The Corroboree
Torsten

Chemical Shaman we will miss you

Is that the guy doing all the filming at EGA 09? Either way, i'm sure those who knew him will miss him. I'm sure he had a lot of knowledge and experience to share so that will be missed. Regards to his family and his close friends and corroboree friends. My love is with you!

cheers

I am devastated by CS passing but hope some of you can come pay tribute on Sun 19th Sept in the botanical gardens - see other thread under news and events for more details

I've just been to the pub with Adele, Sina and some other plant heads and we all feel next sunday is in keeping with what Denis would want us to do.

Two plant warriors in less than a month - I don't know what to say. Are we all going home soon?

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

omg.

my heart goes out to his family and friends.

I got to have a really good chat with CS last ega, and really enjoyed his company. and was looking forward to chatting next ega.

i also enjoyed his antics when he hijacked peoples computers, i always got a giggle.

im a bit lost for words, as im a sure a lot of us are.

RIP CS

I so widh i could come along next sunday to join in paying tribute. my thoughts will be there with you.

Cheers, Obtuse.

Edited by obtuse

Could someone please stop the world - I think that I'd like to get off for a little while.

What a loss. What else can be said?

Vale ChemicalShaman.

:( There isn't an avatar to express my sadness. Not enough time, I never got to know u well enough.. I love u dude, may your next journey be a great one.

First time I met Denis - nearly 10 years ago.

In what we would all later learn to be his usual generous nature he gave all of these away and then picked some more for himself.

post-6-128413226628_thumb.jpg

Denis Shaw crop .jpg

Denis Shaw crop .jpg

I really dont know what to say because i am still shocked. I liked him a lot.

I wont post for the next day in order to show my respect for Denis. I want this to be understood as a virtual moment of silence and everyone who wants to partake is very welcome. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Denis, hadnt spoken to you for couple of months.

How sorry I am I didnt ring a couple of weeks ago.

See you in the next life brother.

You may be gone but never forgotten.

An absolute tragedy...

I doubt a funnier, naughtier, more authentic, beautiful human ever lived.

The world just got a whole lot more boring and less compassionate.

RIP

this is really really fucked up. truly one of the most fun, funny and most of all caring dudes i have ever had the privilege of knowing. like others have said, he really was having a fucking ball up in cairns over the last couple of months, he was the happiest i have seen him in a long time.

will miss you forever brother

Denis described to me a bar that he created in another dimension and used to frequent regularly at one stage.

I hope he is there now knocking down a cold one and chatting to his regulars. May that soldier of mischief party eternally.

Edited by -=IndigoSunrise=-

Totally shattered and shocked to lose another member of our community.

I will miss you brother it was great knowing you and seeing Avatar together, will never forget all those great times. And I will forever regreat not coming upto to see you last month.

I also believe that we will meet up again.

Another star / angel in the sky

Love ya bud, always missed and remebered

I cant believe it!This is so wrong.I havent talked much to denis in a long

while but I am extremely saddened to hear he has gone.R.I.P.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/body-found-at-base-of-cliff-near-mareeba/story-e6freoof-1225916954127

Body found at base of cliff near Mareeba

* September 10, 2010 6:00AM

POLICE are investigating the death of a man who was found in Davies Creek National Park, near Mareeba, Thursday afternoon.

An emergency services spokeswoman said he was located at the bottom of a 40 metre cliff.

Rescue services were called in to retrieve the body and he was taken to Cairns Base Hospital.

A police spokeswoman said they were investigating an accidental death at this stage and would prepare a report for the coroner.

===================================

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/2720583

A few people have privately wondered about denis' state of mind after Being's passing recently and how this might be connected to his own death.

thanks for clarifying that

Is that the guy doing all the filming at EGA 09?

yes

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/body-found-at-base-of-cliff-near-mareeba/story-e6freoof-1225916954127

Body found at base of cliff near Mareeba

* September 10, 2010 6:00AM

POLICE are investigating the death of a man who was found in Davies Creek National Park, near Mareeba, Thursday afternoon.

An emergency services spokeswoman said he was located at the bottom of a 40 metre cliff.

Rescue services were called in to retrieve the body and he was taken to Cairns Base Hospital.

A police spokeswoman said they were investigating an accidental death at this stage and would prepare a report for the coroner.

===================================

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/2720583

i love that park, one of my favourite in the area, very beautiful.

thanks again for the info.

something denis had posted years ago about his own death that has stuck with me to this day:

I'll probably arrange and pay for my funeral well in advance and it's not going to be one on those nancy fucken dickhead funerals where everybody goes there and listens to sad music and cries boohoohooo etc fuck that ridicuous shit. It's going to be awsesome!!! Open bar, lot's of drugs, really good music, everybody will have a great time and then i want to be buried naked in the ground, no coffin,no clothes just me and dirt. Everybody that goes to my funeral wil have a great time and im going to host the whole thing via pre-recorded video.

It absoloutely shits me how everybody gets so precious and ridiculous about death, wake up to yourself people, death is nothing to be worried about at all!!! I would fucken top myself tomorrow if I didn't have anything better to do. No shit.

Even basic common sense should suggest that this is NOT ALL THERE IS TO EXISTENCE, i mean it should be fairly obvious also that this is not going to be as good as it gets, what comes next is gonna be fucken beautiful and strange and extraordinary and incredible and amazing and sensational and we're going to feel so fucking ridicuous for thinking that a single thing that ever took place on this planet meant a single fucken thing. it shits me seeing people get all cut up over people dying on them, fuck that shit, be happy for em and move on!!! Death should be celebrated not mourned!!

september 9th 2010

by Zoe

the rain woke us up at 5am, by a river where we had the mattress by the fire and under stars.

we went back and slept in the car. we were upset, but there was never a good excuse to be upset or sad for too long, when there were many good friends around at the campsite, after we wake up again, and the weather was great after the rain.

we hung around and grabbed some food in kuranda market with jack, sent him off, decided to see davis creek before i go back [home].

denis hated the road in the national park, but it was fun.

we climbed over the fence of the lookout, ate some passion fruit on the rock, threw the peels into the valley.

then we went over to the water, had a swim. we sat on the edge of the waterfall for a while, it was warm under the sun, the sound of the water was intense, i could barely hear him when he told me about how he once climbed all the way up from the bottom of the waterfall to where we sat.

we walked around on the white marbles to the upper reaches, where the water ponds were peaceful on the rocks, and everything was so bright under our feet.

denis was always ahead of me wherever we went, he'd look back and smile on the top of a rock or something, wait for me to reach him. it was strangely sweet that for the first time he stopped, he walked back to me in the middle of the creek, and gave me a long hug and kiss, when we were on our way back to the edge of the waterfall again.

i watched him walking towards the cliff, and stand above everything of the valley, on the verge of the sky. i slipped into a water pond, i didn't follow him for some reason. it was the last time i saw him standing, a bright outline on a blue and green background of an ambiguous depth, of air and light.

i submerged my head in the pond, found it quiet without the sound of the waterfall in the air, even though i was so close to it.

i was alone when i got up.

denis taught me the call of cooee, i started shouting on the spot where he was standing, just for fun, cus i thought he might went back to his car.

there were no response, for fifteen minites or so, before a couple walked towards me from the lookout.

they heard me calling, they came to me and said there's a dead man on the under of the waterfall.

i laughed, i thought it was a bad joke. they took me to the lookout, and i saw denis's back floating in the pond on the bottom.

there was no mobile reception, i got in their car and they were driving down hills for help. i asked them to stop, and let me go, i asked them to get the help as soon as possible, and i'll be waiting with denis.

i climbed down the valley, i went into the pond and pull him out of the water, i lay him on the sandbank, i tried CPR.

i kept washing the blood that came out of his face off with clear water, his eyes were closed all the time. no breath, no pulse.

eventually, i decided to hold his hand and sing close to his ear. if any chance he hadn't loose some sense of hearing, i thought the voice of the waterfall was too intense to be the only company.

there was a rainbow above us within the waterfall, we were the only ones who could see it from the right angle.

we were sorrounded by trees, fresh water, birds...before i heard the sound of the helicopter. i knew the peace was over.

i covered his ears with my hands when the sound became unbearable, a few people came down and dragged him to the upper sandbank, put a mask on his face and a hypodermic needle on his arm, then CPR.

after a few minutes they told me they are sorry because he's dead, i said i understand.

they pulled us up to the helicopter, there was sunset on the horizon.

i started crying when they put an earphone over my ears, when things quiet down for the first time after it happened.

we flew to cairns airport and were sent to the base hospotal.

i went back [home], and denis is still there.

Thanks for passing that on Torsten

Man I don't know how many knew Denis,but he was/is always the kindest mad-ass character I ever met.....this has shocked the crap outta me and no doubt a LOT of older and new forum members.

Waterdragon would remember the time we had to save him from the Hillbilly's at Yass before staying a night at my joint,we really connected...the young fellar I was looking after gave up his bed for him and Chemsha was so blown away...this was the final leg of the latest road-trip at the time and the Ford shat itself.

post-300-1284261940_thumb.jpg

Shit Denis I dunno what to say,I'll try not to grieve as you wish...it's gunna be hard.

Damn.

post-300-128426146775_thumb.jpg

See you on the other side sipper :unsure:

Light and Love

Mesc and Mandy and Maya...

CS.jpg

fuckcar.jpg

CS.jpg

fuckcar.jpg

Edited by mescalito

RIP Brother. You will be missed! See you on the flipside. I know you're having a ball, will be great to catch up again!