The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dr Psilocin

Acacia berlandieri

Hello,Im currently doing some extensive research into the acacia genus in Australia and i would like to pose a question to all those people here on the forum that are familiar with Acacia berlandieri , i am very interested to learn whether this particular strain grows in Australia, Now i know its not a native , But remember neither are many other acacia strains that have taken to our bush-lands, Many were introduced by American cattle and many other ways im sure !

Surely somebody here knows whether Acacia berlandieri is growing in Australia , It looks very similar to quiet a few strains i have located growing in my local bushland , However i am not certain whether its possible any of them are actually Acacia berlandieri , but i will certainly be going to take a look and see :)

post-6328-128931267295_thumb.jpg

mmm this plant is very interesting, i wonder if the chemical makeup (according to wiki) is correct. if it is then this plant seems quite promising.

sorry i'm not in australia so i dont know.

Extremely unlikely. In cultivation, maybe. Wild, like I said, extremely unlikely.

lots of people have been trying to source seed for a long time, but with no success. so no, I doubt it is established here. probably a good thign cos it is rather weedy. and there are several topics discussing the chemistry, the concensus of which appears to be that it is dirty labware.

also, they are called species, not strains.

If anyone has found a supplier of this and rigidula in the U.S shoot me a PM and I'll buy some bulk seed to get out :)

That's an Acacia Mearnsii in your photo OP. I don't mean to bump an old thread but this should help anyone who finds this page.

^ but not too helpful as it also resembles filicifolia, dealbata, parramatensis, and innumerable other lookalikes..