The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
solomon

Hydroponic Argyreia

i just put an a. nervosa seedling into a 50/50 mix of perlite and vermiculite and into my bubbler.

does anyone have any experience growing this hydro ? i couldnt find any info on google or here

Edited by centipede

Take pics and let us know how it went. I don't know shit about hydro though, I grow Argy the conventional way

hbwr seedling seemed to stall for a bit when i moved it from soil to perlite/verm but it is now growing again, faster than its siblings in soil. :)

will post pictures when its a bit bigger

Edited by centipede

What kind of soil did you use for your HBWRs? And what kind of pots?

I have used biodegradable pots, which I think are saturating the seeds too much. Probably another dead batch for me then, hehehehe. :/

cuttings often rot if kept under the water line i find. rooted plants are ok...but honestly, any container is going to slow growth, HBWR loves to be "let fre"...its just a big plant!

the other plants are in a mix of rich soil, pumice and some gravel for extra drainage. they are in the ground in a glasshouse as i read something i think kada said about them becoming almost instantly root bound in pots.

i also read somewhere that the roots grow down rather than out so taller pots would be best.

Did you give up on this project? I was thinking I might have an easier time getting HBR to flower indoors where I can control the light and humidity, and am considering DWC.

Six months ago this plant was so small it was being laughed at by friends and neighbors - not anymore!

It has actually grown a lot in the couple weeks since this photo was taken.Phoenix, AZ USA

WoodRose-2.jpg

• Like 2