The Corroboree
Sola

Native Ephedra Book

I reckon Tasmania would be the place for native Ephedra sp, and the southern coast of the mainland. They don't mind salt, love the cold etc..

It's a big-ass country with only 200 odd years of botanical history, it already supported over 50,000 years worth of curious shamans, clever men who's magic really works because

they know what they are doin', they know the land and her vegetation, took 'em 50,000 years, all of the Australian ethnobotanical information (50,000 years worth) was erased when the clever men were tracked.

Now it is largely up to us to bio-assay most of the plants in Australia, since we can't trust anyone who we can hear, & we hafta' document & report our findings.

IMHO there are plenty of southern species of Ephedra, as well as a few hundred Australian Erythroxylum sp.

So much work to be done here...

I for one look forward to exploring and encountering some of these plants, it's such a shame the sharing of knowledge

wasn't embraced 200 years ago, we would live in an entirely different country. Too much greed.

It's great to hear about not minding salt and loving the cold, I can think of quite a few places to check when I'm there next.

Just wish there was something of a field guide or specimens in the botanic to see in cultivation si it is easier to recognise.

Once I see a plant I can usually recognise it anywhere else as well as related species.

200 years ago some ass-clowns were 20 years into a very successful Hostage siege here, took whatever they wanted and eradicated anything different to their stupid fucked up complexes.

The original keepers of this land knew all there is to know, over 50,000 years of ethnobotanical research, then along comes global village, massacre's as many people as possible before asking

those who are left for special knowledge, good on the real Australians for not bucklin' like so many indigeonous peoples overseas have! I love how they'd pick bad food and pretend to eat it in front of starving maniacs.. The settler's lived on Koori meat for the first 10 odd years, stole heads of warriors, ignored Taboos, fuck 'em, if they knew the worth of the knowledge in them hills and respected other people's human rights, then we'd know about all the plants by now but it'd prolly be in rememberance of how much cool shit the government has denied us...

Research is the only way, misinfo on sp varieties etc, all that trickery is cool imo :bong::shroomer:

• Like 1

Couldn't get photo's to work in the last post.

I have more but I think it should be enough for ID.

Sola

Cytisus scoparius won't grow from cuttings. It should be a weed in SA; here it does not cope with my humidity. It needs European bees to polinate it.

used medicinally (animals broken bones? JBL)

It has anti-stress and moderate anxiolytic activity which may be due to its antioxidant effect

Thanks michaelangelica, had narrowed it down but wasn't sure.

To the people who wanted seeds, I am pleased to say that finally they are forming. Unbelievably slow considering the wetter season.

I'll collect some when ripe and pass them on to interested people and of course you must be careful to avoid it escaping in your area

and becoming a weed as many places already have this situation.

Sola