The Corroboree
Magicseven

ayahuasca

a friend of mine was wanting to make ayahuasca using the seeds of acacia aroma as a natural source of DMT with a MAOI aquired elsewhere. the problem is he tells me is that he dosnt know how much (gram wise) acacia seeds he should use in the 3 stage boiling method for preparing ayahuasca, so i thought i would ask the most knowledgable people on ethnobatany (you peps).

my question is how much acacia aroma seeds does my friend need to use for making his brew (per serving). also are there any known complications with the ingestion of acacia aroma seeds ie other toxic plant components.

remember nothing incriminating, this is simply a friend of mind enquiring and using my access to these forums who would rather not experiment with dosages.

Edited by Magicseven

good luck to ur friend! never heard of aya being prepared from acacia seed.

Yah, I never heard of A. aroma seed being used for aya - seriously. I know that some parts of the plant are said to be active, but the seeds? We don't even definitevly know what kind of tryptamines they contain (assuming it's not some other class of alkaloid). I'd say UTSE, but am unsure how much you will find. Have you tried google?

Anyway, good luck & proceed with respectful caution. Have a sitter handy, and let us know how your friend goes.

Wikipedia says all sorts of things regarding tryptamines in Acacias, not all of it true and much of it unverified. Plain tryptamine isn't super active either.

The 'usual' (or even un-usual) tryptamine bearing ingredients are illegal because they contain DMT. So you can see how asking this question puts us in an awkward position. In theory, any material with the right tryptamines will be 'good' for ayahuasca, but your friend should be capable of figuring this out for themselves.

I am interested in the results of this though...

Thats actualy a pretty good one to point out the faults of wikipedia.

The 1st reference is jus a link to maya ethnobotanicals, free advertising I guess & the other is a link to a polish page without any references either.

With a little googling & a few keywords you might also find: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T4R-47SV31N-1Y&_user=10&_coverDate=03%2F11%2F1983&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=78b8d980ce4282d62481371e9b3d983e&searchtype=a

So probly good advice to tread carefully & probly sage for exploring plants you do'nt have a clue about.

Extended boil can remove cyanogenic glycosides (cyanide), they are quite common amongst Acacia.

Edited by shruman
  • Like 2

Shruman thanks a heap for that link. i will definetly tell my friend not to touch acacia aroma or any other acacia species not specifically recognised as being suitable for ayahuasca. i guess this is one of the reasons why experimenting with herbal remidies with unknown compunds is not such a good idea.

I may just be talking shit, but I'd recommend against using phalaris for anything to be consumed orally. Phalaris is potentially toxic for sheep and cattle, and even though that doesn't mean it's toxic to humans, I'd still avoid it.

does anyone know another good source of alkaloids for ayahuasca? the usual ingredients are highly illegal and not worth getting involved with.

???

I don't understand this part. Traditional ayahuasca components are not illegal. The only illegality comes from extraction, which is just as illegal with any acacia.

Edit: Ah, I get it, highly illegal to import.

Edited by Dale Cooper

Traditional aya plants are not (AFAIK) illegal to grow, but I thought it was illegal to prepare the plant material or possess it in a prepared form - http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7430&view=findpost&p=64933 not sure how current this is, but it seems like good advice. Dale is right too, def bad to import.

hmm, we can discuss that subject, but lets try to be professional about it.

generaly, i would recommand the topicstrter to read a lot at the aya or dmt forums, as

our forum mostly stays well clear of posting aya recepies...

phalaris is an average source of dmt, but only a/b's make it saver, to use, and the idea that gramin is less soluble in some solvents than the dmt.

what do you mean by a/b's planthelper? yeah ive read some online journals concerning the possible toxicity in some phalaris spp. eg HCN and gramine. will deffs procede with caution. i noticed another member tried a brew with phalaris, didnt seem to be to fond of it.

a/b means acid base extraction, but see now how fast we can go into unwanted waters.

so if one was to use phalaris aquatica what procedure would you suggest for making the safest possible ayahuausca?

...what procedure would you suggest for making the safest possible ayahuausca?

The most common procedure is to trawl the internet for the information you're looking for, come to your own conclusions on what your best options are for your situation and take the initiative to at least do some basic research before asking such questions.

If the know-how of which plants to use and how to do these extracts was given out to anyone that apparently hasn't put in the time and effort (and respect!) to find out at least a bit about the process for themselves it would be irresponsible to the plants and to the community for being so blasé with such important information.

These experiences should be enjoyed by all, however I believe there is an initiation process of sorts working with these substances that deserves due respect, caution and LOTS of study to better appreciate their magic. It will become more intuitive.

Good luck with your research, there are probably better forums to be asking these questions. I get the feeling nobody wants to discuss illegal things too much here, it's not really a chemistry forum anyway, we just like our plants and friendships and all that.

Check out the DMT Nexus & The Nook forums!

• Like 3

yeah ive done alot of research "The Dude", wasnt being lazy just seeing if anyone else had any experience with these particular ingredients. my only concern was the possible HCN and gramine compounds present in phalaris, hence a pointer on how to remove such compounds if at all possible. this isnt something blindly decided upon without thought. and besides i thought these forums served the purpose of offering information between people. telling me to go trawl the internet isnt helpful, obviously i have been doing that for some time.

anyway peace, no offence intended

I'm sorry, I thought an a/b would be common knowledge, especially after doing some research into this...

Nobody wants to give detailed descriptions on extraction because then the line between ethnobotany and drug manufacture is blurred and it could be seen as suggesting ways to break the law -which in these days may as well mean this forum is a terrorist network. There's plenty of worthwhile information here and a very helpful community. It's just better to stay off the radar than yell through a megaphone a detailed method of extracting a schedule 1 substance out of our beloved plants.

I don't want to see this site taken down is all. I'm all for free speech and freedom of information but if some of that information (in the times we live in) means losing it all, I'll tell you to just do your research elsewhere! :lol:

For these reasons I suggested the other forums, although I'm sure someone here could point you towards a better plant to source for your needs.

Here's a bright idea, grow some! It might take you a while to get what you need, and then maybe you need to wait a while. It's reward enough to just watch your plants grow in the meantime.

So far so good, I don't think anyone's offended (internet talk is tricky that way)

Edited by The Dude

the information regarding phalaris is available at the dmt nexus ,(link above).

You are brave to be looking into ayahuasca.

Welcome to the forum :)

mmm the nexus is very handy i think ive got all my friend needs to know now.

mmm the nexus is very handy i think ive got all my friend needs to know now.

i don't think your friend knows all that needs to know, as you stated above.

member the dude, took the time and posted some realy good posts for you, but all you did, is to come up with silly excuses like, quote:

yeah ive done alot of research "The Dude", wasnt being lazy just seeing if anyone else had any experience with these particular ingredients.

you know, people research those things for years and still always show respect for the materials involved, but you don't come across as having this character traits, and this is no good for aya.

again, nice posting, member the dude!!

@ planthelper. im not claiming to know everything concerning aya and as always i procede with caution and respect concerning anything herbal. i really think ive come off the wrong way to you. as Dude pointed out this really isnt the place to post such things and i will be more mindful in the future. apologises for causing such a fuss

Wasn't gramine disproven to be the cause of staggers? Now thought to be a mono Methyl derivative that is only produced by the plant under specific conditions ?...?...