The Corroboree
mutant

A questions for sub eaters

There was a great decrease of tripping potential observed in a batch of -long- dried woodlovers.

3 people , A, B, C took the same dose in different times during the year, in a pretty much similar setting & set.

the material was picked and dried instantly on dec 2009, A took 1,6 on april 2010, B took 1,6 on June, C took 1,6 on September 2010. The storage was the same all year round, but we get some hot weather in the summer - the material was still in shady and relatively cool place. Some might have been exposed to atmospheric air though....

A had a decent trip, 5 hours, low end. B + C had a very mild trip, nothing near the proper trip A had, like, mild like not even a distinct come-up or peak... not they had nausea. A had nausea, distictive as fuck comeup, peak, blueish colours [unusual for him].

A=first time psilo

B=first time classic psychs

C=first time classic psychs

All had a pleasant afterglow and lift day after, A had the most amazing such effect probably, even though it's hard to measure.

What are your thoughts?

1) the material degraded

2) A is really a softhead

fresh /raw is best naturally, also different and more intense .... foaf has found this also with cubensis...

It largely depends on how they're dried. Spread out whole on flyscreen, suspended over damprid in a sealed container, they will be as light as styrofoam in a couple of days. Kept in the freezer they will keep their potency pretty well. When dried this way they are so light that you have to be careful with these. Someone had an intergalactic journey from 3g of these. The same person has needed more than 5g of less thoroughly dried subs, or 30g+ fresh for a similar experience.

Having said that, I would agree with ZP on the qualitative aspects of fresh versus dry.

you're not really answering my questions

do they degrade a lot outside a freezer/fridge? anyone with experience?

Someone told me theirs degraded to practically null after a year or so of being kept in a zip lock bag in a dark place. None were tried in the intermediate so she wasn't sure of how long it took for them to degrade. I don't know how she dried them, but they were quite effective soon after drying.

ha !!! even a dehydrator wont solve your problem ,

to move to the next level consume more fresh subs and ask the mushroom spirit !!!

thanks for answers

btw it was a single patch, picked in one time.

I have noted through research that dried and stored mushrooms will still be active up to a year later. They loose potency for sure but certainly do not end up with none. I'm talking, cracker, (or near as to it) dry, stored with desicant bags or rice and in jars in a dark place.

the experience I have had focuses mainly on the famous australian woodlover. I am a little unsure of what other species would do.. perhaps having a look over at the shroomery would yeild the kind of information you are looking for mutant?

you're not really answering my questions

do they degrade a lot outside a freezer/fridge? anyone with experience?

If they're air dried and sealed up in a jar or ziploc bag and kept out of the fridge, my impression is that the potency has a half life of about 10 weeks.

FOAF has consumed 12 month old subs that where dried in 18 hours to cracker standards then ziplocked with dessicant and put into the freezer, FOAF expected an amount of degradation in potency so a dose of 3.5g was taken. FOAF was tripping harder than possibly ever after 30 minutes ( lemon tea tek ) a friend of FOAF ended up calling the ambos as he was unable to "go with the flow" and started to have a panick attack.

those subs aged gracefully like a fine wine.

in my experience properly dried and stored in zip-lock baggie in a coolish, dark place (it does get to 40 here in summers and my aircon aint that good) i have only noted a slight loss of potency over 1 year period...

What method was used to dry them mutant? It is impossible to get them totally dry without using dessicants.

subs.

dried on screen over dessicant.

kept in cardboard box in bottom of cupboard.

slight loss of potency but not enough to worry about, keeps me happy all year till next season.

common sense goes a long way.

i've never heard of this "common sense"

is it a new concept?

or perhaps it's the mythical sixth or seventh sense?? :lol:

There's too many variables to be able to give a definite answer.

In any batch of shrooms(except for shrooms grown from an isolated substrain with homogenous genetics), wild or cultivated there will generally be a range of different potency specimens in each batch.

Any group of people will have members with different tolerance and that can vary on different days.

To make a fair comparison you would be better to test it on the same person each time to determine if there was much degradation in the potency levels.

They would have certainly lost some potency in that time.

Maybe B & C should lemon tek 3 grams each next time :shroomer:

I have heard many times after time spend in the freezer, there is a greater potency compared with in a dark place at room temp. Crispy dry - ziplocked - freezer.

Anybody else?

Yes, D.Sage-I feel ya

Edited by educate

dried and stored in honey is good, use honey on toast or in tea :lol: makes honey go a bit runny tho.

To make a fair comparison you would be better to test it on the same person each time to determine if there was much degradation in the potency levels.

yeah that is what has to be done

they were dried in a dehydrator

thanks a lot for your answers!

they were dried in a dehydrator

with heat? or without?

with little heat. the dried specimens kept a blueish colour, if that says anything. I didn't know by then psilocin rich species are better kept in the freezer undried or consumed fresh

but remember that A did the first bioessay of 1,6gr some 4 months after drying and storage in dark place

C's bioessay specimens might have been left out of a jar for some time...

I thought freezing fresh specimens was a bad idea; all they do is turn to mush.

Psilocin is pretty much destroyed through any drying process but drying rapidly with minimal heat (<40 degrees C) will keep most of the psilocybin intact. From there, storing in ziplock bags / tupperware with dessicant in a freezer should hold the remaining potency indefinitely.

Basically the less you expose the specimens to heat, light and oxygen, the slower the oxidisation process.

Pretty much what others have said, but that's what my reading and exposure to hearsay tells me.

I thought freezing fresh specimens was a bad idea; all they do is turn to mush.

I wouldn't consider this much of a problem. Edibles are often frozen for storing , and they are cooked semi-frozen, before they become a mush. Besides you do not eat psilos for tastes or texture.

I would expect the semi frozen psilos , eaten, to be equally or only slightly more disgusting to eat than fresh-fresh. Only problem here would be one would have to put premeasured doses in each baggie to the freezer.

Edited by mutant