The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

Spirit Molecule documentary Australian tour

smc.jpg

Spirit Molecule documentary Australian tour

Undergrowth.org and Entheogenesis Australis present the 2010 Spirit Molecule documentary Australian tour, with screenings across the country in December followed by talks with the writer/director Mitch Schultz. Tickets are AUD $23/20 concession, and advance bookings are recommended.

All tickets sold through www.greentix.com.au

With an exclusive 20-minute short film, "Surfing" by Verb Studios (Tim Parish), narrated by Rak Razam and soundscapes by Buttons Touching, based on the book Aya: A Shamanic Odyssey SCREENINGS:

1) MELBOURNE Wed December 1st, 9pm to 12pm CINEMA NOVA T: (03) 9349 5201 380 Lygon Street, Carlton VIC 3053 BUY TICKETS here: http://www.showclix.com/event/14882/

2) SYDNEY Wed 8th December 7pm - 1030 pm RITZ CINEMA 45 St Pauls Street, Randwick NSW 2031 T: (02) 9399 5722 BUY TICKETS here: http://www.showclix.com/event/14883/

3) BRISBANE Tuesday 14th December 7-10pm Tribal Theatre 346 George St, Brisbane, 4000 T: (07) 3211 5880 BUY TICKETS HERE: http://www.showclix.com/event/14884/

4) BYRON BAY Thursday, 16th December 7-10pm Byron Theatre and Community Centre, 69 Jonson Street, Byron Bay T: (02) 6685 6807

For full info http://undergrowth.org/spiritmoleculetour

:lol:

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

booked. great work ronny for supporting this doco B)

my pee pee is getting stiff just at the thought

also

With an exclusive 20-minute short film, "Surfing" by Verb Studios (Tim Parish), narrated by Rak Razam and soundscapes by Buttons Touching, based on the book Aya: A Shamanic Odyssey

it just has me wondering, why they need to include joe rogan in a doco like this. got nothing against the guy by any means but does his celebrity status somehow make the audience more willing to believe or something? there's got to be a million people with more pertinent things to say.

then again maybe joe will prove me wrong and steal the spotlight with some deep wisdom.

EGA has been helping but this Rak Razam baby and he certainly deserve most of the credit.

But yes fantastic that it is all taking place.

B)

i know this sound silly but.. if i was to attend.. do you think they would give us a dmt trip ? lol

after 6 months of looking and asking in melbourne , i still cant get dmt.

Hey 7baz

this is a documentary on DMT, as i am sure you know DMT is not legal in Australia, we empathizes with you problem and that is why we are running the film to bring about more awareness of DMTs more positive attributes.

As i am sure you can understand we are not going to provide DMT but rather knowledge about its use.

all the best with that quest.

:wink:

after 6 months of looking and asking in melbourne , i still cant get dmt.

Let me guess, your looking for and asking people.

People only have a very minute amount of dmt in their brain and other tissues.

Try asking a plant. I'm sure the yields would be much higher.

• Like 3

The theatre will be full of DMT smoke the whole time. You will surely be high if you come along!

Edited by folias

'We will be supply breathing apparatus for civilians that wish to simply watch the film without being having there minds bended' - Joke :lol:

Also, you might want to watchout for the roving pandas with water pistols containing Australias national emblem in a form which absorbs through the skin!

The first law enforcement officer to tazer and/or capsicum spray a panda gets a signed 1st edition copy of "I Am Spock" by Leonard Nimoy.

Julian.

• Like 1

We should get that signed 1st edition copy of "I Am Spock" by Leonard Nimoy in the EGA Raffle or maybe the Panda :devil:

The first law enforcement officer to tazer and/or capsicum spray a panda gets a signed 1st edition copy of "I Am Spock" by Leonard Nimoy.

Julian.

Got my tickets! I just finished the book and I'm very excited.

Any other SAB forum members going to the Sydney screening? How about we all wear a purple carnation in a hat as a secret sign. Or better yet, a garland of obtusifolia flowers...

This is almost sold out in Melb already there is only 20 tickets left

EGA conference ticketing is running low as well

I would love to go but being I'm in Adelaide and there is no Adelaide screening I will just have to wait for it to be released on DVD :-)

Either way I can't wait to see it!

#095 - DMT: The Spirit Molecule - An Interview with Dr. Rick Strassman

Download

November 16, 2010 11:56 PM PST

This episode is titled "DMT: The Spirit Molecule - An Interview with Dr. Rick Strassman" and is being released on Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2010. My interview with Rick Strassman was recorded on Nov. 15, 2010.

Rick Strassman MD performed the first human studies with psychedelic drugs in the US in over 20 years. His research involved the powerful naturally-occurring compound, DMT – N,N-dimethyltryptamine. Led to this substance through his earlier study of the pineal gland as a potential biological locus for spiritual experiences, he administered several hundred doses to DMT to approximately 60 volunteers between 1990 and 1995. He wrote about this research in the popular book, DMT – The Spirit Molecule, now in its 15th printing. With three distinguished collaborators, he co-authored Inner Paths to Outer Space, which looks more carefully at the common “other worlds” experience volunteers typical of the DMT effect.

Since 1996, Dr. Strassman has been exploring models for the DMT effect, and has focused primarily on the Old Testament concept of prophecy. This is a spiritual experience which takes into account the apparently external, free-standing nature of the DMT “worlds,” in which one’s sense of self is highly preserved and interactive. This is in contrast to previous models that borrow more heavily from Eastern religious systems, ones that emphasize unitive, ego-dissolving experiences. In addition, the prophetic model deals directly with ethical and moral concerns, adding a crucial element to our ability to understand and integrate the content of the psychedelic experience. He is developing these ideas in his next book, The Soul of Prophecy, due to appear in 2011.

Dr. Strassman is currently Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine. He is also President and co-founder of the Cottonwood Research Foundation, which is dedicated to consciousness research.

www.rickstrassman.com

www.thespiritmolecule.com

Ah damnit, wanted to grab tix for this in Melb. Any way I could score 1 or 2?

Got 1 spare ticket for the screening in Melbourne this Wednesday (Dec 1)

EGA raffle/merchandise table tonight @ Melbourne Screening

See you soon

:wink:

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

Anyone going to Brisbane screening tonight?

No Perth showing :BANGHEAD2:

Awesome night in Brisbane, thanks heaps Ronny and the rest of the sponsors! Great films and sick conversation :)

I watched DMT spirit molecule last night on DVD. It's a very accessible medium to share the wonder surrounding the molecule. My Mum was well impressed.

Got my copy from the EGA shop