The Corroboree
toast

EGA 10

I couldn't find a thread discussing you was planning to go to EGA10.

I've been to last the couple & had a great time.

EGA09 was incredible :drool2:

I'm heading down to EGA10 - just wondering who else is going?

yep, i'll be there.

cant wait.

Cheers, Obtuse

I wish I was going :( . Never mind, will have to wait til next year.

i'm planning on going!

i've got my ticket had it from the moment they went on-sale! :D

i went to ega09 too and it was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life!!!

i am just trying to work out a few minor details like getting to melb and finding a suitable place to stay... as close to the uni as possible im thinking so save time on travel!

im on a very low budget unfortunately so need to do it all on the cheap i'd hate to miss out

so far i've discovered i can get 1 way flights through tiger airways [heard dodgy things though] for $38 and found a backpackers for $23/night

this is the backpackers im considering... any suggestions are welcome if you know of somewhere better!!!

All Nations Backpackers - Melbourne Self-rated: 3

2 Spencer St, CBD, 3000 Melbourne

so basically ive approximated $130 should cover me getting to melb and home again and a roof over my head

i'm definently getting more and more excited about it... not long now!

:drool2:

ok... i think it's going to make more sense to travel via firefly coach $70 one way $60 on the way back... $130 + 2 nights accomodation @ Nomads All Nations Backpackers $46 = $176

if anyone else has a cheaper way for me to do this then please let me know but i doubt i'd get it any cheaper than that! [if only my ute used less fuel] hehe

this method makes more sense as the coaches arrive down the road from the backpackers compared to having to travel from the airport to the backpackers [extra travel expense]

i've travelled via coach before and it's like a 9 hour journey but alas... the first 9 hours into melb is overnight so my first nights accomodation is covered in the travel! hah

Edited by herbal_hindsight

I couldn't make it for both days, but thankfully I was lucky enough to get day passes for the Sunday. So... anyone who's around on the Sunday, I'll see you there.

Really looking forward to it. :)

Me! Pick me! I'm going. I wouldn't miss it for the world :wub:

EGA crew run a great event there and this year's line-up is particularly delicious.

Damn straight, Darklight. The lineups get better and better. Will be there with bells on.

Most definitely! This will be my fourth Ega wub.gif. I still remember picking up a flyer for Ega and seeing "Denis McKenna" on it. I was like ahhhhhhhhhh I gotta go! shroomer.gif

See you there everyone,

countless thanks to the SAB community over the years, for the help and support with EGA, without this forum it is very unlikely the connections would have taken place to make EGA what it is today.

There are only approximately 50 tickets remaining and if you have a concession or student card tickets are still very well priced for this kind of conference.

Less than two weeks, let the annual EGA pilgrimage begin :devil:

I'll be there! I guess I better be or darklight won't have anyone to humiliate :P

A female friend is looking for a single female to share a room with. Late 30's seasoned festival chick and allround awesome person. PM me if you are female and looking for a room buddy.

I'll be there! I guess I better be or darklight won't have anyone to humiliate :P

I hadn't given that idea any consideration at all until you bought it up.. hold onto your quantum thingys :devil:

• Like 1

:lol:

accommodation - check

notify work of fictitious health complication - pending

see y'all there

• Like 2

ill be there in spirit :rolleyes: ive left it a bit late.

My mate has recently pyked it :blink: so looks like I'll be going by myself.

If anyone is keen to meet up down there, PM me.

cheers

hey if anyone is making the drive down from say Newcastle or Sydney way and want my company do please let me know.

much love

cant wait to see yas all.

cheers, obtuse.

Ticket - CHECK!

Accomodation - CHECK!

Travel Arrangements - CHECK!

EXCITEMENT - CHECK!!!

Anyone else staying at the nomads backpackers?

Anyone else going from Adelaide?

I'm very much a newb to melbourne and don't know my way around at all let alone know whats worth checking out while i'm there!

If anyone wants to meet up before, during or after the event send me a PM!

:drool2::shroomer::blink::wacko::rolleyes::puke::blush::P

I'm going and absolutely pumped for it.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the 6:15am flight tomorrow morning, firstly because it means I'll be leaving my house at 5:30 and secondly because I hate flying...

W00t! I love going to these things! Stoked I got a ticket! Now I just gotta organise the rest, left it a bit late!

I guess Herbal Hindsight is the only other Adelaide-ian going (well at least posting on the forums) but I may as well ask if anybody from adelaide is driving up there, We could split the driving and petrol money. Otherwise I'll probably catch a coach cuz Tiger airways are pathetic, as much as I really enjoy flying (dream about being on a plane almost every other night).

Can't wait for the knowledge bomb and chillin' with ma peeps!

-Oh yeah, where's everyone staying at? May as well chill with ya at the backpackers you're all at.

I'm going and absolutely pumped for it.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the 6:15am flight tomorrow morning, firstly because it means I'll be leaving my house at 5:30 and secondly because I hate flying...

Look down on me whilst I am doing the 8 hour drive

I guess Herbal Hindsight is the only other Adelaide-ian going (well at least posting on the forums)

Nah, there's me as well. So that's 3 of us at least... Jeez, I guess the city will become a ghost town when we all leave, eh? :P