The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mandragora

Datura metel seeds?

Guest mandragora

Hello all of you, have you some of this, I got some of reville, but I don't know what I have done wrong with them, two are now up, but they look not happy, so I am after them again, so if somebody can help me please e-mail me.

Thanks

I've got plenty of meteloides seeds, but not metel...

hmmm....gonna put more effort into growing metel I s'pose

yep i got some of the metel at eb2 which are supposed to be fragrant or doubles or something. still waiting on them to poke on through.

Guest reville

Hi people

they came up for me but the bloody snails got all but one. Which is happy and at another location.It should flower early as its overwintered so ther'll be nice fresh seed soon enough

By the time i get back itll be nice and warm in perth (fingers crossed) and ill get started on my summer plantings - I have to sort out this godawful mess with the starmonium varietiesas well. And get piccys of everything.

I have a small amount of D.metel seed S.A.B 'purple'.

The parent plant is coming back for a second season, so I'll have some more seed coming.

I'm also waiting for a double purple variety to germinate.

P.S Rev, thanks for those B.sanguinea seeds almost all of them have come up.

P.P.S D.fer(ral)ox is on it's way wink.gif

Guest reville
Originally posted by Adrian:

I'm also waiting for a double purple variety to germinate.

P.S Rev, thanks for those B.sanguinea seeds almost all of them have come up.

P.P.S D.fer(ral)ox is on it's way   wink.gif

Thanks Adrian. In future can you post a picture of the double purple and of the purple. Theres a strain i saw once when i didnt know what datura was and it was gorgeous. Ive decide that this summer it is the year of the datura in my garden.

I have a few more Sanguina seed. Its only getting older - if youd be willing to grow them out i can earmark them for you.Itd be nice to see them offerred in the greenhouse.

This plant should do well in the southwest of WA in frost free areas, it grows in adelaide and i figure itll do well in melbourne too.

Hi people,

We've been briefly reunited with our babies in qld, and have come to find a fair few seeds on the Datura metel purple triple flower form that i donated to AFSR some time ago. The fruit are still a bit on the green side, but i reckon we'll be able to get some more seed for people via AFSR.

Cheers

Fractal

Guest reville

Thanks Fractal

this is the seed i was referring to- it must be a character of the seed as the ones you sent and the ones gem sent both have that crinkled appearnce unlike the regualr Metel.

I'd be very happy to grow more B.sanguinea.

There are many plants growing around here but it seems that there is very little genetic diversity.

It would be great to get more seed grown plants out and about.

Guest reville

Adrian, how do youfigure little biodiversity?

Given thsi species reluctance to grow from cuttings isnt it more likely that these are seed trees?

Have you tried hand pollination between individuals?

I tried between some doanted polllen and my yellow sanguina but no seed set when i left.

Grafting is going to be essentail in replicating this rare type.

sanguinas root where branches touch the ground,these can then be removed and re planted.this is how i obtained most of my sanguinas,i strip mostfoliage at the time.

and i'd like some triple metel seeds.

t s t .