBER 10, 4.30PM AT THE STATE LIBRARY, MELBOURNE

brisbane protest

sydney protest

IMO- its a very very smart propaganda system.

All this negative media about top secret files. To me, it seems someone wants u to see them....

finally, someone said it.

• Like 1

The leaked facilities document is causing some stir...

But I think Wikileaks are just walking the walk...total transparency and no self-censorship (which in some cases is worse than censorship). The best democracies are messy, loud and uncompromising.

Maybe I am being a relativist terrorist. :devil:

Keep'em coming. The more dialog there is within our societies in regards to issues of 'security', transparency and accountability, the better off we will be.

Ya, most of the countries that have nice open dialog tend to be rather boring countries where nothing much happens.

Messy, loud and uncompromising - hmm sounds like our parliament!

what it does highlight is that the USA has put alot of effort, time and money into trying to solve the worlds problems,making a real effort to do the right thing not just for the good of a nation but for the good of the world, even if moralistically they are wrong on some levels this wikileaks scandal shows the good side of USA's intentions and not the bad.

I don't know if you've seen the doco 'world without the USA'. It's a fairly general documentary but does present both sides of the coin. On one hand here are the US rampaging through the world guns toting but on the other hand is the often too common failure of endless happy touchy feely diplomatic meetings that never get anything acheived on the ground. Yugoslavia is a case in point.

Its easy to bag the US but much harder to imagine where we'd all be without them.

besides the wikileaks scandal i think the USA is just starting to regain momentum....they have had a taste over the last few years and since 911 of what it may be like to not be the ruler of the free world and i dont think they like it, and i dont like it either........without the USA we are stuffed, you talk about mods on a forum...USA is the bloody super mod/admin rolled into one...and im glad were on there side.

the giant has been hibernating and down for an 8 count but you better watch out the rest of the world who thought that whilst the USA were down they would come out and play, you did come out and play but you did fuck all for the good of greater humanity and im just glad i have the USA for a big brother because china and the middle east are about to get squashed in the coming decades, just you wait and see.

Guest svarg26

so the USA are the good guys. hmmmm, ok. selling weapons to all who have the money and war mongering for decades on almost every continent. what would we do without them. not to mention creating israhell. humanity owes them a big hug for that one. thank christ we have the good old US of A.

without america getting involved, germany would have won the war and we would all be living in a peaceful world, without the plague of usurious zionist banks. imagine that. there is a reason people cheered when the germans rolled in, because that meant the banks were on their way out.

"ruler of the free world"

who is free and what world are you referring to?

slaving for 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week in a cubicle or working in a factory like a dog and then getting an allowance that is taxed 75%. they give you a big screen tv, a circus and some cake and you thank them for their generosity. you call that freedom. i feel sorry for anyone who thinks that is something worth fighting for.

some people clearly have no idea what freedom is.

and that saddens me.

wikileaks is the circus and the end of the internet will be your cake. i wonder if you will thank them for that as well?

i dare say you will.

• Like 2

so the USA are the good guys. hmmmm, ok. selling weapons to all who have the money and war mongering for decades on almost every continent. what would we do without them. not to mention creating israhell. humanity owes them a big hug for that one. thank christ we have the good old US of A.

without america getting involved, germany would have won the war and we would all be living in a peaceful world, without the plague of usurious zionist banks. imagine that. there is a reason people cheered when the germans rolled in, because that meant the banks were on their way out.

"ruler of the free world"

who is free and what world are you referring to?

slaving for 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week in a cubicle or working in a factory like a dog and then getting an allowance that is taxed 75%. they give you a big screen tv, a circus and some cake and you thank them for their generosity. you call that freedom. i feel sorry for anyone who thinks that is something worth fighting for.

some people clearly have no idea what freedom is.

and that saddens me.

wikileaks is the circus and the end of the internet will be your cake. i wonder if you will thank them for that as well?

i dare say you will.

You like to use propaganda to get your point across huh?

Sometimes i'll agree with the messages you try and put out, but when you exaggerate and use loaded propaganda words like 'israhell' it's hard to take you seriously.

Do you honestly think without the 'zionists' the world would be living a wonderful and equal life? People need to be controlled and people like controlling over people so there's never going to be a shortage of controllers. Or maybe that's just the mindset fed to me by the zionists? (you can ignore that question if you want, afterall it is me putting words in your mouth)

and santiago, wtf?

(my empahasis)

I think you should calm down and think about what you are saying. I don't have time to get into this right now, nor am I convinced that this thread belongs in the 'Legal Matters' area. Regardless, I object very strongly to what you are saying. I think that your ethics are deeply compromised and internally inconsistent. Your suggestions regarding how we could have had a 'peaceful world' are without practical or theoretical foundation or evidence. If Germany had won the war, we have no way of knowing how things would be now in terms of peace. And even if there were peace (as in lack of conflict), I think it repellent to suggest that it could justify the means by which it was attained.

• Like 2