The Corroboree
WoodDragon

A plug for the SAB shop

I bought some seeds and plants from the SAB shop last week, and as ever I am extremely impressed with the health of the plants and the care that's taken to package them safely.

I suspect that many here probably just come straight to the Corroboree for discussions and trade, and forget that there's a decent shop here too*. I'd urge those who haven't popped in there for a while to go and have a wander - it's really a great place to get stuff.

Two thumbs up Torsten!

:worship:

(*Maybe there should be a link from the Corroboree back to the shop...?)

Edited by WoodDragon

I agree. As easy as it is to delete everything after the .com a link would be nice :)

I ordered a Psychotria V on Friday :rolleyes:

I love SAB, A wonderful store indeed and always so much in stock.

Really good work Torsten :lol:

another very good feature of the shop are the writte ups about every plant, as they are a wealth of information.

• Like 1

edit

Edited by bogfrog

another very good feature of the shop are the writte ups about every plant, as they are a wealth of information.

true that.

found heaps of good info on germination/cultivation there.

thanks guys. there will be some changes very soon, but hopefully they will all be for the better ;)

Torsten, are your P. somnif seeds washed?

Torsten, are your P. somnif seeds washed?

We sell the seeds as they are supplied by GSK. I would presume this means that they are washed.

Poppy seeds are not just active because of the opiate alkaloid inside though. There is also oleamide on the inside, which has an interesting effect as a sedative.

I thought there were no real concentration of alkaloids inside the seed, and it was the pod-juice on the outsides that is the point of making seed tea? I also read somewhere that supposedly there's cannabinoids inside the seed as well as the oleamide? I couldn't find anywhere with a detailed breakdown of what's inside P. som seeds...

Is all Aus sourced seed washed before distribution now? I bought an amount from a spice store so I could try and make those Austrian pastries (YUM) and sprinkle a few in the garden because they're so beautiful. I don't want to make seed tea, the margin for error is too iffy for my liking, but I just want to know finitely what the go is.

Thanks, T :)

I'm quite new here, but have been ordering from SAB over the last few months or so, and i'd like to add that my experience has been great :lol:

Also quite surprised that the iboga plants haven't disappeared as fast as I thought they would.

If only customs didn't heat treat. :S

Removed. (Posted In wrong thread)

Edited by keller212

Gotta love the SAB Shop :)

Yep thanx T for my safe delivery of my three little aromatic plants, got them yesterday and found them packaged so well that it was an undertaking to unpack them!

But as a result of the awesome care in the way they were sent, they arrived in tip top condition and looking great!

Thanks again will definitely be ordering in the future and at those prices you'd be mad not to get something from the sab store. Cheers.

you think the stores nice.....i could get lost in the nursery for days on end....brilliant place to visit and even better to pick up a few cheap ethnos and get the low down on everything.

best accessible nursery in Aus hands down!

Great work!

2Deep, The nursery is in Qld?

you think the stores nice.....i could get lost in the nursery for days on end....brilliant place to visit and even better to pick up a few cheap ethnos and get the low down on everything.

best accessible nursery in Aus hands down!

Great work!

:wub::wub: The good thing about coming to the nursery is that for most species you can pick much larger plants for the same price as the small ones you get in the mail. We keep most stock also in 140mm pots and these usually sell at the same price as the 70mm pots - ie you get up to a year's growth for free.

[cacti are mostly excluded from that]

I might drive on down to the nursery for a trip one weekend :)

Edited by Kee

Erm, can someone point me in the direction of this magical place???

There's a link to the address on the SAB store

i agree, the key part for me is in relation to legalities :) even of plants they don't have in stock the elgal info is still there !

2Deep, The nursery is in Qld?

No Near Mullumbimby, But we drive down occasionally

Check This Link For Nursery Location !

:wub::wub: The good thing about coming to the nursery is that for most species you can pick much larger plants for the same price as the small ones you get in the mail. We keep most stock also in 140mm pots and these usually sell at the same price as the 70mm pots - ie you get up to a year's growth for free.

[cacti are mostly excluded from that]

Yup, got a nice big Cartha down there for a cheap as price. The wealth of first hand information is truly awesome. So many awesome plants there and some are getting so huge... [caps spree] BUY MORE PLANTS FROM THE STORE PEOPLE [/caps spree] I will be hoping to make another trip down in the not too distant future to get some more goodies. Are you allowed to stock Narrow leaf catha still T, or has catha officially been outlawed for sale ? If there are any going i would love for some to be set aside for me !!!

Also another great thing about the nursery is being able to wander and compare plants is far easier than trying to sift through the webstore to find what you are looking for. You never know you might even find some that aren't listed in the webstore ;)

One reccomendation for the webstore would be ability to search by common names and/or native names. May already be able to but i haven't found it. Not that it's a big deal now i have been studying up for a while i know most of the scientific names rather than the common names :)

Edited by DarkSpark