The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

synchromesh

"Get back to work. Get back your life."

Can anybody tell me what the point of this frigging advert is? Because all I got from it is this:

* The government wants to put an end to Work Cover.

* It would be reasonable for a boss to fire you shortly after one of his machines have mangled you.

* All you've got in your life is your shitty 9 to 5er, and you should be bloody happy that you've even got that.

Do we still have advertising regulators in this country, or what? :angry:

saw that ad tonight was the SA work cover add yeah

been dealing with work cover & insurance company's doctors :wave-finger: etc etc for yrs & almost laughed when i saw the new add

Their new policy seems to be send you to center-link & make you work X amount of hours for $450 a fortnight :BANGHEAD2: ohh & medical certificates etc dont make a difference once the insurance co/ work cover pass you on to center-link they have their own work capacity assessors

ok rant over For Now

fucking government pigs. greedy motherfuckers who only care about themselves because theyve already 'made it' and are rich as hell.

The gubnment can Get Farked as far as I'm concerned. I pay my taxes so they can bite my - rhetorical - bag.

i just wish they would give me a job!!!

man getting a government job is excruciating. went for a case managers job with centrelink, which required a 10 page essay addressing the selection criteria (no shit) then a 2 month wait before i heard from them, which was 2 days notice for the interview. Interview was by four managers from centrelink, with a scribe in there jotting everything i said down. then they call referees and send what the referees said about u with the interview away to delegates in canberra, who after another month decide who they want. they rang me up to tell me i was in the top two but nuhhh no cigar.

as far as jobs go i reckon government jobs are the bomb. 35 hr week, 9 day fortnight, most entry positions are 60k.

but man to get one is absolute torture. got my application in for some housing commision jobs now so fingers crossed. it is the same community service jargon bs that the centrelink one entailed, so maybee with some hindsight ill have a better chance.

the "get back to work, get back your life" is a lil wack though.

I guess the govt is thinking solely about the economy, less benefits payed out and more labour for the market. Not so sure how concerned about "lives" they are.

I really dont think you hafto work or have money to be truly happy.

getting into the workforce whilst you have social and mental health issues could only mean your employment is shortlived, which could worsen symptoms and really put you off working for good.off topic but what i think the government is doing well right now is the supply of funding to mental health practitioners and organisations/services for its adressing and treatment. about time.

as far as taxes go everyone pays taxes. look at GST.

as far as taxes go everyone pays taxes. look at GST.

Bloody oath. G.S.T = Government Sales Tax

If your a deadshit with nothing better in your life than the exploitation of your time and labor for the benefit of someone else's bank balance, then sure, working is 'getting a life'. But for the people with above average intelligence who dont define themselves by the mortgage slavery, its insulting in the extreme.

The next run of adds will suggest workcover recipients and dole bludgers are similar, tapping into another latent fear in the Australian populace - that of the individual who doesnt want to work themselves to death.

In the states you can work 50 hours a week or 1 hour a week and its all about getting ahead rather than just working for work's sake.

In the words of someone greater than me, 'capitalist countries are perpetuated by the myth of the self made man, when unknowingly the average man is restricted from birth by forces that they cannot even perceive'.

s far as jobs go i reckon government jobs are the bomb. 35 hr week, 9 day fortnight, most entry positions are 60k.

Really - not sure which departments you are talking about but the working week is longer in nearly all of the ones I can think of. Nine day fortnight if you work extra to build flex is a staple of the majority of corporate positions in Australia now days. You dont get a day off in a govt job without working extra time. In most departments there is currently a push to increase the working day beyond the standard 7.30 in most.

I know a number of workers in the public sector who work longer hours, get far less perks and who work for managers who have nearly no accountability for their decisions. You dont even get teabags because its 'public money'.

And entry level is not 60K.