The Corroboree
Amazonian

Pet dogs.

@ lickapop i called my dog dexter too lol and he looks incredibly like AndyAmine's new puppy he's a staffy with white chin and chest and even has 2 white toes although i think they are on the other foot

post-2376-0-57173100-1315373636_thumb.jp post-2376-0-06360500-1315373677_thumb.jp post-2376-0-29102300-1315374401_thumb.jp

Till, mother was a foxy x jack russell, father was a bit of everything x rottie/bull mastiff

IMG_3864.JPG

IMG_3898_3.JPG

IMG_0043-2.jpg

IMG_3864.JPG

IMG_3898_3.JPG

IMG_0043-2.jpg

• Like 1

He won Best of Breed in the minor puppy class. We may breed from him after he is titled and we have him fully health screened. Most probably he will be a stud dog if all goes well and he proves to be a worthy producer. Before all of this tho he is my best friend. He is a fully indoor dog as we don't have a yard, so as you can imagine he is pretty spoiled. We show him to give him a job. Its been really good consistent training for him and he knows when he is in the ring and that he is working. I think they actually know whats going on and they act like they are being tested. He is completely different in the ring to out of the ring. Now he is one we are starting on the training. Hopefully we can find some good weight pull and jumping comps to get him in. A dog with a job is a happy dog and much more rewarding companion.

He is much more filled out now, but here is a pick from when he was 8 months.

EartapeEditedSuggie.jpg

I will upload a copy of the BBC doco and link it here as soon as I get my desktop back.

• Like 1

^ :) . Good luck with all your doggy ventures. Cruze looks switched on and you certainly sound like you know how to handle a dog so i am sure you will both go far, so make some room for the ribbons and trophies etc... that are coming.

And yeah, def' interested in the BBC thing. Thanks.

@paradox, i am trying to imagine a Foxy breeding with a Rottie,lol. Till , is that short for Tillie?

Cross breeds are usually trouble free when it comes to genetic problems hey.

Hi Guys, I forgot about this thread.

I wont go into a lot of details but Maxi went to one of breeders about 2-1/2 weeks after his arrival, Ive been a bit embarrassed talking about it but I know did the right thing and you guys deserve to know what happened.

I have a lot of experience with raising and training dogs so while of course it was hard work (which is to be expected), the work load of looking after him was not the issue, it was more a brain chemical thing and I guess I was at a stage in my life where unknowingly to me I was walking on a knifes edges in regards to my mental health.

I mean sure I had a lot on my plate but I didnt feel overwhelmed and was looking forward to the challenge of raising a pup but unfortunately little maxi was the straw the broke the camels back, the cup just overflowed so to speak.

I woke up one morning about 7days after he got here and it was like a switch got flipped in my head over night and I had no emotions left (like zero) other than fear and anxiety, I was like a zombie 75% of the time and laughing/crying the other 25%, my hair started to fall out, I was vomiting every couple of hours etc.

So, knowing how important of a time in young Maxi's development it was and knowing I wasn't going to be getting better any time soon I made the EXTREMELY hard decision of finding somewhere more suitable for him, at least until I got better and found my feet again.

So the person who provided the Sire for Maxi's litter offered to take him and that's where he has been ever since, living with his Dad and cousins and such, lots of SBTs and GSD,s he was their house dog until about 3 months ago when he started jumping fences, couches/ doors etc, so now he is an outside dog, lol. apparently he can jump 6ft!

His Dads name is 'Spud' so Maxi's new name is 'Chips", lol..

I felt SO fucking guilty and it really took me some time to get over what had just gone down but both he and the other breeder have told me many times that I did the right thing, it took me a while to believe it myself but now I know that I did.

Ive kept in regular contact with his owner from the beginning and I got to see him at the Brisbane SBT Specialty Show a few weeks ago which was fantastic and amazingly he totally remembered me!

I had a good chat with the owner and he let me know that Maxi is there waiting for me anytime I feel ready or I can take another pup or dog if I choose, he is confident in my abilities as a dog owner and respects the choices I made.

So, I am currently looking for a new rental with a nice big backyard, some tall fences and more than likely room for an enclosed dog run. :D

post-824-0-29636700-1315380471_thumb.jpg post-824-0-36706000-1315380507_thumb.jpg post-824-0-62608400-1315380510_thumb.jpg post-824-0-09701900-1315380514_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-29636700-1315380471_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-36706000-1315380507_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-62608400-1315380510_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-09701900-1315380514_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-29636700-1315380471_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-36706000-1315380507_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-62608400-1315380510_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-09701900-1315380514_thumb.jpg

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 1

Sounds like you did the right thing mate. A hard decision to make but sounds like you were well enough to think of how your condition effects those around you. I hope one day you get to raise the dog you deserve, and I hope maxi wins big in the ring. All the best!

Yeah man it's a hard choice to make. But it sounds like you did the right thing for that point in time.

Here is a pic of my dog chasing bubbles at at doof when she was a puppy. she has grown up a bit since then

38474_100753519982073_100001422750726_3663_6292925_n1.jpg

and a baby pic for cuteness LOL

38863_101007219956703_100001422750726_5710_5239769_n.jpg

Edited by El presidente Hillbillios
  • Like 2

^ Great action shot Hillbillie ! And those eyes!

@paradox, i am trying to imagine a Foxy breeding with a Rottie,lol. Till , is that short for Tillie?

Cross breeds are usually trouble free when it comes to genetic problems hey.

yeah till, short for tillie, short for matilda.. she actually is my folks dog really as i moved out of home not long after we got her..

haha well it wasn't a foxy breeding with a rottie.. tills father's father was a rottie/bull mastiff & he bred with a mongrel that was a bit of anything & everything.. wasn't a very big dog.. tills father had a lot of the rottie look but wasn't that big.. & he bred with the foxy/jack russel (our neighbours dog), who never had pups her whole life (over ten years) then for some reason, i think she had something wrong with her pelvis.. my mum gave her some canine bowen therapy.. a few days later she got all fat, then had a big period & 2 weeks later she was pregnant.. so thats how till came to be..

yeah pedigree's are what they are because they're inbred, which can have all sort of genetic side effects..

Heres my new dog, Bhava, a few months ago.

100_1347.jpg

Black Lab, friendliest and smartest dog I've ever had.

Sometimes he just sits there and I can see him thinking, it frightens me because after he thinks he emerges with a new ability like climbing ladders, opening closed doors, or an understanding of electromechanical engineering.

• Like 2

This is my boy Harley, he was given to me about a year ago as a Ridgeback X Mastiff

post-9306-0-34771300-1315609079_thumb.jp

post-9306-0-77586300-1315609081_thumb.jp

post-9306-0-59553300-1315609085_thumb.jp

post-9306-0-34771300-1315609079_thumb.jpg

post-9306-0-77586300-1315609081_thumb.jpg

post-9306-0-59553300-1315609085_thumb.jpg

post-9306-0-34771300-1315609079_thumb.jpg

post-9306-0-77586300-1315609081_thumb.jpg

post-9306-0-59553300-1315609085_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

^ Couch potato,lol. My last dogs were allowed on the couch, but this time we are going to try to make the furniture a pet free zone ( nothing worse than looking like you have a mohair jumper on when you haven't,lol). But i tell ya, its hard, because 'Buddy' ( my pup) looks at you with those 'i am adorable' eyes , and you cant resist putting him on your knee , next thing you know he is romping on the couch!

@ Auxin..." understanding electromechanical engineering" hmmm, smart dog :lol: . Bhava doesn't look like a black lab hey ( IMO)?. Beautiful looking dog.

Hes an american black lab as distinct from the english bloodline, thats why his ears are a bit perkier.

One day he was sitting by my irrigation pump when a noisy little plane flew over, he kept looking back and forth from the pump to the plane obviously recognizing a similarity, then he just sat there thinking. I'll be damned if he wasnt trying to figure out how to fly. Good thing my pumps electric, he wont get too far.

Edited by Auxin

shit yeah aux, those sorta lineages do it for me, highly intelligent, generally good natured given their strength and aggressive potential, plus good hunting companions if gun dog methods of hunting is ya sorta thing.

ah dog breeds do my head in, have been trying to figure out the retriever / lab retriever thing for many years.

Yours initially is something i wouldn't call a lab retriever, looks sorta like a golden retriever influence in the coat and ears, but such a lab retriever structure underneath, initially i'd thought golden retriever x black lab retriever (never heard of that one! gold retriever x gold lab retriever is abundant here though). The american lab retrievers remind me of black pointers (as can english ones to me, but english usually more stubby like a mastiff).

No doubt lotsa variations even within somewhat stable breeds.

Nice dog mate :D You feed off each other no doubt, intelligent dogs reach better potential with intelligent owners, it's amazing what can happen.

Thought I'd share a good pic I got of 2 of our dogs

e2e6ab03.jpg

The little one (rosy) is a chiuaua cross jack Russell I think, and the other one (boagy) is a whippet x Italian greyhound, he's a beast :)

• Like 1

LOL thats a classic photo. She's like oh shit! busted in the act and him there snickering away hehehehe.

38474_100753519982073_100001422750726_3663_6292925_n1.jpg

I didn't realise she was yours mate; I saw her at Monster Mash and couldn't get over how blue her eyes were. I was even telling people about how I saw a small horse with really nice eyes. She must have heard me as well, as she came over to hang out for a little while on Sunday morning :).

Yeah she knows more doofers than me LOL. She likes to wander round in the mornings looking for bacon LOL

@ Jonstn... Great pic of your dogs kicking back in the love pad,lol :)

Bit of an update on 'Buddy' who is now at about 4 months old. I reckon the word 'terrier' stems from the word 'TERROR'... He has to be the most gross dog hey. He brings snails into the house and chews them up, and throws them around, and then rolls in them. He loves to eat chook poo. He had a long hairy kind of thing recently which he was happily chewing on...... a lovely mummified cat hair ball..mmmmm. We had to move the cat liter tray because he thought that was good to add to the menu, lol and gag!!!. He humps his toys! (we try to discourage that whilst the kids have their friends over). He hasn't wrecked too much stuff but did chew the carpet up, and just today, i found him chewing the arm of my good sunglasses that came from the opp-shop, grrr. But even after all the horrible things he does... i still love him :)

post-7430-0-92413700-1321592841_thumb.jp post-7430-0-56825900-1321593157_thumb.jp

Buddy dog.jpg

Bloody dog!.jpg

Buddy dog.jpg

Bloody dog!.jpg

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 1

Cheers Amazonian, they love cuddling its pretty cute, until they start humping :huh:

Hows your terror holding up? Hope it's settled down a touch!

My partners 6yo brother showed me this iPod app that you use to take pics of cars and add dents and flames to them (so you can prank your friends im guessing) so I've taken it upon myself to get my and my mates animals in wicked farting poses:

95a17d1a.jpga38593ca.jpg

So so so mature lol :bong:

• Like 2

^ :lol: . I have a crazy photo app' for my iPod also.

post-7430-0-18313200-1328653146_thumb.jp

Yeah, Buddy is still a TERROR, but he is great company, i wouldnt be without him. He has this thing for lasers. I have a low MW laser which we point up and down the hall way , out the back door, round the lounge and over obstacles, and he goes sick. Great exersize for him. But he is obsessed with it and sits by the shelf that it is kept on, and he keeps looking up at it,lol.

post-7430-0-63450500-1328653151_thumb.jp

^ action shot

Buddy as a girl.JPG

Buddy loves Elmo.JPG

Buddy as a girl.JPG

Buddy loves Elmo.JPG

• Like 3

WHose the pet? the one that gets upearly to work all day or the one that gets to stay home and bark at the postman?

Buddy now has a friend... A female Border Collie. She is 8 weeks old . We just got her yesterday after an 8 hour round trip!...things we do huh.

Buddy wasn't sure at first, and was showing his teeth to the pup, but now he wants her to chase him :). I think they will be great friends.

We are debating on a name....Panda?. Shelby? Spot? Frizbee?, lol. I want to call her something from the native American Indian lingo, something that meant 'wolf'. The Navajo word for wolf is 'mai-coh' ,and the Cherokee word for wolf is 'wa-ya'. I am not wrapped in those. 'Takoda' is Soux for 'Friends to everyone' and i really like this, but its hard to convince the rest of the family. (pretty sure Takoda will be her name. It will be shortened to koda no doubt) I hope no one else has a dog called this.

Anyway... this is her... :wub:

post-7430-0-18513000-1353625078_thumb.jp post-7430-0-17351000-1353625475_thumb.jp

puppy.jpg

gorgeous.jpg

puppy.jpg

gorgeous.jpg

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 3

Kingston council (Melbourne) wanted our chihuahua de-nutted for registration.

He's got a heart murmer and the vet wrote that surgery is not advised for non-life threatening situations.

So now he's registered and still got his nuts.

Apparently males have a "problem" getting our dogs "fixed", but I rekon if it's not broken,...